FK Zvizdar 2012 - Longterm Yugoslavia save

Venator77

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and welcome to my new Yugoslavia save for FM20. I decided not to get FM21, so I will be doing another long term save along with my Dnipro save. So let's get into the details.

Club.jpg

The team I have chosen to play as is FK Zvizdar, a small village team in the 10th tier of Yugoslavia located near the town of Ub. As a young club, there is no history at all, especially now that I am using the Yugoslavia database among others. Thanks to @Heppy91 for providing the 2D kits that will be used for the whole series.

Manager.jpg

This is my manager Illijas Vlasnica , a native of the village of Zvizdar who spent time as a coach before making the step up to a club manager. As such, I have some coaching licenses, but that's it.

As we are starting at the very bottom, we first need to establish what the league rules are for this season. Let's take a look.

Season 1 Rules 1.jpg

Season 1 Rules 2.jpg

Interesting things to note are that we aren't allowed to sign anyone not from the EU, we play each team 4 times as each league group only has half the teams as the other regional league, and there is no relegation as this is the bottom. As our team is in one of the 9 team groups, we will have 32 league games rather than 36. Now let's take a look at our summer transfer movement.

summer19 in1.jpg

summer19 in2.jpg

summer19 in3.jpg

summer19 in4.jpg

summer19 out.jpg

Nearly all of the teams in this division as well as the divisions above have barebones squads, so lots of movement has been happening over the weeks. Since free transfers can be signed at any time, any transfers past this post will be covered during the winter, and any transfers past the winter will be covered at the end of the season.

Now let's take a look at our fixtures. 7 matches have been played from the middle of July, which is the start of the league season, to the closing of the summer 2019 transfer window.

League Matchday 1
League-M1.jpg

The opening day of the season came at home to the Kosovan side FC Galaksia, who we handily beat 8-1 with seven different goalscorers.

League Matchday 2
League-M2.jpg

We travel to Istra to face Istra Tar in our first away match. It was another destruction, as we put seven past the home team, including four goals in the final five minutes of the game.

League Matchday 3
League-M3.jpg

We welcomed Kastrioti Ferizaj in the first match in August. It was a pretty quiet game compared to the first two games, with us winning only 3-1.

League Matchday 4
League-M4.jpg

Lipjani gave us a wake up call when they scored two goals in the dying minutes of the game to bring the score 3-2. We dominated the entire game, but we are reminded that complacency can still bite us when we least expect it.

League Matchday 5
League-M5.jpg

Due the scant amount of information about the previous teams we played, they have no kits and played in blue, forcing us to use our third kits. We finally play in our home kit against the black kits of FK Spartmani, who we beat 3-0 comfortably.

Yugoslav Cup 2nd Round
Cup 2nd Rnd 5-6.jpg

We enter the 2nd round of the Cup with a game against the 9th tier side Cukovec '77, who we easily beat 5-0.

League Matchday 6
League-M6.jpg

Our final game of August was a big 1st vs 2nd clash away to ZSK Valjevo. We done all the hard work in the first half as we beat them 3-1.

League Table going into September

Season 1 Table Aug19.jpg

We're building a healthy gap over our nearest rivals in the opening months of Season 1. That's it for today, I will return soon with September fixtures.

Last edited:
Welcome back the Zvizdar save. September fixtures have been played so lets take a look.

League Matchday 7
League-M7.jpg

We broke our record victory again with a fantastic 10-0 home victory against Dinamo Ferizaj. Matic put in an especially good shift with a four goal hattrick.

League Matchday 8
League-M8.jpg

We wrapped up the first quarter of the season away to Kumanovo Eurosport, who were easily beaten 4-1.

Yugoslav Cup 3rd Round
Cup 3rd Rnd 8-9.jpg

We welcomed the 5th tier side Čepin in this cup fixture. We pulled off a nice giant-killing with a victory on penalties after drawing 0-0 after extra time.

League Matchday 9
League-M9.jpg

We begin the first round of reverse fixtures as we take another victory on the road, this time to Galaksia.

League Matchday 10
League-M10.jpg

We continued our fantastic run with a 4-0 home victory against Istra Tar.

League Matchday 11
League-M11.jpg

An very quiet game where we only managed a 1-0 victory away to Kastrioti, thanks to a last minute winner by Matic.

League Table going into October
Table Sep19.jpg

We maintain our 100% record and now look to be favorites for promotion at the end of the season.

That's it for September, I will return very soon with October fixtures.

