FM15 Money Making Tips

• Thread starter Thread starter Valar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 28K

Valar

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread/guide/post on this anywhere but I was wondering if everyone could save their money making tips?

Basically little things you can do to ensure your club has a positive cashflow and maybe spare up money for transfers?

E.G How to squeeze out the most for a player? How to negotiate lower wages or how to make money from friendlies/merchandise?

For getting the most out of transfers, there is a thread by Raikan, search for it. It is of an old FM, but very much applicable.

Also, friendlies need to be arranged with care. You can go and arrange all your pre-season friendlies with big teams, and if you lose, you'll have horrible morale by the start of the season. Arrange around 3-4 friendlies which are most likely to give you good returns in between friendlies whose teams you can beat easily.

Also, try to keep more of your budget in wages, as this will generate extra interest income.

Try to overachieve in the cups. People tend to not care alot about getting far in those competitions, but you do get decent price money once you get further. And it's only one match.

I tend to buy young players, develop them until a big team comes in offering large amounts for hem 2/3 years after purchase and repeat. I did this on a porto save in last years game, by the time I had finished the save in 2027 I had the best team in the world and a balance of over £700m although I lost money in almost every other area each season.

Sell for more than you spend...

The main thing i found is that if you are well under your wage budget dont change it because it seems like you gain extra transfer money after a while because wages are very healthy

Uncle mads box of choccys. Search for thread. I have a couple of posts about this near the beginning

Here's something that works quite flawlessly:

Every december start scouting for players who are out of contracts in the summer.
Come January, sign the best 4-5 ones you can find for free (provided their wages aren't too high).
They'll join in the summer, you might get some decent players that way (Actually in previous FMs I've actually acquired world class stars for free - had Zouma, Doria and Correa for free in FM14).
But if they're not good enough, sell them the next January. Free profit.

In FM15, just got Lucas Piazon and Thorgan Hazard for free, next season sold them for 10.5m and 15m to Swansea and Inter.

I got a question about how you sell players... Do you have to go and offer them, or they will come and offer for the players even if they are not transfer listed?

I got a question about how you sell players... Do you have to go and offer them, or they will come and offer for the players even if they are not transfer listed?

I'm prob doing it wrong but in my personal opinion I offer them out to clubs, Eg. I had Walcott who was rated 28m at the start of the season, ( he scored 17 goals, 13 assists )

Man City offered 29m, ( 13m up front and so and so in 48 months )

He got unhappy so offered him out for 59m and Man City came back with the upfront fee of 59m..

Guess it depends on what you rate the player etc, personally I 99% offer them out to clubs.

I'm prob doing it wrong but in my personal opinion I offer them out to clubs, Eg. I had Walcott who was rated 28m at the start of the season, ( he scored 17 goals, 13 assists )

Man City offered 29m, ( 13m up front and so and so in 48 months )

He got unhappy so offered him out for 59m and Man City came back with the upfront fee of 59m..

Guess it depends on what you rate the player etc, personally I 99% offer them out to clubs.

Thanks! I got one last question, when I go in the "offer to clubs" I put down the fee I want and on clubs to propose too, I don't seem to be able to add any... if I keep it empty do I offer it to every clubs?

I know, I am a noob ><;

Thanks! I got one last question, when I go in the "offer to clubs" I put down the fee I want and on clubs to propose too, I don't seem to be able to add any... if I keep it empty do I offer it to every clubs?

I know, I am a noob ><;

Yeah adds to every club, those who are interested will show interest and then offer.

Anyone know how much of a difference going on tour makes? I haven't been able to analyse the changes to merchandising very well but i've seen a few guides saying it helps a lot. All i know is merchandising increased in South Korea (where i toured) iirc.

If you're clever you can get a few tours in a season. I managed to squeeze one in at the end of the season and had the youth players play with two at the start of the next season.

I check the transfer listed players regularly, sign the bargains, play them occassionally then I sell them to City or PSG. Dead simple.

Back