FM Won't Load

• Thread starter Thread starter Adam543
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3K

Adam543

Reaction score
I downloaded iFMRTE and went through what it told me to do, then opened it. It told me that it had to be able to make changes to something I can't remember what (useless I know), I tried loading a game and it said it couldn't detect FM running. That was because I hadn't opened it yet, so I tried to do this but it steam came up with a message saying it failed to load "*steamstartengine*" and then a lot of numbers and letters. HOw do I post pictures? I'll get a screenshot. So have I broke it? Any help? Thanks, Adam

go to your steam game library, right click 'football manager 2012' and choose properties from the drop down menu. Then choose 'local files' tab and select 'verify integrity of game cache'

Ok, I tried that but it won't let me open steam so I think its a problem with that not the game. How do I post pictures here, i can take a screenshot of what it says when I try to open either steam or the actual game.

did you pay for FMTRE? (Am I right in thinking you have to pay for it this year?)

As far as I can tell you can download it and use it for scouting without paying but to use it fully you have to make a "donation". I just downloaded it without paying.

I deleted the game and steam then re installed the disk. I didn't get chance to install FM because steam won't open. So I'm positive its to do with steam now not the game. Should I just email them?

you still get the same error message from steam?

what about deleting FMTRE and then reinstalling steam again. It all worked fine before you got FMTRE correct?

I've tried that. I've deleted everything, FMTRE, Steam and Football manager. I put the disk in to re-install the game and then steam popped up first to give the error message. And yes everything was working fine before I downloaded it.

you sure you deleted all traces of steam whatsoever?

Ok, thanks for your help Jak, I think I've fixed it. I just reset my laptop to the factory settings and then re-installed it. Seems to be working now fingers crossed:') Anyway, thanks for the help :)

Ok, thanks for your help Jak, I think I've fixed it. I just reset my laptop to the factory settings and then re-installed it. Seems to be working now fingers crossed:') Anyway, thanks for the help :)
well that's good :) I didn't want to suggest that as it's a massive pain to do but good to hear that it's working

Yeah, I had to backup my whole computer, took ages :( ah well it's fixed now.

Back