FM Rules Revision

fatshit

Banned
Reaction score
I can understand if Admins or moderators want to close this thread as it is similar to previous threads but at the time of posting JPWoody was the only member of staff online and there were countless duplicate threads being created by new members and so I think it was necessary to post a thread revising the forum rules. Here are the full rules including infraction and ban boundaries: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules

Posting Rules
  1. Always stay on topic (aka no spamming). For instance if the thread is on Gordon's Strachan's appointment as Boro manager then it is uneccesary and counter-productive to post about Portsmouth's chances of survival.
  2. Please don't just post with a single word or smiley unless you really have to. For instance 'true' or 'looooool' are illegal posts.
  3. Do not swear in excess. The occasional swearword used casualy is acceptable but swearing excessively and the sustained use of serious swearwords like the 'C' word can be perceived as rude.
  4. No ****. Just don't - that is for your own pleasure alone.
  5. No piracy.
  6. Do not abuse other members. Arguments should be avoided and petty personal insults do not help matters - they simply upset members and waste admins' time dishing out infractions and closing threads.
  7. No 'txt' talk. Please check your spellings. The occasional 'lol' will be ignored but 'yh r u goin 2 go out l8r as well m8' is unsightly and can unsettle members particularly those who do not speak english as a first language.
  8. Do not multi-post. Use the edit button when necessary. Ideally check posts before posting and make sure you have said everything you want to say but if this is not the case press the 'edit' button at the bottom of your post.
  9. No advertising your website unless in the correct area. This is another deliberate form of spamming for your gain and everybody else's loss. Please restrain from doing it.
  10. Check that you are posting your topic in the correct area. If you cannot find a suitable section use 'general chat' as there are no limits on what can be posted there as long as it does not break rules.
  11. No double registration. Sean can track you IP address and you could be banned from the site at your address.
  12. Before posting a new thread please check that nothing similar already exists. There is a search button at the top of your screen in the navigation bar for a reason. Enter your key word and search each thread before posting as you could receive an infraction.
I apologise for posting this admins and mods but I think it could help members as over 50% of those currently online do not understand the rules or know where to find them. Thanks.

Last edited:
I can understand if the mods do close it but I think its good to just go over the rules etc once in a while

Please leave this JP as the great intake of new members after the release of the game has resulted in the opening of hundreds of replicate threads.

(an improvement in the search function would probably resolve this)

There is no problem with the search function. It's quick and easy to use just some 'tards don't seem to want to use it.

*edit.

This thread could be good to alert people to the rules (as everyone seems to ignore them)...but as for being a "revision", don't think it's needed.

No need to close this though I guess.

Last edited:
There is no problem with the search function. It's quick and easy to use just some 'tards don't seem to want to use it.
Can the thread stay?

*edit.

This thread could be good to alert people to the rules (as everyone seems to ignore them)...but as for being a "revision", don't think it's needed.

No need to close this though I guess.

Thanks. I didn't mean revision as in changing revision though I meant revision as in studying of the rules revision. Thanks.