Financial problems

• Thread starter Thread starter Lostass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2K

Lostass

Reaction score
I am still having big problems with my finances. I am a manager of Juventus, and although the board says I'm in secure financial position, last season I was dropped to 24th from 16th in World's Richest Clubs. 10 of 12 months in the year I lost about 2-3 millions a month, then because of winning Europa League and Serie A I had profit of 45 millions. And then, surprisingly, in the next month I have lost about 40 millions (???) out of nowhere. I sold one player for 27 millions and bought the other for 22 that month.

What's the problem??? I have reduced wages for all players I could, sold those, who don't have enough ability to play for Juve, did everything I could with wages. I can't expand my stadium, I can't even upgrade my facilities because of lack of money.

What should I do to make profits??? Is it really just wages? Can I somehow compensate it with transfer and wage budget ??? I have about 50 millions for transfers.

What are the attendances like in the Serie A? They were horrible for me when i picked up Milan in the 4th season, no one sold out their stadium ever bar Napoli once or twice in the two seasons i played there. You'll be missing out on a lot of cash if your not filling the stadium, only way to improve this is to get the reputation of the league up i think. Getting a strong position in the Champions League could help this.

Check your staff's wages, you might want to downsize with the number of staff. I had under the recommended amount for all staff positions at Milan the finances were so tight early on. I had some dire coaches, physios and scouts and they were on sums of £9k a week. Sometimes it's worth canceling their contracts or letting them run down.

Don't spend too much of your budget, if you can improve and take the title easily with only a signing or two then do that. When i was at Arsenal i didn't spend more than £15m on any single player and i came out close to Barca and Madrid for finances. Try and pick up cheap players that you think might improve in value and sweep the transfer listed and free agents for players you think you could sell for a profit. I've done this with Adler, Babacar and a few others to generate easy profit.

Regens are good to buy too, i worked two into my team for Milan allowing me to sell older first team players for a joint amount of around £40m and both regens were better by the end of the season and younger.

Make sure when you're not doing transfers you set your budget all to wages so you have no transfer budget. It raises the interest you receive i think.

Back