Sinedd11

Reaction score
I tried 4-4-2,4-3-3,3-5-2,3-4-3 nothing seems to work.Now i suppose you don't know much about Steaua Bucharest so let me tell you couple of things since i want to create a team based on what current players i have + some good signings.
No problems on the Gk area and in defence you can play with 4 defenders and still have good cover for all of them if you buy 1-2 defenders.
My problems start from the midfield where i have 1 good DMC not one decent CM 3 very good AMR one of them plays natural AMR and MR but is not the best AMR in the squad.
On the other side 2 good AML and 3 very good almost equal AMC's.
At last as forwards i've got 4 of them almost even matched very good so by the looks of it i have to play a 4-1-3-2 formation.With DMC-AMR-AMC-AML-ST-ST but my biggest fear is that this formation will fail even harder than the other ones cuz of the lack of MC's and MR,ML's.What do u think ? Thanks in advance.

I personally have not tried the 4132 setup you're describing but I imagine your assistant would constantly tell you "the opposition is overwhelming our midfield". You might be able to score a fair number of goals against the league's weaker teams but it doesn't sound like the most solid formation against teams stronger than yours. Although almost any formation has the potential to work, I don't think it's a good plan in your case being that you picked such a risky setup simply due to lack of any other options.

I suggest choosing one of two possibilities... First, you can sell your worst strikers and buy some extra DMC's, and then set up a 4-2-3-1 formation. Second possibility, sell any wingers who cannot play in the AMC position (so you have at least 4 AMC's and no wingers), bring in DMC, and play 4-2-2-2. This is a strong formation and very underrated on FM2010 imo, at least I don't see it talked about as much as other formations.

Lastly (this may or may not apply to you), remember the basics about your tactic instructions. Don't overestimate your team: if your defensive players have terrible offensive stats, low creativity, and your team is overall weak in mental stats then you need to use rigid philosophy, not fluid. Similarly, don't use "more expressive" just because it sounds more exciting or nicer to watch; use it only if your whole team is highly creative. If you have defenders with very poor mental stats set them as limited defender.

Thanks very much altough none of my wingers can play AMC i'll go with the 4-2-3-1 formation.