First looks

Reaction score
I've now played through the demo with the best team in the world, Vålerenga, and so far I've found a few oddities.

1. I lost 3 players to offers the board accepted. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but to me it was a massive one in the demo, as it was quite literally impossible to find replacements, especially when they sell my captain, vice-captain, and then my replacement vice-captain. I bought Mobi Okoli, Christoffer Aasbak (hardly used) and Dionatan Teixeira (back up defender as I only had two, only used due to injury). I sold Lars Ivar Strand, then lost Hæstad (captain), Zajic (vice-captain) and Kone (second vice-captain) and never got/really needed replacements.

2. It's really, really easy. I was running away with the league using a basically untweaked 4-4-2 diamond and hardly any new players. Even with the replacement problems, it wasn't very hard.

3. Got quite a few requests for improved contracts. Even got one who I offered an improved contract, gave him what he wanted, and then he asked again. Not sure if it was a bug, or if he was just being a cheeky ****.

4. I kept getting LOADS of offers for my players. It was getting fairly ridiculous. A player would get a 7.0 rating and I'd start getting offers. It was getting ******* annoying after a while.

5. Transfers. All of Norway's half decent players got sold to foreign clubs almost instantaneously. This may have to do with how easy it was, as I managed to hold onto most of my players/refused to sell and the others didn't. The bids were also unrealistically high for Norwegian players, where in reality 1.5M£ is considered the highest anyone will pay, but the bids were considerably higher (2-3M£).

I had a wee look through the threads, but I couldn't find anyone suffering other problems than number 2, but if the Moderators find this thread redundant or posted before, I won't bring down the wrath of Thor Hammerhand if they close the thread.

Last edited:
I did think the demo was easy but then again i was man city ;)`

I think they always make the demo considerably easier than the full game, perhaps to encourage people to buy it? Everyone loves football when they are winning!

I've now played through the demo with the best team in the world, Vålerenga, and so far I've found a few oddities.

1. I lost 3 players to offers the board accepted. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but to me it was a massive one in the demo, as it was quite literally impossible to find replacements, especially when they sell my captain, vice-captain, and then my replacement vice-captain. I bought Mobi Okoli, Christoffer Aasbak (hardly used) and Dionatan Teixeira (back up defender as I only had two, only used due to injury). I sold Lars Ivar Strand, then lost Hæstad (captain), Zajic (vice-captain) and Kone (second vice-captain) and never got/really needed replacements.

2. It's really, really easy. I was running away with the league using a basically untweaked 4-4-2 diamond and hardly any new players. Even with the replacement problems, it wasn't very hard.

3. Got quite a few requests for improved contracts. Even got one who I offered an improved contract, gave him what he wanted, and then he asked again. Not sure if it was a bug, or if he was just being a cheeky ****.

4. I kept getting LOADS of offers for my players. It was getting fairly ridiculous. A player would get a 7.0 rating and I'd start getting offers. It was getting ******* annoying after a while.

5. Transfers. All of Norway's half decent players got sold to foreign clubs almost instantaneously. This may have to do with how easy it was, as I managed to hold onto most of my players/refused to sell and the others didn't. The bids were also unrealistically high for Norwegian players, where in reality 1.5M£ is considered the highest anyone will pay, but the bids were considerably higher (2-3M£).

I had a wee look through the threads, but I couldn't find anyone suffering other problems than number 2, but if the Moderators find this thread redundant or posted before, I won't bring down the wrath of Thor Hammerhand if they close the thread.

I also think its to with the database. Dont know why, but whenever i play the full game (lots more leagues, more on full detail, and large database) its definitely stepped up

I also think its to with the database. Dont know why, but whenever i play the full game (lots more leagues, more on full detail, and large database) its definitely stepped up

Aye, I think/hope you're right. Transfers in FM have always been a bit... odd, however. Loads of folks got Cristina Ronaldo and the like on a free on 11.1 afaik. I don't think I even played it properly until 11.2.

Aye, I think/hope you're right. Transfers in FM have always been a bit... odd, however. Loads of folks got Cristina Ronaldo and the like on a free on 11.1 afaik. I don't think I even played it properly until 11.2.

yeah it was massively flawed in 11.0/1. but when you look around the sides, there a lots of grey players so that maybe why so many teams are buying your good players. PaulC (who does the ME) has said if anyone feels they have won a game in an unrealistic manner, to save a PKM of it and send it to him, just so he can check all is right

[email protected]

The demo makes the waiting even worse as i dont want to get into the demo :(

I found it all to easy as united i thought man city would walk it, but they are only 4th at january. liverpool and arsenal ahead of them....

The demo is usually 'easy' if i recall correctly. I guess if you are winning games and the transfer market (the most fun part of the game) is vibrant and exciting, with lots of players moving from club to club with little restriction, this would encourage a newbie to buy the game.

The reality kicks in for the die hards when the full game drops, and you me and everyone else are getting pumped 3-0 by teams that are far worse than us on paper.

Back