FM-Base Editing WC Results

• Thread starter Thread starter Alcaraz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K

Alcaraz

Reaction score
Ok guys the time of reckoning has arrived to crown the winner of the official FM-Base Editing World Cup for Football Manager 2010....

Each participant will be marked on 3 Categories namely-

Quality of Database

Creativity

Success of Database

Without wasting more time lets get to the results...

Creativity

As Eds-99 Editor had broken down,I decided to give the marks for Creativity myself...

The Shots---5/10

Unfortunately The Shots had not read the rules properly so this cost him in the Creativity Section but I certainly belive that if he had he would have scored higher.

Trivaldo99----7/10

Trivaldo put in a unique league structure with some basic cups,quite ordinary I think but there was not much scope to work in in such a scenario and he did well.

Will1981---8/10

Will1981 had a decent enough league structure with cups but the his beach idea put his marks up by a notch over Trivaldo,Tiraths has also acknowledegd this wonderful idea.

So Round one goes to Will but its not over yet....

Quality of Database

This category was judged by our Editing Moderator Tiraths and he has given these scores.....

The Shots- 7/10

Again,The Shots misreading of the rules has out him in a slightly worse position than the rest but Tiraths has been generous with his marks due to the amount of effort put into making a complex league structure and cups.

Will1981-8/10

Created a basic league & cup. Not a large amount of work done although love the beach idea.

Trivaldo99 - 8/10

Good to see slightly unique league/cup structures with a few super cups added in.

It seems that Trivaldo still has not made up too much ground on the leader Will and The Shots looks out of the running altogether but can any one of them spring a suprise in the final category based mostly on luck and steal the cup....

Success of Database

Again this Category was judged by me where I holidayed all three Databases until 2018 to see how successful each one was in raising the profile of Tuvalian Football and their players...

The Shots---8/10

From The Shots Database over 70 players from his Top League were playing football overseas with atleast 50 of them in Europe and all of them were from Tuvalu.His most high-profile player being the Tuvalu National Team Captian and playmaker Ati Razak who plays for Real Madrid.

Will1981---9/10

Will1981 edged The Shots as he had more players playing overseas belived to be around 90 with 60 of them in Europe.However,suprisingly his most high-profile player was an 18 year old striker who just signed a lucrative contract for 4 years with Valencia.

Trivaldo99---9/10

Trivaldo had the same number of players playing overseas as Will1981,maybe slightly more as his was around 100 but sadly not enoguh for me to award full marks...his most High-Profile player was Tunku Guan who signed a 3-year contract with AC Milan.

So the winner of the official FM-Base Editing World Cup is Will1981 followed by Trivaldo and The Shots.

It was quite a battle but ultimately the trophy went on mostly luck although it was 3 fantastic Databases I saw and I hope we can get more participants for the FM11 Editing World Cup where Will1981 will be back hopefully to defend his crown.

Alcaraz out!

Thanks for the effort you put in, and I agree it was down to mainly luck that I won.

Thanks for the effort you put in, and I agree it was down to mainly luck that I won.

We put in that category to make it more interesting...but we will have to maybe scrape it and think of something new for FM11.....hope u will be back to defend ur crown as now u will be up against the likes of hopefully KingEric

@ Will1981
Congratulations mate, great stuff!!! :D

the beach was the decider...
i went the oppisite way with many teams based in a stadia coplex created by 'fifa goal project' i had something similar to wimbledon (tennis) but much smaller in mind - but the beach is far more realistic :)

tough challenge 8-|

@ Will1981
Congratulations mate, great stuff!!! :D

the beach was the decider...
i went the oppisite way with many teams based in a stadia coplex created by 'fifa goal project' i had something similar to wimbledon (tennis) but much smaller in mind - but the beach is far more realistic :)

tough challenge 8-|

Glad u like the challenges...be sure to come back for the FM11 one|)

what did you have to do to get full marks on success?

we all got 50+ players in europe :P

what did you have to do to get full marks on success?

we all got 50+ players in europe :P

50 was the mimum required.....full marks well I would have given full marks to Will if u had not gotten close to his number of players and vice vera,basically if somebody really ovrshot everybody then he would be given full marks:P

It seems that Trivaldo still has not made up too much ground on the leader Will and The Shots looks out of the running altogether but can any one of them spring a suprise in the final category based mostly on luck and steal the cup....
could this be because you both gave will credit for the beach idea in creativity section and quality of db section, surely its one or the other :P8-|

and i had the most players abroad.... :P

i am happy with my succes :D:D
when this started i never thought i'd get past round 1, i will defo be back next time :D

congrats again will1981 (H)

Triv

could this be because you both gave will credit for the beach idea in creativity section and quality of db section, surely its one or the other :P8-|

and i had the most players abroad.... :P

i am happy with my succes :D:D
when this started i never thought i'd get past round 1, i will defo be back next time :D

congrats again will1981 (H)​

Triv​

Actually Quality of Database was judged by Tiraths and he amde the comments remember?

You had the most players abroad by about 6-7<)

Ahem..

Will1981 had a decent enough league structure with cups but the his beach idea put his marks up by a notch over Trivaldo

are your words for the creativity section :P

Ahem..

Will1981 had a decent enough league structure with cups but the his beach idea put his marks up by a notch over Trivaldo

are your words for the creativity section :P

Not really getting your point...I judged that section and liked his idea and Tiraths judged the other section and liked his idea too so he put it in his remarks as I did in mine...would it make u feel better if I removed it? :O

and tiraths:

Will1981-8/10

Created a basic league & cup. Not a large amount of work done although love the beach idea.

Trivaldo99 - 8/10

Good to see slightly unique league/cup structures with a few super cups added in.

if he only had a basic league and cup with not a large amout of work done whereas i had slightly unique league/cups then the only reason these were identically marked is because of the beach?

don't get me wrong, i am not contesting the result at all, i am extremely happy with second (H)

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Not really getting your point...I judged that section and liked his idea and Tiraths judged the other section and liked his idea too so he put it in his remarks as I did in mine...would it make u feel better if I removed it? :O

i don't want anything removed :)

i am very happy with second :D :D

and tiraths:

Will1981-8/10

Trivaldo99 - 8/10

if he only had a basic league and cup with not a large amout of work done whereas i had slightly unique league/cups then the only reason these were identically marked is because of the beach?

don't get me wrong, i am not contesting the result at all, i am extremely happy with second (H)

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

i don't want anything removed :)

i am very happy with second :D :D

I understand what you mean but that was marked by Tiraths so please direct all enquiries to him

Yaaay, I came third!!!

Oh wait. Never mind.

If I knew I would have made the league so much more complex because it was only 20 teams.
I would have made it like 50 and all in sub divisions.
But nevermind, I came 3rd out of 10 people so yeah.

lol and Shots really like ur beats,good work on them too

Trivaldo to win next year (if I don't enter it(6)

PS Trivaldo I'm open to bribery to not enter so start saving up:D

Trivaldo to win next year (if I don't enter it(6)

PS Trivaldo I'm open to bribery to not enter so start saving up:D

i'll be happy to take you on (H)
the more people who compete the greater the achievment to the victor - i know i'm not the most experienced editor but i'm happy to enter and try my best 8-|

PS i love the look of the World League DB, looks like a huge effort well done :)

Back