FM15 San Marino - help with 3 at the back

mattk lfc

Reaction score
My current attempt at 3 at the back with San Marino

1f71cb7706e729dfeb74f9e106585ab8.png

a0d0e36331de2d56652c0e5d128292ef.png

f65601ad3fa8920f501f4eafa8f45f63.png

Had enough of sitting back and getting pummelled all last season, trying to be a bit better on the ball instead of jusT hoofing it long and having it come straight back at me. Want to get us passing well and retaining possession (they cant score if they dont have the ball :p) while also being a threat on the counter where possible

Any major errors or suggestions on anything I should change to improve it?

Only one thing, I would prefer to have LM/RM rather than full backs or wing backs due to personnel limitations :)

That's mighty brave football to be playing with San Marino lol fair play to you!

Haha thanks! They do say theres a fine line between bravery and stupidity XD

Haha thanks! They do say theres a fine line between bravery and stupidity XD

They also say you tripped over it. I'm not sure any tactic will see you not get thumped, but good luck. In your WC qualifiers, you might be able to give Estonia a run for their money, but otherwise I'm thinking you'll be on a hiding.

When playing with three at back. Personally I don't like a Dm. I prefer wing backs and I believe three centre backs can deal with two strikers or one striker and an amc. I find it more balanced with wing backs. I like your ambition with the formation though especially with San Marino. You can make any tactic/formation work with enough effort. Report back with what is and is not working