JHammoFM

Reaction score
Welcome to my first managerial story so far on FM20. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventure and share the same excitement I do about 22 dots on a screen.

My Background:

Whilst I am a new member of FM Base, I have played the last 4 editions of Football Manager and have enjoyed, loved, laughed and been frustrated for many hours on end but mainly fun and enjoyment. Due to our current circumstances in the world and my own personal circumstances, I have enough free time (hopefully) to write a story about my only save as well as to continue to play it and enjoy it. As I am 9 years or so into my save, I will be recapping the seasons that I have already completed at my previous two clubs in separate posts so you can feel familiar and up to speed with my journey. I will be giving a more in-depth look at the seasons at my current team and be covering them with more up to date screenshots, lineups, teams, fixtures and results as they are fresher in my mind and playing experience.

(For Dynamo the screenshots will not be up to date and it will rely on my knowledge and up keeping of the results to portray the story. For my other two teams it will be screenshots from the past that are more up to date and easier to work from).

1 SG Dynamo Dresden.png

Club History:

SG Dynamo Dresden were founded in 1953 and are one of the younger clubs in Bundesliga 2. In their relatively short history, the Dynamo have had a bumper ride jumping between divisions before recently starting to settle down and steady themselves in the second tier of Germany. Before the reunification of Germany in 1990, Dynamo were a force to be reckoned in Germany and Europe particularly in 1970 to 1980's period. Under the management of club legend Walter Fritzsch, Dynamo won 5 GDR League titles (Bundesliga nowadays) and twp cup titles whilst creating a storm in Europe, making four quarter finals in the European cups. Impressively, they qualified for each European competition in the '70s and knocked out Porto, Juventus and Benfica in the process whilst also pushing Liverpool in 1974 to a pulsating 7-6 last 16 round loss. The glory years of the '70s though were not sustained as a rival team BFC Dynamo took the spotlight winning the title between 1979 and 1988. BFC Dynamo were a side made out of Dresden players which had ignited a fierce rivalry in GDR days due to the capital dominance and conflict as well as the lucrative offers from BFC Dynamo. Following these years of chaos and political turmoil in Germany extending to football, the reunification of Germany in 1990 provided a relief and a platform for the leagues' system we have today. Interestingly, Dynamo's most recent and final European adventure for the time being came in 1991 where eventual winners Red Star Belgrade knocked out the Yellows prompting fan riots from Dresden. These riots saw Dresden banned from Europe the following season - they have not qualified since.

The Bundesliga proved a difficult and a different coil of fish for Dynamo and after four years of almost near relegation and increasing debt, SG Dynamo Dresden were relegated to 3.Liga. The increasing debt of 10 million meant a licence to play in the second division was denied. An up and down rollercoaster followed which saw the once mighty Dynamo fall or a while into the fourth division in Germany. The birth of youth players including current U19 manager Lars Jungnickel galvanised Dresden back into the 3.Liga and Bundesliga 2. A yo-yo ensued in the next years between relegation and promotion in the second and third divisions highlighting their inconsistency with the form of players and managers alike. In 2011, Dynamo were promoted to the second division where they stayed until 2014 where after surviving the previous year in a relegation playoff, they disappointingly returned to the 3.Liga. A much needed overhaul between 2014 and 2016 was rewarded with a long-overdue title in 2016 thanks to a final 4-0 demolition victory against Wiesbaden to promote them back to the second tier.

In the most recent years, Dynamo have fluttered in the mid to low table and have struggled to mount a challenge back to their infamous top division years instead warding off relegation in most cases despite an impressive 5th in 2016. However, the side possesses great potential much like the Jungnickel era and with experienced, canny heads shoring up the core of the team, we might have the ticket back to the top. The addition of the new and raw 20 year old New Zealander Jamie Hamilton as manager will be a welcome experience for the entertaining and uplifting Dynamo Ultras who hopefully will be more receptive to the Kiwi's methods more than their previous boss Christian Fiel. We will be looking for the Ultras to create a threatening and intimidating atmosphere for all away sides that encounter us.

