Finding the right amount to sign players for.

• Thread starter Thread starter Magaca
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

Magaca

Reaction score
Sometimes a player's estimated cost doesn't show up in his scouting report, and sometimes you don't have resources to scout players from clubs on other continents.

If you have nothing to go by, what do you make your first offer? His value? His value times two? Help would be appreciated here.

Really depends on the player, their club, their potential, age, squad status and if they're unhappy or something else. Sometimes starting on their current value, getting a counter offer and trying to find good price in between is usually the way to go. If I know it's a player the club is unlikely to sell at first I might start at 1.5x their value and work from there - or times, if they're interested in joining my club and ain't too happy staying where they are, I might start at something below their current value.

But a good rule of thumb is simply asking yourself what you think the player is worth and what he is worth for his current club - and put that up against how important you think he would be for your club. Especially when buying young players with good potential you might as well throw their current value out the window as it doesn't mean anything as sometimes the club and the player himself hasn't accomplished anything so far in their career.

But a good rule of thumb is simply asking yourself what you think the player is worth and what he is worth for his current club - and put that up against how important you think he would be for your club. Especially when buying young players with good potential you might as well throw their current value out the window as it doesn't mean anything as sometimes the club and the player himself hasn't accomplished anything so far in their career.

Thats pretty much how I do it I decide what I think a player is worth and bid from there I often have a value I wont go above unless he will be key...

More often than not if the club dont want to sell to you he will cost at least twice his value...

Back