Capital One Cup 3rd round draw

The big games are Liverpool vs Newcastle, West Ham vs Chelsea and Tottenham vs United.

FM ESPN FC Live Champoins League Review

FM ESPN FC English Addition

Welcome to the draw of the 2014/15 European Champions League. Today with me at the moment I have with me Jamie Carragher and later on I will have the player’s response to the draw. Firstly Jamie earlier on we wrote down our potential groups of death. It was fun thinking of these Jamie but if any of these draws happen it would be harsh won’t it?

JC: Harsh yes but exciting from a supporters point of view.

Wayne: Who is your pick to win this year’s Champions League?

JC: Well you can look past the big boys Barcalona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich.

Wayne: If one team could upset the Jamie who would it be?

JC: Maybe at a push Chelsea might be able to.

Wayne: Ok so here is Jamie and my picks at the potential groups of death.

Potential groups of death

Wayne: Barcalona, Manchester City, Ajax, Roma.

JC: Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool, Monaco.

Wayne: Right now that the fun part is over we will look at the draw. Group C is where we will start as we look at Arsenal’s group. Arsenal has drawn FC Basel, Galatasaray and LOSC Lille. This seems like a walk in the park for Arsenal and to join us on this conversation I have on the phone with me Jack Wilshere. Thanks for joining us Jack, now this is looking like a pretty good draw for you is this how you and the team see it?

JW: Indeed Wayne we are very happy with the draw.

Wayne: What will be your hardest game?

JW: Going to Turkey is never easy so Galatasaray will be the hard game, but in saying that you can’t rule out Lille they have produced so quality over the years.

Wayne: How far can Arsenal go this year?

JW: We are aiming for Semi Finals of the Champions League. If we get there then you never know what can happen.

Wayne Thanks for joining us Jack.

Wayne: Now we will look at Chelsea’s draw. The 2012 champions will be joined by Dortmund, Olympiakos and Roma. This is looking like one of the groups of death. Now we are joined on the phone by Chelsea legion Didier Drogba. Alright Didier I know you are busy man how hard will it be to get out of this group?

DD: Well Wayne we will have to be at our best every game but we should get out of this group.

Wayne: Is there any easy game’s in this group?

DD: There is never any easy game’s in the Champions League.

Wayne: Would you say your club will be happy with this draw?

DD: I would say yes you know it should bring a lot of interest with the quality we are playing against.

Wayne: Thank you Didier. Next team we will look at is your team Jamie and Liverpool are back into the Champions League. There Draw of Zenit, Porto and APOEL looks like it might be a tight draw Jamie?

JC: Yes they are going to have to be at their best vs Zenit and Porto.

Wayne: Now we welcome Jamie’s mate and fellow Liverpool legion Steven Gerrard to the show.

SG: Thanks for having guys.

JC: Tough draw mate?

SG: Big trip to Russia mate that is going to be the acid test. If we get points in Russia we go through to the next round that is where we have to test our self.

Wayne: If you do slip up in Russia you have to guarantee points at both Porto and APOEL?

SG: That’s pretty obvious isn’t it?

Wayne: Well yes it is. How far can you see the team going in the competition?

SG: You should see Liverpool get to the Quarter Finals.

Wayne: Well thank you Stevie.

SG: Cheers guys.

Wayne: The last group we will look at today is Manchester City’s groups which has Sporting Lisbon, CSKA Moscow and Dinamo in it and we now welcome to the show England and Manchester City no 1 Joe Hart. Another tough group for Manchester City Joe?

JH: Well if you look at the previous years Wayne it is a little bit easier but still tight.

Wayne: So you think progression is on the cards then?

JH: yes for sure we have to be confident.

Wayne: How far is the goal?

JH: We have set our plans for the semi-finals and that was before the draw. That doesn’t change.

Wayne: Thank you Joe Hart and good luck for the season.

Wayne: well that is all we have for the show join us next week for the Premier League round three fixtures, also mid-week will be our live transfer deadline day special. Thank you and good night.