Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
I have heard a few people saying not to fiddle around too much with individual instructions (closing down, passing, runs from deep, creativity, tackling etc.). I am a perfectionist (but far from perfect at FM), so I naturally spend ages tinkering around with every setting I can find. I've also read that using some of these individual settings affect touchline instructions from working, I can see why. Do you tend to leave individual settings alone and have everyone doing the same thing (closing down, creativity, pass length, attacking mentality etc), or are you a tinkerer like me?

always tinker, a player gtting 3 red cards in 5 matchs should prolly not tackle as hard as the rest of the team eh:)

It depends if you used the new tactic tool to make your tactic. If you fiddle around with the setings, Touchline Instructions are unlikely to work, because essentially, you have created a tactic "the old way"

personally i dont tinker for the sake of tinkering, as i mainly use the shouts anyway, but i adjust certain things. but then my style is not to create an exact tactic for my side, telling my players to do exactly this or that, but to create a framework for them to unleash their abilities

personally i dont tinker for the sake of tinkering, as i mainly use the shouts anyway, but i adjust certain things. but then my style is not to create an exact tactic for my side, telling my players to do exactly this or that, but to create a framework for them to unleash their abilities

But this all depends on what team you're using. For instance, I'm using Bromley so have to have them set up in a rigid and disciplined way, and they play exactly how I want them to play.
But if you are a top Prem side, I usually do go fluid and with a lot of roaming, etc, so that they can show what they're made of.

I am a thinkerer, try to change things a bit. Mostly change things I se don't work the way I want it though.

But this all depends on what team you're using. For instance, I'm using Bromley so have to have them set up in a rigid and disciplined way, and they play exactly how I want them to play.
But if you are a top Prem side, I usually do go fluid and with a lot of roaming, etc, so that they can show what they're made of.
it depends though. if you can find intelligent players for your level, you can still play that kind of football.

I have some intelligent players, but generally for the team I keep it rigid, and then allow them to play free football if they open up and bang in a few.

I'm sometimes sad enough to note down what the assistant says in his feedback and change things until I have it perfect 8-|

I always make a tactic based around the players at hand. But when doing this, I also take into consideration that the shouts should be able to use

Example:
1.) I always want my AMC ( in my narrow diamond) to stay high in his position) so I tweak his mentality so it always stays at 20. When going "Counter" he will still stay high, holding possession in an advanced position.

etc, etc

I always make a tactic based around the players at hand. But when doing this, I also take into consideration that the shouts should be able to use

Example:
1.) I always want my AMC ( in my narrow diamond) to stay high in his position) so I tweak his mentality so it always stays at 20. When going "Counter" he will still stay high, holding possession in an advanced position.

etc, etc

In this sentence "1.) I always want my AMC ( in my narrow diamond) to stay high in his position) so I tweak his mentality so it always stays at 20." What is the "...stays at 20 bit"?

under player instructions there is a mentality bar(in the top) makes you able to decide where on the pitch the play should be in that position, makes it possible to play the nike defence and or make it easier for the lines to connect

I think I know what your talking about, but what does the "20" bit mean?

I see! I didn't know that. I was kind of hoping there were some more hidden settings for me to fiddle with.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

So I've just used the new Create Tactics option for the first time, I take it I still need to adjust my individual players settings!?!

yes, the tac maker don't know about stuff like nike defence and seems to like 15346467845623345 crosses a match

it's a way to set up the back four in a formation that resembles the nike logo by using the mentallity bar to set them up like below, I use 12 for l/rb 10 for cbl ans 8 for cbr but with a very high defence . Vary this acording to your own playstyle and player abillity

lb ta rb
cb po
cb

ta(oposing targt man)
po(opsing pocher)

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

and change the side that is deepest according to opponts setup