FM15 3D Match Engine Problem

SebastianRO

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 2 technical issues with the game so far:

1. 3D Match Engine
2. It takes like 40 seconds to save a game.

1. My PC is more than capable of handling the game. I have a AMD FX 6300 + nVIDIA GTX 650 Ti + 8GB DDR3, etc and I also run the game on a SSD. The thing is that when I play a match, it looks so laggish, flickering, fps are very very floating. It cant be more far from a smooth run. I dont know why this is happening because I've never had this problem ever again with any FM edition. I also have drivers up to date and everything is good as far as my Windows is concerned.

2. When I click "Save Game", it takes so so so much to save it. Again, when i saved a game in FM10,11,12,13,14, it only took like 15 seconds, and that was when I was running the game on a HDD. Then I bought an SSD just for FM14 and the Save Game only took like 7 seconds or so. 40 seconds is far too long, so it must be clearly a technical issue.

If you have this problem, please reply here so we can see if it is a general bug or it's something in my PC that this game doesnt like. Thank you.

P.S

Problem solved !!! Problem solved !!! Problem solved !!!

I always use nVIDIA Shadow Play for recording moments from my games and as usual, i've left it opened every time when i launched FM15. After i got frustrated by the flickering image and lag in 3d match, i retarted my PC, turned off GeForce Experience and nVIDIA Shadow Play and THEN I launched the game. It works flawlesly no matter how many other tasks the computer does simultaneously as long as nVIDIA SP is turned off. This is obviously a bug , but at least I got the solution until they will work it out. I will update the OP so other poeple can see this.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this is a BETA. SI said in the opening post on their forum that they are still busy optimising the game. This will include 3D matches and saving times.

If you're having 3D issues that bad, it's probably best to go over there and post in their Crashes and Technical Issues section.

Hmm, that's strange. It runs very smooth on my PC and I only have slightly better configuration. Last year I had similar problem, I installed game on D partition, and when I installed it on C, where my OS is installed, it worked perfectly. Dunno if it's the same thing over again. Try lowering your graphical settings and then see if you didn't already.

I have the same issues with saving the game. It seems to be stuck at 75-80% for a long time (up til about 75% probably takes approx 5-10 seconds)

@Vanjagl

It is not very very bad, but it is bad enough to irritate me, since I am used to it running perfectly smooth. Lowering graphics doesnt help at all. Thanks for the reply anyway.

@Sp3c

That's right, it goes fast until 75-80% and then it stays stuck for a while (long while).

@WJ

Yes, i keep in mind that this is BETA, so i am not worrying about this too much. I am sure they will fix if this is a general problem.

Last edited:
It is not very very bad, but it is bad enough to irritate me, since I am used to it running perfectly smooth. Lowering graphics doesnt help at all. Thanks for the reply anyway.
This doesn't sound right though. I don't have a PC close to your specs and I'm running it smoothly on the highest settings. Better get SI to investigate.

I'm running my FM on a different harddrive than my OS and I'm not experiencing any issues, so I don't think that's the problem. You should probably report it here, they'll ask for a dxdiag and if they can't tell anything from that, they might ask you to upload the save. Or you could just upload the save here and have a friendly soul try to advance a day and save it. For science.

@Vanjagl

@Sp3c

That's right, it goes fast until 75-80% and then it stays stuck for a while (long while).

@WJ

Yes, i keep in mind that this is BETA, so i am not worrying about this too much. I am sure they will fix if this is a general problem.

Then we can rule out your graphics card being an issue. It's either game itself (still not optimized) or you have some programs running in background that are not FM friendly ( such as various game boosters, Avast antivirus or even torrents).

@Vanjagl

Neah, i closed all other programs and still the issue remains. When I play FM14 I can download torrent, run my tv tunner and many other programs and the game still runs perfectly. I start to think that the problem is the game itself (not being optimized).

Problem solved !!!! Problem solved !!!! Problem solved !!!!

I always use nVIDIA Shadow Play for recording moments from my games and as usual, i've left it opened every time when i launched FM15. After i got frustrated by the flickering image and lag in 3d match, i retarted my PC, turned off GeForce Experience and nVIDIA Shadow Play and THEN I launched the game. It works flawlesly no matter how many other tasks the computer does simultaneously as long as nVIDIA SP is turned off. This is obviously a bug , but at least I got the solution until they will work it out. I will update the OP so other poeple can see this.

Guys I have a fully stocked Alienware Mx 17 R4, obviously a fairly high end gaming laptop. Game tells me I have a 3 star 3d match rating quality (was 5 last year) but my problem is even if I turn it to the lost setting I'm having rendering problems.

In every other match the ball and the goal posts disappear and then start flickering.

Any ideas?

Back