FM16 - The Pentagon Challenge (The quest to be the best)

LutterworthFox

Premium
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A quick intro as to what I plan to do

I have completed the Pentagon in the past on both FM14 and 15. On FM14 I blogged about it on here and completed it in around 18 seasons. Its a challenge I love doing and took inspiration off of another writer on here called W4NKER or ILOVELAMP as he is now known.

His Pentagon posts showed me that you can play longer saves quickly by using the slimmed down version (Classic or Touch), and by using Instant Result to go past games quicker means you can finish a season in less than a few hours if you have it set up right, i.e Transfers, Tactics, Match Plans, etc

Its something I haven't done on FM16 so far but with a 1 year old daughter my free time to play the game I love is getting less and less each day.

So I plan to complete the Pentagon Challenge on FMTouch.

I will be starting tonight and will post a few updates over the next day or so, I go on holiday on Sunday for 6 days and when I'm back will get full on cracking with this save.

If you don't know what the Pentagon Challenge is then the idea is to win the 5 continental Champions Leagues (Asia, Africa, Europe, South America and North America)

I will start with Sunday League Reputation and only South Africa loaded. Once I win the African CL I will then add extra countries and work my way around the world.

As I mentioned earlier I will use Instant Result in most games except big games and cup finals. I will assume more of an overseeing role, looking after squad management, tactics and transfers and then leaving the match day stuff to my Assistant Manager.

Hopefully this way even if I have 1 or 2 hours free a night I can blast through a good season or so each day making it more fun for myself.

I will post updates on here 1 per season and/or if I get a new job or win something important

So thats my intro, I will post again when I have my first job.

2015/16

Vasco Cape Town - South Africa

Final League table - A fantastic first season, dominated from start to finish

View attachment 179714

View attachment 179715

The tactic I threw together at the start worked wonders!

View attachment 179718

View attachment 179717

We also had an amazing run in the NedBank Cup beating 3 Premier League teams before being beaten in the Semi Final by Orlando Pirates

View attachment 179716

A great season, lets hope we can hold out own in the South African Premier League!

Instant Result

Do you use Instant Result or Simulate Match?

16/17 Season

16/17 Season

So another season is down and our first season in the South African Premier League has gone pretty well

View attachment 174758

A 10th place finish is really good, we had a terrible end to the season which ruined our chances of a top 8 finish.

We didn't do so well in the cups being knocked out early in both the Knockout round and the FA Cup

View attachment 174757

The tactic I used was one you can find on FM Base, its a 41221 by Banton

View attachment 174756View attachment 174755

Hopefully next season we can push on a bit more and try and strengthen the squad or find a new job!