FM Needs

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just started a channel for fm content. Started a save with Bradford Park Avenue. This is the first episode,
. There's a few more on there too and will try and post daily videos. I'm very new to youtube and that so any constructive feedback would be welcome. I am in the process of sorting out software, mic and camera. I did have a go in the first episode but the audio was too quiet. Once I get everything set up I'll use these but for the meantime I'm recording it on my phone with audio but no camera. Hope you guys like the content.

Thanks very much in advance.

Jonathan.

Hey, checked out your channel.

First of all, I will say....Romario Vieira...nice haha, he's such a good signing at that level, think he's the FM20 go to guy for non-league managers.

You mentioned wanting some feedback on your channel too. I started my Youtube and Twitch channels exactly 3 weeks ago so I'm not an expert but I can try and give some advice.

What software were you using in Ep1 to capture screen and webcam? The screen capture is really crisp so no issue with the software, the problem was just your webcam/audio. The webcam I use is a 720p HD Logitech one that cost me £25 and the quality is pretty decent so affordable options are ok. My webcam does come with a built in microphone so that may kill 2 birds with 1 stone for you, although I haven't tested the audio quality of my webcam as I use a microphone.

Do you have a headset? That may be a better alternative microphone wise if you go with the ep 1 set up. I use a USB condenser microphone for mine but they will cost you around £60ish for a basic one so a headset may be a cheaper option.

Recording on your phone doesn't make a good watching experience and unfortunately you are likely to put people off your channel if that is what they see. Being completely honest, once you have the webcam/audio sorted I would probably start a new career in FM20 and remove those early videos from your channel. Its a real cliche but you can only make one first impression and even though you may be the most interesting person in the world and have loads of great content, if the video/audio quality is poor, people won't stick around. YouTube is so saturated that making good content isnt enough anymore, it has to look and sound pretty too, the whole package.

Kudos for giving it a go, it's a difficult nut to crack is YouTube as I am finding myself. Hit me up once you are fully set up and I will check out your channel again.