94RD

Reaction score
Hi all,

How can i ''train'' determination in FM19? Some players of my youth are very talented, but have a bad determination. In FM18 I used an older player to mentor my youth player, but I cant find this option in FM19.

Thanks

it'll porb be part of the new mentoring groups which has replaced the tutoring, try that.

Determination can't be trained.

The only things that can change it are life changes (it can drop or raise about 10 points), or tutoring

In previous versions you use to tutor them off the pitch with someone off high determination, this year it appears you should create a group with 3-4 players in "Mentoring" insuring that a couple of those players have the traits you want to rub off on the rest of the group and it will tell you if your senior player in that group who is determined will also be influential on the rest of the group, thats what you want.

Mentoring has just been converted a more realistic dynamic than it was before. But its the same basic mechanic in most ways. Instead of asking a player to work one-on-one with a more experienced player, you put them in a group that works together in training. The more influential players will impact the younger players. Same attributes are impacted, as well as PPMs. Its slower as well. They don't have to be in the same position, but PPMs makes it preferable that they are. And the younger players need to be training with the first team, which makes sense if they are working together in training.

Mentoring has just been converted a more realistic dynamic than it was before. But its the same basic mechanic in most ways. Instead of asking a player to work one-on-one with a more experienced player, you put them in a group that works together in training. The more influential players will impact the younger players. Same attributes are impacted, as well as PPMs. Its slower as well. They don't have to be in the same position, but PPMs makes it preferable that they are. And the younger players need to be training with the first team, which makes sense if they are working together in training.

Nice summory, thanks for that.

One question, has anyone got any ideas or preferences on the size of a mentoring group?

I am currently running 2 groups, both with 1 senior player mentoring 2 youths (1 from U/23s and 1 from U/18s). My theory being that the smaller the group the more time the senior player can give to each member, so you should see better results than if you had more players in the group

Last edited: