FM12 - Worth the money?

• Thread starter Thread starter JamieFm91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4K

JamieFm91

Reaction score
As i won't be trying the new fm12 demo (for some reason my steam won't let me) i am debating whether or not to buy it (or rather pre-order it) but a few questions.

How different is it from fm11? and what are the key differences? and would you consider it worth buying?
if i pre-order it, how big do you think the download will be?
i know it's only £30 but this month and the next is crazy for games ... mw3, skyrim bf3 etc Thanks for any help :]

I think not. I'm going to get it for free, but if i had to buy it, i wouldn't. FM11>FM12 Imho

not convinced by demo yet. Fm11 was a lot more user friendly, this years version I can't help but feel it has a lot of useless info crammed onto the same screen.

Well there's been a **** of a lot of bugs found in the demo, including important ones affecting opposition instructions etc. But assuming they fix most of them before release i'd say it's definately worth buying.

Imo everything this year has been an improvement without one step backwards in any area. Player interaction is the biggest improvement so far. And I disagree with the above poster, the ability to cram more info onto every page (especially the home page, depending on your screen resolution) is much better.

definitely worth it, bugs asite, the game is great! So many great extra stuff compare to FM11, bugs will be fixed with patches anyways, so dw.

You can listen to what other people have to say all day, but at the end of the day, you can't rely on what other people think about a demo. It's unfortunate that you can't play it, but if you can put up with it then why not buy it? Was you asking yourself the same question when the FM11 demo was out? Yet you still bought FM11, probably regardless of what other people though and by the sounds of it, enjoyed it.

I love the demo, btw.

definitely worth it, bugs asite, the game is great! So many great extra stuff compare to FM11, bugs will be fixed with patches anyways, so dw.

this. Patches will fix bugs, features pwn, and FM11 is boring now because it's been 365 days of solid playing. That's why I paid £30 for FM (for the first time ever I might add)

yes! don't be cheap, its the best value for money game money can buy! Fm12 is so far better than Fm11 and I am only on the demo! I have yet come across a bug (I may not be paying attention to every little thing, but nothing substantial at all)

Support the community, support the developers! buy the game, no matter what anyone says about it, each years release eventually grows on you to become the best one you have played to date :)

peace!

I hate each fm for the first 2-3weeks but then im all for it, £25 on amazon is a good price for a years worth of entertainment aswell
saved money for this and a couple of other games, well worth the wait =D

It's worth it just to make a touchline shout involving pressing higher and tackling harder and naming it 'Get in there you WANKAAAS'.

Srsly though, from what I've seen, yes.

I like new things, and the freshness and rehaul is nice, although I agree with mccollio09 - there is a lot of useless information crammed on one screen!

Defo worth every penny would still buy even if was same price as fifa12 gotta support fm base/ steam!

Was going to order than played the demo and was appalled the match engine is pretty much the same and only tweaks in the game and a database update Never worth the £30 its priced at.

Was going to order than played the demo and was appalled the match engine is pretty much the same and only tweaks in the game and a database update Never worth the £30 its priced at.

Same with FIFA/PES then? :S

Same with FIFA/PES then? :S
Yeah normally although this years Fifa is quite alot different, I just think that its like playing the exact same game I'm usually exited for the game after playing the demo but this year i'm just not.

Yeah normally although this years Fifa is quite alot different, I just think that its like playing the exact same game I'm usually exited for the game after playing the demo but this year i'm just not.

No offence but what can they do other than make a few changes and update the leagues/kits/stats

No offence but what can they do other than make a few changes and update the leagues/kits/stats
My main hope was a better match engine But from the looks of it Its the same, I think i'm not wanting it as much because i don't want it to get in the way of a-levels.

Back