First Post on this Site: Creating a New National Team on Pre-Editor FM22, possible?

BarryLarry

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. After Years of clinging to Champman 01-02 for the last 20 Years, I've recently been playing FM for last 6 Months. Loving it!

I want to create a New National Team using the pre-game editor, that can take part in International competitions like the Euro's, World Cup, Nations League and Olympics Games.

I'm NOT looking to create a Domestic League within that Nation but simply, a National Team by it self that has a Senior Squad, U23's, U21's and U18's
Is this Possible on the pre-game Editor?

If not, then which is the Smallest Country with the lowest ranking that I can manage on the Database that can play in ALL those competitions above? (Especially the Olympic Games, As its a Trophy I've never won before on any Football Management game in my life!!)

I was thinking about San Marino, but noticed they didn't have an U23's Squad, which to my understanding is the ONLY team in a National Squad that would play in the Olympic Games, yes, no?

Plus I cannot seem to find a way of changing what Sub Squads a National Team has, like you can do with Club Teams on the Pre-Game Editor

I hate being Stuck with a National B Team and an U19's Team that don't seem to compete in any National Tournaments at their own level!

I'd Like to have a Senior Team, an U23's, U21's and U18's Teams that always have International competitions they can take part in.

Also I'm not all too clear on how a country is chosen to, or qualifies to play in the Olympic Games on FM22.

Can an U21 Team represent their Nation in the Olympic Games, if that Nation has no U23's (Like San Marino), or does it HAVE to be an U23 Squad specifically?

Can ANY NATIONAL team qualify to play in the Olympics, if they climb the world rankings, Win International competitions etc...?

Or are participants pre-chosen to play in the Olympics?

I'd Massively appreciate any advice. Thanks. Look forward to many visits on this site in the next few years

Last edited:
So, even if possible, issue with creating a new nation without the new league is that that nation would become quickly obscure since you wouldn't be able to produce quality players over the time with no clubs.
One example I can think of that bypass thins is Basque, so if you want something like that, I would suggest enabling Basque as a nation in pre game editor if its still possible ( I think it could be with advanced editor - simply add new nation rules, pick a nation and then click on rules on top left > convert to advanced rules).

But honestly, if you don't want to mess around with those settings ( and to be honest, they are quite overwhelming if you're experienced, let alone a beginner) I would suggest picking up some smaller nation and working your way up. Also, in rules for Olympic games I see nothing about needing to have u23.

So, even if possible, issue with creating a new nation without the new league is that that nation would become quickly obscure since you wouldn't be able to produce quality players over the time with no clubs.

But I could if I created enough players in the pre-game editor with that Nationality, and as I progress through the game, use the IN-GAME editor to change players Nationality, no?

But CREATING A NATION was just a hypothetical question. I'm actually concentrating on Managing San Marino anyway