Fining fat people (Arizona)

The whole world should follow this approach. Yes Arizona!

Yes it is. Unless they have some kind of glandular problem, of course.

another ****** up article by yours truely...

I say, "each to their own, let them die"

Chaz, your news finds really are something to behold XD

another ****** up article by yours truely...

I say, "each to their own, let them die"

This. If it doesn't affect you, stfu and leave people alone.

I realise the irony of my nickname being tubby and me standing up for fat people, enjoy it.

The world would be a better place without lard-arses who take up 2 seats on a bus, but no matter what steps are taken there will always be enormous people unfortunately.

I'm not moving to Arizona or Japan then.. XD at least not 2/3 years ago, got my act together. ^^)

I realise the irony of my nickname being tubby and me standing up for fat people, enjoy it.

You and 'Lloyd is Fat' should create an FM-Base Fat Fighters. ddaaassttt!

UK think tanks periodically come up with the proposal to refuse treatment (or force them to pay for it rather than get it free on the NHS) to fat people for diseases caused by or relating to their obesity.

It is thought it would save as much as 60% from the NHS budget every year.

UK think tanks periodically come up with the proposal to refuse treatment (or force them to pay for it rather than get it free on the NHS) to fat people for diseases caused by or relating to their obesity.

They're doing that in some places already, but they're basing it on BMI of a person which is retarded. For instance, they'd be refusing perfectly healthy rugby players treatment.

@Tubby - It does affect us. How would you feel if the NHS had £10,000 in budget left, and they treated a fat person for heart trouble through their own causes rather than yourself? The idea is that if you put yourself in that situation, you pay for it yourself rather than the taxpayer for your carelessness.

People should pay for self-caused diseases - whether it be obesity, smoking, drinking etc - however financially forcing people to diet could be percieved as a borderline dictatorship.

Joel - I agree that when an obese person suffers a problem they want help for due to their obesity, they should pay themselves - the NHS shouldn't be put out for this. However the original article is a different matter

It does affect me. I pay taxes for their treatment, and if they get money from my pocket for operations which could be spent on oh, I don't know, cancer research and treatment, it does affect me. I've got family in Scotland too fat to work, and I simply don't agree with it. An example of how much fatties are going to cost Scotland by 2030;

Obesity levels soar as NHS costs set to top £3bn within 20 years - The Daily Record

I'm all for this. Why should I pay for someone to receive treatment because they are obese and can't be bothered to sort it out? GP's should be encouraged to give as much information to help them overcome it, and I understand that it is difficult for some people, but if you chose to be a burden on society then you should pay for it. The same can be said of alcohol/drug related illness too

They're doing that in some places already, but they're basing it on BMI of a person which is retarded. For instance, they'd be refusing perfectly healthy rugby players treatment.

@Tubby - It does affect us. How would you feel if the NHS had £10,000 in budget left, and they treated a fat person for heart trouble through their own causes rather than yourself? The idea is that if you put yourself in that situation, you pay for it yourself rather than the taxpayer for your carelessness.

But they wouldn't test the BMI of a tall, well built fella if he came in complaining about heart problems would they? You can clearly see when someone is fat and when someone is mega fit.

It does affect me. I pay taxes for their treatment, and if they get money from my pocket for operations which could be spent on oh, I don't know, cancer research and treatment, it does affect me. I've got family in Scotland too fat to work, and I simply don't agree with it. An example of how much fatties are going to cost Scotland by 2030;

Obesity levels soar as NHS costs set to top £3bn within 20 years - The Daily Record

Ugh, please dont play the 'i pay taxes therefore i am a demigod' card. Everyone pays taxes, for everything - and most of those things you will never use, experience or even learn of. Everyone pays taxes that pay for the NHS - some people need to use it, the luckier set don't. People are always going to be sick, we as a community all pay those taxes so that we all have the best chance of survival. As I've said, if someone has caused the medical problem upon themselves, they should pay for it out of their own pocket, but that's not how it works - imo that is the thing that needs to be changed.

p.s don't take any of this personally, most of your other opinions I've read seem to be pretty spot on!

I've recently lost 2 stone over the last year, down to 13 from 15.. Still a bit more to go though. Would have been quicker but I didn't cut out my booze at the weekends XD. But I realised that I had to do something about it or I'd end up like the people I used to mock, and I wasn't letting that happen!

But they wouldn't test the BMI of a tall, well built fella if he came in complaining about heart problems would they? You can clearly see when someone is fat and when someone is mega fit.

I'm not sure how it works. Some surgeons have had to refuse even after their GP gave the okay. I saw one video the other week where a man who was 15 stone (slightly overweight as he was quite tall), was refused surgery which left even the surgeon astounded. And AFAIK the districts that do it at the moment only refuse for non-essential surgery. So hips etc.

Back