FM details for a noob please

Danny McLean

Reaction score
I've played Fifa Manager for a while now and I've never tried Football/Championship Manager but I'm thinking of converting this year for the first time as Fifa Manager 09 was to put it mildly disappointing.
I'm one of those weird people that prefers unrealism or a bad 3D match engine to a football game when players are called different names due to liscenicing eg. Wayne Rooney becomes Dywayne Rainey or something, I understand that Football Manager has proper player names which was a relief for me, another thing I want to know is does it have liscened team names for the top flight clubs? I know from screenshots that it does for lower league teams but screenshots only ever show clubs like Southport FC and Solihull Motors, what about teams like Everton? Is it Everton or is it Merseyside Blue? My next question linked with that is does it have liscenced club badges?
Lastly do well known players actually have proper faces (photo's) or are they just shadows? Also do players who don't have photo's have computer animated photo's like in Fifa Manager or just shadows?

Some questions that most people wouldn't be bothered about but are integral to me, it's why I was never really keen on PES until recently. Thanks guys.

U just need to download badges and player faces all names are right

They have the Club names like Everton yes.

You can get the official club badges with a simple download, yes.

Also, getting player facepacks is a simple matter of downloading the right files from the site too.

To finish up, get FM2010 when it comes out. Football Manager is much better than FIFA Manager.

why dont you get the fm 2010 demo??

Okay thanks Redrup & roller as an everton fan it's a big relief, but if I want to download more than 1 set of face packs say both sets of face packs have a face for the same player what happens then? And I did that for FM 08 Lewis that's what put me off for 2 years so if I do get it I'll go straight in and purchase the game