Benchsitter20

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Football Manager series and FM-Base seems like a good place to ask the veterans for advice. I've read a few reviews of FM 15 but have yet to find any that really compare FM 15 with FM 14.

I've never played any iteration of FM but would like to start. I've played FIFA on Xbox and discovered that the management side of the game (mostly buying and selling players) appeals to me more than the actual gameplay itself. The FIFA version of management is nice but doesn't go as in-depth as I'd like.

So my question to the players who've played both games: Which version do you all recommend for a brand new player?. Depending upon which version of FM I end up buying, I don't plan to use the 3D matchview since I'll be playing on a laptop. Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me!

Honestly FM15 is so buggy right now that it's not worth the price, especially since you're new I'd say grab FM14 for cheap and maybe just get a transfer update for it to see if you'll actually enjoy the series.

Actually, the game is very playable. Any new game that comes out is going to be buggy so it's nothing new. And any bugs/quirks there are, are hardly gamebreaking.

Personally, I'd purchase this-or if you're unsure try the demo. Get used to the interface and the changes-get a feel for it and tinker around with it. Then if you do like it purchase it and you'll be prepared. I'm enjoying it a lot personally (even though I got gubbed 7-1). Yes there a some bugs but they will be patched up anyway-like any other game.

There is no such thing as a perfect game upon release.

I would say get 15, seeing how the interface has changed (and should be more user friendly), its best to learn that instead of 'learning the old thing'. Best option would indeed be to download the demo of FM 15 because it is representitive of the full game (you can even continue your save)

As a brand new player I would advise to go download the demo.

I'm gonna go the other way and say get 14. Nothing to do with price: if you enjoy the game you will no doubt more than get your money's worth from either game.

My reason is that I have played FM properly since 07, and I have found every game to be very easy apart from this new one!

Whether that's because it's become more difficult, or just simply down to the fact that it's buggy, I'm not sure.

But as a newcomer I'd maybe go for anything other than FM15 for now. Try 14 first and then get 15 when you've got the hang of it.

In fact, just scrap all that and get FM15. If you're gonna play it you may as well get the new version. The features are definitely better, and it's more in-depth than ever, but maybe a bit more difficult / or some issues for the developers to sort.

^ sorry for the contradiction. I was typing, then turned round to watch Madrid, then changed my mind.

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone! I think I'll go the demo route to get a taste of it before buying the full game. The main thing I was wondering about was whether or not the new game was nothing but a roster update with not much difference from FM 14. But I'll give the new one a shot and see how it works for me. Thanks again for the info!

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone! I think I'll go the demo route to get a taste of it before buying the full game. The main thing I was wondering about was whether or not the new game was nothing but a roster update with not much difference from FM 14. But I'll give the new one a shot and see how it works for me. Thanks again for the info!
No mate, they have added mo-cap animations,transfer updates,better interaction with players and staff. Heres a link that explains some of the changes. Football Manager 2015: All the new features as highly-addictive gaming series returns - Mirror Online

Honestly... the new additions from FM14 aren't worth £30... In fact it's a small update to me; they updated the UI... I admit the match animations look just so much better now... (before it was like skating... much better now)