Last edited:
Welcome back the Zvizdar save. October has passed, so let's look at the fixtures.

League Matchday 12
League-M12.jpg

Matic had a good game against Lipjani as we won 2-0 in this fairly quiet game.

League Matchday 13
League-M13.jpg

We won another away match, this time against Spartmani. We took our foot off the gas a little after scroing 3 goals in the first half, but generally great as expected.

Yugoslav Cup 4th Round
Cup 4th Round 13-14.jpg

We welcomed the 8th tier side Prvijenac Bijelo Polje in this cup fixture. It was an easy win, even though it took some time to get going.

League Matchday 14
League-M14.jpg

We rounded off the month with a big top of the table clash against ZSK Valjevo, where we ran out 4-1 winners with Djordjevic scoring a hattrick.

League Table going into November
Table Oct19.jpg

We maintain our 100% record and the gap is growing larger between ZSK and us.

That's it for October. I will return with November fixtures.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the Zvizdar save. It's the end of November, so let's take a look at the results.

League Matchday 15
League-M15.jpg

We picked up another big win against Dinamo Ferizaj with a 7-0 victory away from home.

League Matchday 16
League-M16.jpg

Our winning run continues with a 4-0 victory over Eurosport.

Cup 5th Round
Cup 5th Rnd 16-17.jpg

A big match in the Cup sees us face off against the 4th tier side Roltek Dob. It was an action-packed match with plenty of drama. We were forced into extra time after conceding a last minute penalty and into penalties after extra time ends 3-3. We won the penalty shootout to move on to the next round, giving us our 2nd giant killing of the year.

League Matchday 17
League-M17.jpg

We officially enter the 2nd half of the season with a big 6-1 victory against Galaksia in our third meeting of four.

League Matchday 18
League-M18.jpg

Our second trip to Istra Tar ended up like the first one: a big victory in our favor, this time 6-0.

League Table going into December
table Nov19.jpg

We're flying high as we hold an 11 point lead over ZSK Valjevo, who in turn holds a 14 point lead over 3rd placed Eurosport. We've gotta keep vigilant if we want to get promoted at the end of the season.

That's it for November fixtures. December fixtures will be covered in the next reply. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the Zvizdar save. It's the end of the year, so let's review the fixtures for December.

League Matchday 19
League-M19.jpg

Our unstoppable form continues here with a 5-0 victory against Kastrioti.

League Matchday 20
League-M20.jpg

We record another 5-0 victory, this time away to Lipjani.

League Matchday 21
League-M21.jpg

This was an uncharacteristically quiet game against Spartmani, with almost nothing happening all game. We did win by a single goal, but I don't blame my players, as this is the last league game before the winter break.

Cup 6th Round
Cup 6th Round.jpg

The last game of 2019 is a big cup game against the 4th tier side OFK Beograd. We put up a fantastic fight after going a goal down in the first half, winning the game 2-1 after extra time. It's another scalp to our collection and it looks like we might even repeat our fairy tale cup run in the previous iteration of the save.

League Table going into 2020
table dec19.jpg

We still have the 100% record and we don't look like dropping points any time soon.

That's it for December. I will return with January and Feburary fixtures along with the winter transfer window.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the Zvizdar save. The winter transfer window has shut and the fixtures in January and February have been played. First, the transfers.

winter20 in1.jpg

winter20 in2.jpg
winter20 out.jpg

There was less movement this time compared to the previous transfer window, but we brought in some much needed reinforcements as we started to lose quality depth in the right back area. One notable departure is Stefan Rudan, who has done very well for us at center back, to Valour FC in Canada. I was very annoyed at this as I did not want to lose him. Unfortunately, we'll probably never see him again as he is earning thousands of Euros per week at a professional club rather than lowly amateurs like us.

Now the fixtures.

Cup 7th Round 1st Leg
Cup 7th Rnd Leg 1.jpg

The first match of 2020 is the first of the two-legged Cup fixtures in the competition. We were drawn against the 3rd tier side Rudes. It was a fantastic performance from our lads, as we beat Rudes 2-0 away from home.

Cup 7th Round 2nd Leg
Cup 7th Rnd Leg 2.jpg

The reverse fixture for this cup tie sees us draw 2-2 at home. This result sees us through to the next round with a 4-2 victory on aggregate.

League Matchday 22
League-M22.jpg

Our first league match of the year was a 1st vs 2nd clash against ZSK Valjevo, our third meeting of the season. We absolutely destroyed them 7-1, still riding on the high of our recent cup success.

