FM12 hardest manager game ever.

• Thread starter Thread starter ash007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

ash007

Reaction score
hi all

ive been playing FM games for many years,i have to say this game is so hard.i get the season off to a good start,then i get the sack before xmas.this has happend to me four times in a rowe.

i try everything i can to turn the season round,the players have none of it.my forwards can't score a goal to save their lifes.

i started of playing as leeds,i was doing so bad,i change over to birmingham,just to fresh my mind set on the game.im losing very badly 3-0,4-0 sometimes 5-0.

is there anyone that could give me a bit of advise,im now playing as birmingham,ive not sold any players.

If you're struggling, take a look at your tactics, players and team-talks.
There's loads of advice on this forum about team-talks etc.

DEFINITELY download a tactic, look at some of the more popular ones on this forum; even if you don't like using other people's tactics, u can use it as a reference point for making your own.

And there are loads of shortlists around too on downloads to help u out with players to get, no matter the budget; maybe take a look at some of the Free-Agent shortlists if Birmingham have a very low budget?

Oh, and make sure u change ur tactics based upon strength of the opposition/ if you r home or away etc (eg, narrow and counter mentality is usually better for tougher games; wider and more attacking for easier games etc)

i usually talk to the team when they are underperforming and layers, it keeps morale high getting them playing better

Most basic advices:
Teamtalk are extremely important:

Expect the right expectation (if the team lost to a stronger team, don't go nut on them. If they win against a weaker team, don't go kiss their ***), assertively expect them to win against weaker teams, saying you have faith against equal or slightly better teams, pressure is off when against stronger teams at their home, for the fan when play at your home.

Don't go attacking against significantly stronger teams.

Choose your formation and customize your tactic not based on your liking but based on 1. your player's stats (especially key players ); and 2. opponent formation and tactic.
Key players should be instructed individually based on their stasts and what you want them to do.

Pick the pitch size that suit the width of your team

Home and away: Teams playing at home will get significant boost, so a slightly weaker team can be stronger than you at their home, and slightly stronger teams can be weaker than you at your home, be aware of that.

That is right
g.gif

Back