FM 2010 Man U 2nd season

• Thread starter Thread starter zzeezzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4K

zzeezzy

Reaction score
Hi guys i am in my first FM 2010 game and i am Man U. But i was just wondering is this right i have just been given £28.5m to spend at the start of my second season with Manchester United. I just find it a little strange and a little low considering first season it was like 3x the amount. Which is a shame cos i was looking forward to some big spending but i guess now i will only get 1 or 2 decent players. Also can anyone please recommend me any signings i could get with a budget of £28.5m. I am looking for decent players.. preferably a MC and a DR and a Striker are the positions i need the most.

Thanks for any help it is much appreciated.

Regards, zzeezzy.

P.S sorry if something like this has been posted before. :S

did u win any trophies in season one? if not you wont have much prize money to boost finances

did u sell a huge name for 80 million like jsut before season one starts? if not you wont have much income to boost fiannces

have a look at man utds finances, they are in a disgusting amount of debt, paying out millions per month in interest alone.

on a man utd file im palying now, i won at least one major trophy every season for 5 years straight. never got a budget over 22million. 6 years in arab billionairres took over, and gave me 200mill budget. i bought ronaldo back for 104million, ridiculous i know but i dont usually play as big teasm, so i thought, while ive got money i may as well splash it

did u win any trophies in season one? if not you wont have much prize money to boost finances

did u sell a huge name for 80 million like jsut before season one starts? if not you wont have much income to boost fiannces

have a look at man utds finances, they are in a disgusting amount of debt, paying out millions per month in interest alone.

on a man utd file im palying now, i won at least one major trophy every season for 5 years straight. never got a budget over 22million. 6 years in arab billionairres took over, and gave me 200mill budget. i bought ronaldo back for 104million, ridiculous i know but i dont usually play as big teasm, so i thought, while ive got money i may as well splash it

ahh yeh they are in a lot of debt so i guess your right. by the way i have not sold any one big but i have sold anderson for 15 mill and that is probably the biggest player iv sold. in season one i won the premiership. to be honest i was proud of that considering the squad is no where near good enough - well not good enough for what the board expects such as getting to the final in champions league i got absolutely thrashed by barcelona in first knockout round of champions league in season one.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Also guys i forgot to add this but Mike Phelan my assistant has gone as a coach to chelsea which i could not believe. Does anyone know any good assistant managers who i can get? Preferably one better or just as good.

look at the youth coaches of yourselves, chelsea and arsenal, there should be someone in there you like the look of. because they are youth coaches they will always accept a job to work with first teamers

Last edited:
mate valter di salvo as assistant quality. in the first season i spent 202mil and in the second season still got a tranfer budget of 40 "/ spent 55 in that then got 45 mil in season 3 which i spent 80mil in but it might be just be cause i won all cups cept carling cup if you want some transfers i only bought dzeko, villa, de rossi, and fabregas selling anderson (exchange for ces), berbatov valencia tosic, nani etc in first season second i only bought mattock and torres selling carrick and getting rid of giggs scholes and neville, then adler chiellini and some other cb i cant remember but :/

got some screenies of all that mate? not to accuse you of anything but it sounds slightly outrageous!

aside from that i do agree about di salvo, but he can sometimes be difficult to prize from whatever he club he is at at the time, i notice he moves alot but i can hardly ever nab him

well i bought modric anyway in january transfer window 1st season. But im not really keen on him, he just dont seem to be fitting in at all but i tried to get rid of him and exchange him for david silva and considering modric is valued as more i thought they would accept but they would not even if i offered up to 15m cash aswell. :(

yeh course mate it does dont it :P btw thanks you've given me an excuse to get back into it :)

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

excuse me everytime i click on attach it comes up with the forum home page "/

Also guys i forgot to add this but Mike Phelan my assistant has gone as a coach to chelsea which i could not believe. Does anyone know any good assistant managers who i can get? Preferably one better or just as good.

I heard Brian McClair is a good *** Manager few seasons in :P

aside from that i do agree about di salvo, but he can sometimes be difficult to prize from whatever he club he is at at the time, i notice he moves alot but i can hardly ever nab him

I always appoint him at the start of the season as he always says he wants to come to my club :D

okay here you go :) sorry i forgot i was in the fourth season and kinad mixed up some transfers "/

btw feel free to give some recommendations on how to improve :)

EDIT: btw ive just had an offer for vidic £30 million at the age of 31 im thinking of accepting :/ what do you think?

Last edited:
where did u get an extra 70 odd million from in the first season? the max budget i can get for united after choosing win title and then budget adjusting in the board room is 100million. youve sold players that amount to 28 million, making 128 million as a budget, but youve spent 202 million

not wanting to accuse you of anything dodgy too much as youre not new to fm base and will have probably seen all the abuse guys with outrageous claims and no evidence to back it up tend to get, but i cnat fathom the missing millions.

and yes sell vidic, i find as he enters his thirties he gets too slow. evans will be more than capable to replace him. and 30 million could easily get you a rising star at centre back

Last edited:
hmmm. monthly instllments beyond my means have always resulted in small budgets in subsequent years until the debt is paid

anyone can give any assistant manager recommendations di salvo wont come and i really need someone to replace Mike Phelan who went to chelsea as a coach. Preferably someone just as good or better.

Back