AshSTFC

Reaction score
Dont suppose If anyone knows wether you can access the editor for the beta? Iv looked on steam and my documents and It dosent seem to be there, Im taking they wont release this until the full game comes out?

fm 12 data

i put my fm12 editor data in my fm13 editor folder and it worked ok so try that

i put my fm12 editor data in my fm13 editor folder and it worked ok so try that
Really? :O

Edit: Unsurprisingly this does not work - you can get it to recognise the presence of editor data files to the point where you can choose which to use when starting a game but predictably when the games tries to load the database it can't because of the game start date being different in editor data file (2011) and start date in FM13 (2012) and an error occurs crashing the game.

Last edited:
Unlikely that fm13 even recognised it.

I've heard Genie scout wont be available for fm 13. anyone know why...

From FM12 with FM11 editor data: yes, editor data from previous version works with the new. The problem is not incimpatibility, it is that the new version may have added teams that the editor had to add the previous and so there's duplicates in leagues that then turn to get over the stated team limit, things like that.

So, you should be able to play FM13 with FM12 databases (that contain only changes to make from the game's), but you need the luck that changes between 13 and 12 don't cause such issues. If, when FM13 editor is released, you load the old version you can check what is making it not work. Some times just loading and saving does the trick (that's true even within patches to the same version).

That's how I hope to be able to release my Complete Spain database within the week of release *fingers crossed*. The database for FM12 I made, I made by loading the FM11 database on the FM12 editor and then going through promotions/relegations and removing duplicated teams in Tercera.

According to this link:
https://support.sega.co.uk/entries/...where-can-i-find-the-editor-resource-archiver
It seems like it should be available, but on my steam it just doesn't show up in the "Tools" list. All I get is the old FM12 editor and resource archiver. I don't know if the guy who posted the picture in that link is a developer or something, so he has early access, or if I'm doing something wrong. Is there any way to update the list of Tools, or are we just going to have to wait and hopefully they'll release the editor soon...

According to this link:
https://support.sega.co.uk/entries/...where-can-i-find-the-editor-resource-archiver
It seems like it should be available, but on my steam it just doesn't show up in the "Tools" list. All I get is the old FM12 editor and resource archiver. I don't know if the guy who posted the picture in that link is a developer or something, so he has early access, or if I'm doing something wrong. Is there any way to update the list of Tools, or are we just going to have to wait and hopefully they'll release the editor soon...

Won't be available until full release. It's just a guide on where to find it

I take it then that even though I received the game today and downloaded it, the 2013 editor wont appear in the list to download from steam until tomorrow?

I take it then that even though I received the game today and downloaded it, the 2013 editor wont appear in the list to download from steam until tomorrow?

That is correct.

Mine's fully installed but when it opens it just crashes and closes itself down.. just the editor is more buggy then the beta version it seems... ******* SI... :p