FM 2011 - Burnley back in the Prem

JammyDee

Reaction score
I am still playing on FM 2011 and will start this story with Burnely after they have just been relegated to the Championship
Laws walk out

brian-laws-001.jpg

Burnley manager Brian Laws today, shocked and pleased fans as he announced he would resign as manager of Burnley. The Scottish Manager saw his team get Relegatd last year and obviously didn't belive he was good enough to guide them back to the Premier League. In a statement Laws said "I am sad to tell everyone that I will be leaving as manager of Burnely FC, after last seasons relegation I decided that I could no longer stay in charge. I wish the club all the best for the Future."

The favouries for the Burnley Job:

Paul Hart
Eddie Howe
John Hartson
Paul Scholes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scholes & Co, Say No

paul_scholes.jpg

Paul Scholes, Eddie Howe and Paul Hart all today turned down the oppertunity to manage Burnley. Howe said that he was still enyoying his time at Bournemouth and would not be intrested in the Job. Scholes, who is currently still playing at Man Utd, said that he would love to manage in the Future, now was not the time. Finnaly Paul Hart said that Burnley didn't have enough potential for the Future. However other candidate John Hartson said that he would love to manage Burnley and that he was hounered to even be conisdered for the Job

The favourite for the Burnley Job now are:

John Hartson
George Burley
Terry Skiverton
Paul Jewell

article-0-077F4C52000005DC-298_306x423.jpg

Dunning appointed Manager

Dunning appointed Manager

burnley_team_crest_logo_match_attax_2009_2010_.jpg

Burnley today shocked and angered fans as they appointed un-known and in-experienced manager Craig Dunning as boss. The 25 year-old manager becomes the youngest ever football league manager. This is how the press conference went:

Reporter: So, welcome to Burnley, what does it feel like being a football manager?
Dunning: It feels very good !!! I never thought this day would come and finnaly it has. I am still young and I'm at a club with a lot of history that must never be forgotten.

Reporter: Tell us more about you as a manager, what sort of players do you like to sign?
Dunning: I'll sign the players that will get us promoted.

Reporter: What do you expect for the up-coming season?
Dunning: I'm looking to finish in the play-offs and hopefully to get to the Premier League within the next few years.

Reporter: Who do you think will be your main contenders to get to the play-offs?
Dunning: I feel that this League is very tough, if I had to name the teams that I think will finsih around us, I'd proberbly say Bristol City, Nottingham Forrest, Middlesbrough & Leeds. Thats enough questions, thank you.

Ochs & Kapo in at Burnley

Ochs & Kapo in at Burnley

Olivier-Kapo-Wigan-cropped

New Burnley manager Craig Dunning pleased fans by announcing that he had signed former Wigan star Olivier Kapo and 28 year-old Germen keeper Timo Ochs. Both players were signed on free transfers. Kapo, who has 9 caps and 3 goals for Frace, said that he was looking forward to the challenge and hoped that he could make a big difference and get Burnley promoted to the Premier League. Fans seem happy that the club have signed 2 experienced, quality players.

Burnley sign Hammill

Burnley sign Hammill

Adam-Hammill-has-been-on--006.jpg

Burnley continued to improve there squad by signing 22 year-old English winger Adam Hammill. Hammill arrived for £550k from Barnsley. The former Liverpool trainie can play on either side of the wing and should be a very important player for the Clarets. In a statement realesed on the clubs Webiste it said "As of Today, Tuesday 13th July 2010, Adam Hammill will be a Burnley player after signing from Barnsley for £550k, the manager believes that Hammill will be a key player in our quest for Promotion."

2 in 1 out

2 in 4 out (On Loan)
1273057776-Alex_Smithies.jpg

Burnley today announced the signing of 2 players and that 1 player will be leaving the squad on Loan for the Season. 21 year-old defender Richard Eckersley will join Championship Rivals Derby County on Loan for the Season with Derby paying 100% of the players wages. The 2 players to arrive at Turf Moor are 19 year-old wonderkid Striker Gary Madine from Carlislie United for £90k and 20 year-old Keeper Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for £150k. Fans must surely be happy that the Club are improving with a lot of youngsters. Also to leave Burnley were Lee Grant to Norwich for £325k, Wade Elliot to Southampton for £500k and Craig Mawson to Tam worth on a free Transfer.

Last edited:
Pre-Season 2010-11

Burnley Pre-Season 2010-11

We had a very quiet pre-season with 2 games that the assisant manager took charge of the games.

Chelsea 2-0 Burnley
Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard

Burnley 2-2 Bristol Rovers
Jay Rodriguez, Martin Paterson - Dominic Blizzard, Stuart Campbell

Player of Pre-Seaon
Martin Paterson

Martin-Paterson-001.jpg

Just put it in the 2011 Stories. Ask one of the story moderators and they should move it for you.
Keep going though mate, gotta keep people encorouged to do more stories.