First footballing memory

• Thread starter Thread starter Tobe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

Tobe

Reaction score
Hey guys just something to hopefully get people chatting a bit but I'm interested to see what peoples first memory is of football I'm 22 and I remember being amazed by Michael Owen when he scored againstArgentina in the 1998 Worldcup

im 17 now but my first memory of football is the mark Viduka winner against Arsenal to maintain our premier league status (for one season anyway) and cause Arsenal to lose the title. good times

18, and my 1st memory was at Old Trafford watching Fergie's 10 year testamonial. That and there being 4 no. 7's on the pitch at the same time (Becks, King Eric, Bryan Robson and Roger Moore - with the number 007)

I'm 19 now and a Livingston fan. The first real, special memory I have is an over-head kick from Stuart Lovell against Rangers, it was the winner in a 2-1 victory. It was 2001/02 believe. Fantastic.

Oh and also when the Livingston player Philippe Branquin booted the ball out of play, again against Rangers, maybe the same game, and it hit a small kid (Rangers fan) in the face. He then ran on the pitch at half time with a Livingston strip signed by major players for both Livi and Gers as an apology.

18 Now, probably first was my first game at Anfield.. 2-0 v Bolton.. Diouf and Owen scored :)

think it was 02/03

Last edited:
My memory sucks so my earliest memory isn't a football match as such but when me and my sister used to play for the Wigan Youth setup, it was my sisters first day there and she won a raffle (lucky *****) and got to meet Martinez and Diaz (Seba was unavailable) who had just signed (first foreign signatures in division 3). But she ended up having a full-blown argument with Martinez. That was back in 1995. So I suppose the signings of the three Amigos has to be one of my earliest.

20, and first memory was Roberto Baggios missed pen in final 1994. First football memory on United was back in 1998 and Eric Cantona.

when i was like 5 or 6 when my dad took me to see my first football game
was teh finale of local friendly cup Siroki vs Dinamo, i remember how overwhelaming it all was for me, a lot of people, emotions etc
also Sukers lob over Schmeichel

dont remember year nor age, but in first club game I ever saw Nistelrooy scoring 4 goals(2 allowed) Manu won 2-0 against some Italy club (juventus i think) - from that moment I went in love with nistelrooy and manu :)

Playing Hull, I was about 3/4, their player hits a 35 yarder.. Straight over Larrieu's head. It's been a rollercoaster ride since then!

United winning 5-0 against Zalaegerszeg in a Champions League qualifier in 2002. Van Nistelrooy scoring 2, one of which was a penalty, and Beckham, Scholes and Solsjkaer rounding it off. First footballing memory :)

I was born in 94, but vaguely remember us losing in 98. First proper memory was being 2-0 up and falling asleep against Romania - only to wake up and find out we'd lost!

im 18 now, and my first football memory was the 2006 world cup final :P Zidane head **** BOOM !!!

Back