• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 939
Status
Not open for further replies.

Socks

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Firstly I'm relatively new and have only used this site for a couple of weeks and I rarely post as I prefer and enjoy reading and learning from this wonderful fountain of FM knowledge. I think this site is fantastic and it has helped me and my friends greatly in understanding not only the game but the game in real life. I have also enjoyed reading about other peoples views and am really interested in what others think. Whilst I have been enjoying the brilliance of this site there has been only one thing which has disturbed me sometimes I don't agree with. I have fathomed this from my time reading through posts and others threads, however there are some Mods on this site who feel it is ok to talk down, belittle and be rude to other members on this site, members too have been rude but are duely punished by being infracted or suspended from this site. It seems that 'some' the Mods do not get punished and seem to have become a law upon themself, running this site like a pack of wild Banshee's! I have also come accross Mods closing threads with no explanation or they leave just a rude comment or one sentence full of attitude. I understand it is frustrating but not all members will be perfect and it is your job to monitor and police this site and make it a welcoming place to be, sometimes it is not! I understand not ALL Mods act this way and that there is only a selection of them but I am just one member and this is 'MY' opinion. I feel the majority do a **** GOOD job and are respectful, kind, helping, funny and I'm left feeling welcome.

Here is one example of what I feel a Mod shouldn't be saying or doing...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Raikan007

He just seems like a ******, not doubting his tactics at all, never seen them nor heard of him to be honest, ever, but we have had several good tacticians in the past that are just right real ****** and all they do is fight with others on how much better their tactic is than anyone elses.. and to be honest, we dont need people like that here!

This Mod has called someone a rude word more than once and recalled others as the same. This is rude and not just 'Banter', I don't remember an infraction or suspension from the site and it irritates me how other members are penalised by these people who don't adhere to the rules themselves. I hope Sean sees this and thinks about who he leaves his great site in the hands of.

Again to reiterate I love this site, the people and the majority of the Mods but there are a few who spoil it.

I'm guessing this will be deleted by a Mod so please if it does copy it and repost it if you feel the same.

Thankyou for your time

SOCKS!

Hmmm... I agree, This site is amazing but sometimes the mods are a bit too heavy handed and contradictory. Good to see the reaction here.

Tbf the mods here have had to deal with quite a few douchebags-there's always some who act childish and troll threads, claim that their tactic is better than someone elses and ruins a thread. I myself have come across someone's story and it was spammed with utterly childish trolling with some really foul language. Basically there's others out there who seem to get sexual pleasure by acting like a 10 year old. Actually I rephrase-some 10 year olds have more common sense.

They just deal with it as they seem fit and if there's no strictness-it'll be a carnival of absolute chaos and the site would implode and probably just die. I've seen a lot since I've been here and feel they deal with it fairly. Some my see it otherwise but there you go. If people ignore warnings they get what they deserve

If you insist on making a post like this, don't do it in the FM General Discussion board. There is a Site Comments and Suggestions thread that is perfect for criticism.

PS: I appreciate the fact you aren't being a douchebag in your post, just saying what you think is wrong with the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back