FM 13 Team Talks

• Thread starter Thread starter zair92
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5K

zair92

Reaction score
Really struggling this year to motivate my team, what shouts do you guys use in what situation? Am I just unlucky?

examples:

My team where one nil up at HT, I told them not to get complacent and most of them were angered. Next game we were one nil up at HT, decided to tell them well done, they all 'turned off'

one game we were losing two nil at HT, told them to 'show me something else in second half' and they 'switched off'

tearing my hair out here guys

so what do you guys do?

It depends who you were playing when you told them not to get complacent. I'd say using that as a team talk only works when you're leading smaller/weaker teams and don't want your team to switch off in the second half just because they think they've won. However if you were playing a team of similar reputation, or even better, you could have perhaps praised them, as those games could go either way. And after reading the rest of your post, again, it depends who your opponent was when you praised them. That might have been a team that they would have responded better to being told not to get complacent.

Also, how long have you been with the team? You'll find it may take a few months for them to respond well to your team talks, and it may depend on the team's results and morale, because it'll take them a while to get used to you.

I havent been there for too long, the 'one game we were losing two nil at HT, told them to 'show me something else in second half' and they 'switched off'' comment was made while losing against a team from a league below.

and the
My team where one nil up at HT, I told them not to get complacent and most of them were angered. Next game we were one nil up at HT, decided to tell them well done, they all 'turned off'' were made against similar / slightly smaller teams

Hm, don't know why they'd switch off at being told to play better against a team from a league below when they're losing. You'd think they'd want to avoid embarrassment.

I have never told my team not to get too complacent, I'd rather praise them and tell them to keep going. Never harmed my team.

Back