Fixture Scheduling Problem - Please Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Graaa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5K
G

Graaa

I've created a new nation rules league for the USA w/ MLS. I've scheduled every fixture to fall on a Saturday, I've given the season enough time to do so, and I've specified to *not* avoid clashing with other competition fixtures. This means I expect all of my regular league games to be on a Saturday and no other day.

This works out perfectly every saturday EXCEPT on the Saturdays of October 9th 2010, February 9th 2011, and February 26th 2011. With no explanation at all, the game chooses to *not* schedule saturday games or even anything for those 3 days. Those 3 Saturdays are instead left blank and there are no competitions of cups scheduled on those days.

This pushes 3 of my fixtures into wednesdays for seemingly no reason at all.

Anyone got an idea why the game would do this? How can I fix this?

Best

There aren't any USA international fixtures scheduled for those Saturdays or for any nearby days. I've simmed an entire season and this scheduling problem repeats itself on the same days in 2012. It's the Saturdays of October 9th, February 9th and 26th. The game that should be scheduled for those saturdays is bumped to the next wednesday so that there an 11 day gap between any fixture of any kind.

Again, there is enough time to fit 1 game per week per Saturday, however the game chooses to push a game to Wednesday so that there are 11 days between fixtures and then 3 days until the next proper saturday. There are no international games on or near those dates (except 1 but it is on the Tuesday of Feb 22 anyway), nor are there any scheduling conflicts with a cup game or tournament. Also, I've checked the box in the editor to make sure that the league fixtures "check fixtures for clashes = none*".

I've removed all transfer windows just in case. Any more ideas?

Any way I can fix this? Why does it do that?

i don't know why it does it but to solve it i would either try leaving a 14 day gap between fixtures which i know isn't ideal but it might stop them all from being bumped to wednesday's or to run a cup comp on teh wednesday's before and after the date they were originally scheduled for to try and stop them being moved.

Hey that cup solution was a nice one, it worked for the October date. The reason it didn't work for the February ones is because those are games that get scheduled once my league splits in half in Decemeber. I'm not going to fidget with it any more.

*Edit* Wow, the first person was right too I just noticed - On those weeks there are international fixtures that didn't appear on my schedule but only appeared when I was simming to that week. (a lot of International fixtures for Africa for example).

One last quick question: How do you get the players to go on a holiday? I've figured out that setting dates for a "break" simply leaves a fixture gap but it doesn't change the player status' for a holiday. I feel this is important because it lowers the players jadedness levels (I think). Are they supposed to go on break when the "general" season dates end? Mine didn't.

Best

Last edited by a moderator:
i've not created league's with splits in them but i would assume they would go on holiday between the end of the last part of the season and the start of the beginning of the season. it might be possible to get them to go on holiday between the 2 parts of the season if there is an add winter break option which you use in that gap but i'm not sure on that.

Thanks all for your help! I've finally finished my USA 6-Tier League w/ U21 and U18 Italian style youth leagues.

Here's the details in case you want to know. The upper leagues and the premier league start off with a normal 20-team league schedule for 1 round and then split split into a 10-10 league in January with a championship and relegation playoff in mid-March, ending the regular season. From then on, the cup season starts. In April, the month is dedicated to the US Cup. Each week has 1 game only just like American-Football and there is an Atlantic Cup in Mid-March. Finally, the Supercup in May for the winner of the US Cup vs the winner of the premier league.

Then there is a semi-pro league divided into East and West conferences, a March Cup and semi-pro supercup.

Then my favorite, the amateur league, is also divided into East and West conferences. After the regular season, there is an all-amateur 32 team national championship tournament a-la the movie Dodgeball with one winner taking a hefty (for amateurs) 50,000 check.

Gonna get some sleep now.
Best

Nahhhh plzzzzzz anyone know how to arrange your own fixtures. In the sense that you can move matches for a specific day and etc. Pllzzz get back to me as i need to arrange my own asap

Back