FM 2015 - Newbie

• Thread starter Thread starter FM Newbie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 983

FM Newbie

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I haven't played a FM game for years. Actually I think it was called Champ Man then! haha

Anyway would like some tips please for the best players in each position.

Want to play the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Don't care how much the players cost or if I can get them or not.

Who are the best options for each position please?

Thanks in advance.

Well, it depends on the role the player will have in said positions. In other words, a 4-2-3-1 formation can be played in a ridiculous amounts of ways.

Well, it depends on the role the player will have in said positions. In other words, a 4-2-3-1 formation can be played in a ridiculous amounts of ways.

OK lets say the way Mourinho plays it at Chelsea.

Also in a custom league.

How much influence would a manager make?

For example if I had the same set of players under Mourinho and the same set of players under Tony Pulis, would the Mourinho team seriously out perform the Pulis one?

Also in a custom league.

How much influence would a manager make?

For example if I had the same set of players under Mourinho and the same set of players under Tony Pulis, would the Mourinho team seriously out perform the Pulis one?

Yes, in my experience the manager stats make a big difference. Would be interested to see a test of that with the exact same teams.

Asking for the absolute best players is difficult.

Based on the basic Mourinho team the absolute best in FM you could create would be something like this (players at start of game, not after developing), nothing surprising:

GK: Courtinho, De Gea, Neuer etc.
LB: Alaba, Baines
CB: Thiago Silva, Ramos
RB: Azpilcuenta, Rafael
CDM: Javi Martinez, Matic
CM (all round): Pogba, Pogba, Pogba
Attacking CM/AMC: Mata, Silva, Ozil, James Rodriguez, Iniesta
AML - inside forward: Hazard, Ribery, Ronaldo, Neymar
AMR - inside forward: Robben, Messi (also at ST or AMC)
ST: Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Ibra, Falcao, Aguero, RVP, Cavani, Lewandowski

If you want to see that you should download FM Genie Scout, tool that allows you to see the ability of players and even ranks how good they are for positions based on stats.

I also think that the teams themselves iare set with a parameter that tells the game how good it should perform, how attractive the club will be, and so on.
A manager will only help a team so far, and I honestly think that some teams will play **** no matter what manager you put in.
If you put Pulis in Chelsea, he will still win.
If you put Mourinho in QPR, he will loose.
(Just examples btw)

But then again, in some saves team that usually are absolute ***** perform waaaay over expectancy, and teams that should´ve performed top 4 end up on bottom half.

I also think that the teams themselves iare set with a parameter that tells the game how good it should perform, how attractive the club will be, and so on.
A manager will only help a team so far, and I honestly think that some teams will play **** no matter what manager you put in.
If you put Pulis in Chelsea, he will still win.
If you put Mourinho in QPR, he will loose.
(Just examples btw)

But then again, in some saves team that usually are absolute ***** perform waaaay over expectancy, and teams that should´ve performed top 4 end up on bottom half.

But I'm talking about managers in a private league, so made up teams.

How much difference would they make if you go on holiday mode and you had Mourinho in charge of a team or Pulis in charge, for example?!

Back