coreystol61

Reaction score
This is random, but...
I started originally playing FM 10 months ago (FM20). I initially did a Liverpool save, but haven't played since reaching the January transfer window. I then did an AC Milan save, but my game kept crashing, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and did not touch the Milan save.
I then moved onto trying a South African save, since I'm South African. I used Ajax Cape Town (now called Cape Town Spurs) in the 2nd division, because I used to support them as a child as they were my local team. We effectively had the strongest squad in the division, but an inexperienced manager, so it was bound to be interesting.
The 2019/2020 season (my first season) started off with just one signing, and the departure of one of our key players. The board wasn't happy, but we moved on and signed a 20-yr-old in his place (from top-tier Mamelodi Sundowns).
As a team, we were rather inconsistent. We won our first 5 games, but slipped up quite a bit afterwards as I was still trying to learn more about FM. Got to the January window and so many academy prospects were poached by top-flight clubs (we've got one of the best academies). I almost wanted to stop playing, because I messed up some contract negotiations and some more KEY PLAYERS (including my **** captain, Thendo Mukumela, and exciting prospects Asanele Velebhayi and Kegan Johannes...) were poached on a free. Despite that, Mukumela played extremely well in the final half of the season.
However, after months of constantly changing formations and lineups, I kinda found my lineup and a typical 4-3-3 really suited me in the latter half of the season. We had the chance to win the league on matchday 29 out of 30, but we drew against the tricky Cape Umoya United. And in between the final 2 games, 3 key players got injured.
However, we really stamped our authority on the league and in setpieces on matchday 30. We dominated against Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhilanda (TTM) and all 4 goals came from setpieces in a dominant 4-0 win. Title and promotion secured, in my very first completed FM season.
We also broke the record goals in the league, record points (63, compared to the old 60), our top goalscorer's form got him the record number of goals in the division with 16... What a season it was!
Now, next season we won't have a few key players, such as Johannes and Mukumela. Our loanee star midfielder Grant Margeman doesn't want to stay on a permanent basis, so next season will be rather interesting. Already made some signings but they're not star signings. Might try to get some old boys back on loan, but I don't know. This will be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: