Couldnt do late tonight and might be too busy on the weekend :( Will try and work something out

Oh well, that was..... strange :p A bit of an anti-climax in the end! I'll do a write-up later!

World Cup Final

View attachment 218464
Andrea Pirlo lifts FM Base World Cup!

In the much awaited FM Base World Cup final, the fans were treated to a goal bonanza unlike anything the World has ever seen in a final. The Angry Burritos faced off against Waka Waka in a gung-ho-style game. The game shifted back and forth in the first half, with both teams trading blows. But after the break, the the fans were treated to an efficient display from the winning team, which never left any doubt about the winner.

Both teams lined up in similar formations with key battles between German goalkeepers Leno and Neuer, between four quality wing-backs and a dangerous-looking front 3 lead by two strong front-men.

7 min: After a bit of pressure from Angry Burritos lead to Leno making a good save from a Hulk shot. However, from the corner, a rehersed move Hulk fired a bullet-cross in which struck Miranda on the shin. The central defender knew nothing about it, but the ball rolled over the line to give the Angry Burritos the lead.

17 min: After Waka Waka had taken control of the game, the Burritos countered with a superb flowing move. Philippe Coutinho was played clean through, and finished past Leno to double the Burrito lead.

18 min: Straight from the kickoff, a quick Waka Waka attack lead to Ribery recieving the ball 20 metres out. He fired an absolute bullet into the top corner, which left Neuer with no chance. 2-1 and game on!

23 min: Another good attack from the Angry Burritos gave Hulk the ball down the right side. He played a speculative cross inn which Callejon got to first. Leno was stranded in no-mans-land, and the ball barely crossed the line. 3-1 and a two-goal lead restored.

33 min: The scoring was not over yet. The Burritos played some fantastic football which lead to Tevez being clean through. He hammered a shot into the bottom corner26 to leave Leno wondering what was happening. 4-1!

42 min: A moment of controversy. Ribery went clean through and was brought down by Srna as he was about to shoot. The referee somehow only booked Srna and gave Waka Waka a penalty. Cristiano Ronaldo made no mistake. 4-2!

44 min: You would have thought the teams would relax before half-time, but the Burritos were red-hot. Another flowing move gave Callejon a great chance, and once again he put it away with ease. 5-2!

HALF-TIME: An exceptionally action-packed first half. Both managers were laughing in their dugouts, and couldn't believe what they were seeing.

50 min: Another corner, another goal! Once again Hulk got the ball and hammered it in. The ball hit an unlucky Musacchio, who put it into his own net, past an unlucky Leno. 6-2

62 min: The Burritos, now playing on the counter, got another good opportunity, when Tevez recieved a cross from Callejon. The Argentine striker placed the ball into the corner. 7-2

65 min: The Argentine was not finished! Poor defensive work gave Tevez another chance, and Leno was having a shocker. He left the whole goal open for an easy finish. A hat-trick! 8-2!

66 min:
Only a minute later, and the Waka Waka defence were still asleep. Leno was as well, as he went on a walkabout to leave Callejon with an easy finish. The Spaniard also netting a hat-trick. 9-2!!

80 min: Substitute Candreva had come on for Hulk, and he wanted in on the action! Asamoah sent him clean through, and he hammered home the 10th nail in the coffin. 10-2!!!

In the end, a bit of an anti-climax of a match. Neither of us could believe what was happening, as all shots flew past Leno. As a normally very inefficient team (Nomadic can testify to that), I felt there was something wrong, but my team was somehow on fire.

All credit to Jamie, for keeping up a good mood, despite clearly having done something awful to upset the FM Gods.

Now, give me that trophy!!

View attachment 968092
Andrea Pirlo lifts FM Base World Cup!

In the much awaited FM Base World Cup final, the fans were treated to a goal bonanza unlike anything the World has ever seen in a final. The Angry Burritos faced off against Waka Waka in a gung-ho-style game. The game shifted back and forth in the first half, with both teams trading blows. But after the break, the the fans were treated to an efficient display from the winning team, which never left any doubt about the winner.

Both teams lined up in similar formations with key battles between German goalkeepers Leno and Neuer, between four quality wing-backs and a dangerous-looking front 3 lead by two strong front-men.

7 min: After a bit of pressure from Angry Burritos lead to Leno making a good save from a Hulk shot. However, from the corner, a rehersed move Hulk fired a bullet-cross in which struck Miranda on the shin. The central defender knew nothing about it, but the ball rolled over the line to give the Angry Burritos the lead.

17 min: After Waka Waka had taken control of the game, the Burritos countered with a superb flowing move. Philippe Coutinho was played clean through, and finished past Leno to double the Burrito lead.

18 min: Straight from the kickoff, a quick Waka Waka attack lead to Ribery recieving the ball 20 metres out. He fired an absolute bullet into the top corner, which left Neuer with no chance. 2-1 and game on!

23 min: Another good attack from the Angry Burritos gave Hulk the ball down the right side. He played a speculative cross inn which Callejon got to first. Leno was stranded in no-mans-land, and the ball barely crossed the line. 3-1 and a two-goal lead restored.

33 min: The scoring was not over yet. The Burritos played some fantastic football which lead to Tevez being clean through. He hammered a shot into the bottom corner26 to leave Leno wondering what was happening. 4-1!

42 min: A moment of controversy. Ribery went clean through and was brought down by Srna as he was about to shoot. The referee somehow only booked Srna and gave Waka Waka a penalty. Cristiano Ronaldo made no mistake. 4-2!

44 min: You would have thought the teams would relax before half-time, but the Burritos were red-hot. Another flowing move gave Callejon a great chance, and once again he put it away with ease. 5-2!

HALF-TIME: An exceptionally action-packed first half. Both managers were laughing in their dugouts, and couldn't believe what they were seeing.

50 min: Another corner, another goal! Once again Hulk got the ball and hammered it in. The ball hit an unlucky Musacchio, who put it into his own net, past an unlucky Leno. 6-2

62 min: The Burritos, now playing on the counter, got another good opportunity, when Tevez recieved a cross from Callejon. The Argentine striker placed the ball into the corner. 7-2

65 min: The Argentine was not finished! Poor defensive work gave Tevez another chance, and Leno was having a shocker. He left the whole goal open for an easy finish. A hat-trick! 8-2!

66 min:
Only a minute later, and the Waka Waka defence were still asleep. Leno was as well, as he went on a walkabout to leave Callejon with an easy finish. The Spaniard also netting a hat-trick. 9-2!!

80 min: Substitute Candreva had come on for Hulk, and he wanted in on the action! Asamoah sent him clean through, and he hammered home the 10th nail in the coffin. 10-2!!!

In the end, a bit of an anti-climax of a match. Neither of us could believe what was happening, as all shots flew past Leno. As a normally very inefficient team (Nomadic can testify to that), I felt there was something wrong, but my team was somehow on fire.

All credit to Jamie, for keeping up a good mood, despite clearly having done something awful to upset the FM Gods.

Now, give me that trophy!!

Holy **** what a result! That is crazy; well I just wanted to say it's been an honor to host this first edition, and I hope everyone enjoyed it... it was a massive effort, not just on my part, but on that of the participants as well :) so cheers and I'm already so excited for the next one!!