FM keeps crashing, driving me crazy

mikeholdford

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Someone PLEASE help me! Throughout playing FM15 my game has constantly been crashing and I get a message come up saying:

"A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated...", then it creates the error file in crash dumps and apologises for the inconvenience.

The amount of times this has happened to me is ridiculous. I can't even play the game now because I'm just waiting for it to happen. Just tried to load the game, advanced a few days, put a few players on the transfer list and went onto the scouting option and the message came up.

When the game crashes, Steam tries to install an update but can't because 'servers are too busy'. Strange because Steam and FM are all updated and this is happening all the time. Tried a few things I read online but nothing seems to have worked at the moment.

Is anybody else having this problem and can someone save me!?

Cheers, Mike.

Your comp handle the game?

Verify your files in steam. (if you have any updates added in the actual steamapps folder, real name fix etc) it will remove them but give you a clean version.

try again.if still no remove and reinstall.

if still not working, lower graphics settings, move to GPU assisted in preferences, try again.

have a look at the crash file and upload it at SI.

Create a new user on windows.

install steam and the game. Test.

If it works then something on your system aside from the game is the problem.

Your comp handle the game?

Verify your files in steam. (if you have any updates added in the actual steamapps folder, real name fix etc) it will remove them but give you a clean version.

try again.if still no remove and reinstall.

if still not working, lower graphics settings, move to GPU assisted in preferences, try again.

have a look at the crash file and upload it at SI.

Can you quickly talk me through how to verify my files in Steam?

Think I'm going to remove and reinstall. Is there a way I can keep hold of my saved games etc so I don't lose them when uninstalling?

I've verified integirty of game cache a few times already, is that what you meant wkdsoul?

Yeah, and an uninstall shouldnt remove your save game s but make a copy just in case anyway.

to verify through steam, right click on the game properties, local files, verify should be about halfway down.

Back