Cup 8th Round 1st Leg
Cup 8th Rnd Leg 1.jpg

We were drawn against the 2nd tier side Napredak Krusevac in the Round of 16 in the cup. Unfortunately, Napredak proved too good for us to handle and we lost 3-1 away from home. Not too upset at this, they are currently leading the Second League and look likely to get promoted into the top flight.

League Matchday 23
League-M23.jpg

I reckon the players were a bit frustrated at the result, and thus took out their frustration on Dinamo Ferizaj by beating them 7-0.

League Matchday 24
League-M24.jpg

In preparation for the big game at home against Napredak, we were relatively quiet in our game against Eurosport, beating them only 2-0.

Cup 8th Round 2nd Leg
Cup 8th Rnd Leg 2.jpg

It's the end of the road for FK Zvizdar as a very credible 2-2 draw against Napredak sees us knocked out of the competition. We had a great run for a team of our stature, I can't be upset at that. Sure we couldn't replicate the success of the previous version of the save, but oh well, perhaps we could do it next year.

League Table going into March
table feb20.jpg

We are still very comfortable at the top of the table. I reckon we should be done and dusted by the end of March.

That's it for the Zvizdar save. I will return with March fixtures and possibly the league title wrapped up.

Attachments

• Cup 8th Rnd Leg 2.jpg
    Cup 8th Rnd Leg 2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Welcome back to the Zvizdar save. March has passed so let's take a look at the fixtures.

League Matchday 25
League-M25.jpg

We enter the final leg of the league season where we face Galaksia for the last time this season. We won comfortably 5-0.

League Matchday 26
League-M26.jpg

We welcome Istra Tar once again and got a big 8-0 against them.

League Matchday 27
League-M27.jpg

We officially won our league group with a 5-0 victory over Kastrioti. With this, we are promoted from the 10th tier of Yugoslav football. Let go!!

League Matchday 28
League-M28.jpg

Even though we won the league, our performances have not let up as we cruise past Lipjani comfortably. It's looking even more likely that we will be ending the season with a 100% record.

League Matchday 29
League-M29.jpg

The final game of the month was against Spartmani, where we won by 5 goals to 1.

League Table going into April
table march20.jpg

There it is. We are out of here and look at that goal difference. So happy right now. ZSK Valjevo were unlucky to have us in the league, if they were anywhere else, they would've also been promoted.

That's it for March. Next post will cover our first youth intake of the save and the end of Season 1 with FK Zvizdar and Yugoslavia. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Welcome back to the FK Zvizdar save. The end of the season has arrived and the final results from around Yugoslavia are in. But first, lets take a look at our youth intake.

Youth Intake 2020.jpg

As I thought, it's pretty bad first time out and none of these players were accepted into our club. I'm not really all that mad, we have virtually no facilities and besides, the club will have to rely on outside players for the time being. Getting a really good youth intake this far down the football pyramid is pretty bad for player retention, especially for an amateur club who don't know the meaning of transfer fees and such.

League Matchdays 30-32
League-M30.jpg

League-M31.jpg

League-M32.jpg

With only three league games to play and the title already in the bag, I decided to just put the rest of the games together. Unsurprisingly, we won all three matches to complete the 100% win season for this tier. Let's look at the final table.

final table 2020.jpg

It was never in doubt. 100% and invincible. ZSK Valjevo were also pretty dominant being 30 points clear of 3rd place Eurosport. I expect Valjevo to get promoted next season.

With all matters relating to Zvizdar done, it's time to look at results from Yugoslavia.

Cup 2020.jpg

The Yugoslav Cup was won by Dinamo Zagreb, who beat Red Star Belgrade 4-3 on aggregate. Our team has also been named as the competition's overachievers by making it to the Round of 16.

Cup Newsreel.jpg

Absolutely giddy about this.

First League 2020.jpg

The First League was won by Dinamo Zagreb, who completes the double by also winning the Cup. Gorica, Sloboda Tuzla, and relegation playoff loser Zeljeznicar were relegated to the Second League. In this iteration of the First League, the bottom two are directly relegated while the two above them play in a two legged playoff to stay in the division.

Second League 2020.jpg

The Second League was won by Lokomotiva Zagreb, who were promoted with Napredak and playoff winner Inter Zapresic. Vardar, GOSK Gabela, Krupa, and Zemun were relegated to the Treca liga. In this version of the Second League, the top two are promoted with the next four playing a promotion playoff.

That's it for today. I will return very soon with results from around Europe.

Attachments

• League-M30.jpg
    League-M30.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 64