FM-Base Sig Making World Cup- Group Results

Alcaraz

Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait guys, the much awaited results are finally here...

*JK* helped me mark the Skill Category while I marked the Public Appeal Category

Group Results

Please remember that I am judging as an average FM-Base member who does not know anything at all about the different tools for Photoshop and will purely judge it on how it looks to the untrained eye.

Sprag365

cassano.png

6/10--- Public Appeal
6/10--- Skill

Honestly, despite this Signature being decent-looking there are far better Cassano Signatures around. The words are also indistinguishable although the reflected effect might appeal to some users.

Dunc

cassanosig.jpg

7/10--- Public Appeal
7/10--- Skill

A very nice Signature although the text can sometimes be illegible. A far more appealing background might have done the trick to make this ordinary signature look far better.

Nathan

Cassano.png

7/10--- Public Appeal
7/10--- Skill

A decent Signature, again a very dull background works against it although the effects created by the maker especially the blue light that seems to radiate from Cassano's Body will definetly appeal to many people.

Neall

SPNdx.png

7/10--- Public Appeal
8/10--- Skill

Definetly the best Signature of the lot. Neall was actually the only one who bothered to work on the background. Plus the mirror effect he created on the name Cassano looks sexy. Although the choice of photo could have been better, still a great Signature.

Toxicflame

beckfordfmbase.jpg

9/10--- Public Appeal
8/10--- Skill

A really good Signature. The effects Toxicflame created on Jermaine Beckford with the silve light that seems to pull away from his clothes really sets the tone. He also did up the background nicely with white sparks and the the way he implemented the text in white diamond looks great. A Top Signature

TheMjit

Beckford.jpg

5/10--- Public Appeal
7/10--- Skill

Looks like the sort of work you would expect from a Signature Maker who just started learning the trade. Very unappealing, Jermaine Beckford who is supposed to be the focus of the Signature seems so small and indistinguishable at times and the text is also very small. Also hardly any work done to create effects etc.

Toddzy

8/10--- Public Appeal
7/10--- Skill

Another good Signature with nice background effects of a cracked rock wall. Although the text could have been put in a slightly more appealing font and the Signature also appears slightly faded which even if it was done on purpose does not look spectacular but it could work.

AussieOchoa

Sneijder.png

9/10--- Public Appeal
8/10--- Skill

A really fantastic Signature, the way he fades the background to bring the focus to Wesley Sneijder looks superb. Also the text was put in a nice, suitable font and he also paid lots of attention to the background by putting in an Inter Milan Badge and the San Siro Pitch

Ed Syers

sigcomp.png

10/10--- Public Appeal
9/10--- Skill

A spectacular Signature from which by glancing at it you can already decipher the amount of detail and work put into it. Ed Syers manages to find the right combination by combining club with Country and adding the respective pitches. The text is also put in a very appealing font and the the best part is how the 2 badges are arranged.

Final Standings

1. Ed Syers--- 19 Points
2. AussieOchoa--- 17 Points
3. Toxicflame--- 17 Points
4. Neall--- 15 Points
5.Toddzy--- 15 Points
6. Dunc--- 14 Points
7. Nathan--- 14 Points
8. Sprag365--- 12 Points
9. TheMjit--- 12 Points

Ok so due to a few people not submitting their sigs the format has been revised. Sprag365 and TheMjit are eliminated from the competition while the rest of the participants will compete in a group of 7.

From the pool of the remaining 7 participants, the Top 4 will proceed to another group from which the top 2 will proceed and battle it out to see who is the Signature-Making Champion of the World(H).

As soon as the next Group Thread is posted up, you all will be informed.

Thought Toxicflames was the best.

Mine was shocking.

Personally, think it should be a public vote, although I don't know your background in sig making Alcaraz, consindering some of the stuff you look for in a sig, is different to what I look for.

are the points going to be carried over? also the mirrored effect i use in all my sigs, will i loose marks if i use again?

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

also im glad i didnt send the one i originally made it was some gay one :L dunc seen it

Thought Toxicflames was the best.

Mine was shocking.

Personally, think it should be a public vote, although I don't know your background in sig making Alcaraz, consindering some of the stuff you look for in a sig, is different to what I look for.

well I marked it as an average FM-Base member, I just looked at bascially how well cool it was as I marking the Public Appeal Category, your questions would be better directed at *JK*, dont worry too much about the comments, we cannout put down everything we noted in ur sigs into writing :)

I just looked at bascially how well cool it was

Riiight.

Surely sigs with say.. Wes Sneijder.. are going to be 'cooler' than those with... Cassano and Beckford... Thus have more 'public appeal', as you put it.

Surely measuring the 'public appeal', would be to let the 'public' vote for the one that 'appeals' to them?

Just seems a retarded system of doing it, the way it's being done now. :)

Although feel free to dismiss this and carry on in the fashion you are doing, I will still submit a sig, although I feel my 'public appeal' will have decreased after this post. :)

Slightly disappointed with the marks, but meh fair enough. Agree with Dunc the system could be looked at, if it's public appeal then surely a public vote is in order?

Still wondering where mind is...

Also, there should be a thread made with a poll for voting.

Public vote would be best. Can't tell if you're being biased in your own vote or not, what exactly is 'public appeal'? Your favourite? It only suggests what you think about the sig cos there's no indication of a voting system mate. Try using a synonym for 'appealing' aswell, you used it several times. Using different adjectives would make it a much more interesting read, although there are some elaborate descriptions :) Constructive criticism, don't think I'm being a **** or anything!

But yeah public vote pl0x. :)

Yeah this is a very biased way of doing it. I personally thought sprags was one of the better ones. But you thought it was the worst. opinions differ and thats why a public vote is necessary.

Yeah this is a very biased way of doing it. I personally thought sprags was one of the better ones. But you thought it was the worst. opinions differ and thats why a public vote is necessary.

Public vote would be best. Can't tell if you're being biased in your own vote or not, what exactly is 'public appeal'? Your favourite? It only suggests what you think about the sig cos there's no indication of a voting system mate. Try using a synonym for 'appealing' aswell, you used it several times. Using different adjectives would make it a much more interesting read, although there are some elaborate descriptions :) Constructive criticism, don't think I'm being a **** or anything!

But yeah public vote pl0x. :)

Still wondering where mind is...

Also, there should be a thread made with a poll for voting.

Slightly disappointed with the marks, but meh fair enough. Agree with Dunc the system could be looked at, if it's public appeal then surely a public vote is in order?

Riiight.

Surely sigs with say.. Wes Sneijder.. are going to be 'cooler' than those with... Cassano and Beckford... Thus have more 'public appeal', as you put it.

Surely measuring the 'public appeal', would be to let the 'public' vote for the one that 'appeals' to them?

Just seems a retarded system of doing it, the way it's being done now. :)

Although feel free to dismiss this and carry on in the fashion you are doing, I will still submit a sig, although I feel my 'public appeal' will have decreased after this post. :)

I dont mind having a public vote but my only concern is how many people will vote eventually and how can u say for example if only 3-4 people vote, then their votes are not biased, personally I think I gave decent marks, everyone can see that Toxicflame's and Ed Syers Signatures will appeal more than the rest but I have no concerns over trying a public poll, only such polls have been used in many Kit Competitions and have failed most of the time cos hardly any people vote, rest assured I will try it

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Yeah this is a very biased way of doing it. I personally thought sprags was one of the better ones. .

Sprag had a decent sig but compared to the rest he fell short and I'm sure u would agree or who else could I have eliminated?

Don't agree with the scores you've gave, also it doesn't seem fair? Shouldn't it be put in a poll for the members to vote?

And what do you mean by public appeal?