daviefow

Reaction score
Has anyone had this type of problem. My computer has a brand new (and 95% empty) hard drive and a duel core processor.
The computer runs perfect, never crashes or has any problems. After 4 great seasons I decided to installed fmrte to check out the PA of my youngsters, and the game goes to ****.
I have removed fmrte, then deleted the game in question, then uninstalled and reinstalled FM, and the problems persist.
I can load the game, then play for a day or two, then the screen will go blank, and i will have to turn off the computer!

It is only FM that is causing problems.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance, Fow.

The whole screen or just football manager? I say this because sometimes in windows mode my screen will go black (but the cursor will still change as I hover over things), and simply minimising it and reopening it fixes the problem. Even in full screen mode, try minimising and restoring as it soudns like its not actually turning your computer off, just leaving you to turn it off as you see no other option.

Are you playing full screen though? It would appear the same

Unless you mean your monitor acts as if it has no power and literally switches off? Or says no signal? More details on the screen blackness please

Whether it is windowed or full screen it shut down. The screen would come up no signal, then go to sleep. The tower would still sound on ie fans going, occasional flashing light but there would be no way to turn monitor back on, giving you no choice but to hold the main power button in for 5 sec, or hit the stitch on the back of the tower and reboot, either way losing your game.
I had a look about and the only other simple solution i could find on here was to take the tower to bits and clean out any dust on the inside. I opened it up and the thing was manky. The inlet vents on the back were half clogged with the wifes hair ( computer is in the same room as where she does her hair in the morning) and the heat shrink and fans on the inside were covered in dust. I cleaned it up spotless last night and the game has run continously for 7 hours overnight. Fingers crossed the issue is fixed.
Thanks for help tubby, much appreciated.

try solutions in my help thread (link in signature). sounds like it was a temperature issue davie

Yeah mate, i think so too. I looked around and found your thread, thats what made me open it up and cleane it. Very helpful thread mate.
Thanks again,
Davie.

ive just got the same problem, my computer turns off after i continue for a few days, what was the solution ?

ive just got the same problem, my computer turns off after i continue for a few days, what was the solution ?

If it's exactly the same problem then the solution was to clean the dust out of his laptop as it was overheating.