• Thread starter Thread starter Jackkflash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4K

Jackkflash

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post so go easy on me!

I've been toying with the idea of playing Flanagan as a DLP at Liverpool to replace Gerrard.

I can't play him at RWB as he doesn't have the pace but he is too good of a prospect to move on.

His base stats indicate that he could play this role if he progessed in the right way.

Has anyone tried this with him?

Either way do you guys have an opinion on this?

Welcome to the forum.

This is one of the more unusual positional changes I've seen. I don't see why it WOULDN'T work, but perhaps not as a DLP. I could imagine a Lahm-type all-rounder BWM role though.

A few years of development and the boy had a sensational marking attribute for me so he's definitely in his element defensively. I'm very keen to see how this one plays out.

Post a few screen shots of your progress if you can. This sounds like quite an interesting experiment.

Definitely a crazy idea but one that could pay off. His stats look great for a ball winning midfielder, why don't you give that a try? Either that or a central midfielder with defend duty? I might give this a shot myself.

A few years of development and the boy had a sensational marking attribute for me so he's definitely in his element defensively. I'm very keen to see how this one plays out.

Post a few screen shots of your progress if you can. This sounds like quite an interesting experiment.

How did his passing and vision go?

I will post updates as soon as they crop up.

The reason I am picking the DLP is I need to replace Gerrard who I play as a DLP and I like Fanagan and don't want to waste him.

The only other role I have for him is RWB but I like pace there.

I have tried him as a HB and he has been outstanding so far and he cant even play as a DM yet!

I think he could be pretty good in the DM position, but probably as a Defensive Midfielder, Half Back or even Anchor Man. Deep Lying Playmaker? Not sure if he has the creativity to pull that off, but he's definitely a defensive beast.

While managing Roma United came in with a £40m bid for him, I had signed him for a free on the previous year. I off course accepted it but he's a great RB.

You can use any player in any position, whether or not they can perform well there will depend on the attributes And what you need from them.

How do his other stats fit for a dip?

I can't get him to fit into the role, he just doesn't seem to want to adapt. Can anyone suggest ways that would help him slot in?

Yup I don't see Flanagan as a DLP. DM - Anchorman could work however.

The interesting experiment I want to see is Emre Can to LB or WBL. He has the stats that could turn him into one of the more creative left backs in the game, if the conversion were successful.

One conversion experiment that was fairly successful for me was Coutinho to CM - Advanced playmaker. He made excellent cover for that position.

I have always retrained him as a DM. He becomes very solid in that position.

Back