Club History in Titles:
8 GDR Titles
6 GDR Cups
1 3.Liga
1 German Divison North East South

Club Information:
Stadium: Rudolf-Harbig Stadion was built in 1923 and has a capacity of 32,123 seats.
Average training facilities
Good youth facilities
Basic youth recruitment
Saschen derby with Erzgebirge Aue
Club Legends - Hans Juergen Kriesche and Ralf Minge (current DOF) both club legends and players as well as managers.
Reinhard Hafner and Klaus Sammer both have been players and managers as club legends.
Hans Juergen Dorner and Matthias Doschner are the player club legends

Objectives:
Reach the top half of Bundesliga 2
DFB-Pokal Cup second round as minimum

Club Vision:
Work within a wage budget
Sign players to sell for a profit
Min 2 year contracts for first-team players
Sign players under the age of 23 for the first team

Staff Signings:
Asistant manager Uwe Grauer

Season Preview:

1590576556246.png

We have been predicted to finish 10th out of 18 sides and I think this is a realistic benchmark to aim for. We have a younger side than most but we have the consistent performers who are hitting their peak years and will be very important to us and our future success. I will look to play a 3-2-2-2-1 or a 3-2-2-1-2 which will see Ehlers in the middle of a back 3 with his ball playing skills and youth spearheading in the libero role. Our wing backs will be fundamental and as this is a very new tactic and formation to me I will be using them across a variety of roles to try and get the best out of them. My two attacking midfielders of Atik and Horvath will provide attacking flair, threat and creativity up to the main man Jeremejeff.

In the next post, I will be introducing you to the team in a "Meet the team special" and unveiling our formation in its glory before powering into the season and its fortunes. The board are looking for us to be maintaining a top half position for a few years to come and I believe that is achievable but I won't limit ourselves there and I will be aiming to get promoted in three to five years as we have a brilliant core of loyal and talented players who have the potential to become top division players. I am not as focused on the Cup in my first season as I would like to assess where we are in the league and where we will need to strengthen to become a strong candidate for promotion. The club vision is promising and something I am looking forward to abiding by and hoping to improve through the seasons. I have decided to make no signings to the current squad as Dynamo have already brought in 6 players and let go of 9 so I do not want to rock the boat with any more outgoings or incomings. I believe in my squad and believe that they will be very competitive in our first season together as we aim for a solid start to the season.

1590585061148.png

As a team, we are looking forward and anticipating a great following from the Dynamo ultras as well as the hardcore fans around the world. We will do you proud everywhere we go!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and you can expect more posts in the near future as we recap the 2019/2020 Dynamo Dresden season. Up the DYNAMO!

Attachments

• 1590576351224.png
    1590576351224.png
    854.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 1590576388374.png
    1590576388374.png
    865.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 1590576406976.png
    1590576406976.png
    835.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 1590576466557.png
    1590576466557.png
    816.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 1590576511017.png
    1590576511017.png
    851.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I'm looking forward to reading this. It's a good start. I know a little about Dresden as Osnabruck are one of my wee (Small) teams I keep an eye out for. An update on how they get on would be great too. :ROFLMAO:

I'm looking forward to reading this. It's a good start. I know a little about Dresden as Osnabruck are one of my wee (Small) teams I keep an eye out for. An update on how they get on would be great too. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you mate for reading this, there will be more very soon. I will keep across the adventures of Osnabruck and try to give some little details and updates to how they go and play. Hopefully they don’t get in my way for my mission for promotion.

Btw I noticed Dresden had a cracking pyro display at the weekend. Not looking good for them IRL but yeah good luck again with this.

Key Players:

AF0EBF15-D43F-40F9-8746-D1E16D195234.png

The diminutive Turkish 24 year old attacking midfielder will be at the helm of all our attacks and he will dictate how we play especially down the middle of the pitch. His well rounded technical ability and physical strength are both superseded by his vision at 14 and his flair at 17 which will influence our creativity. He has scope to improve and will be a useful player down the line.

1967261B-E172-482D-AA89-41E418788434.png

Why can't he be here permanently?! His playmaking ability and overall work rate/ mental attributes are second to none and at 21 he has a fantastic future ahead of him. In a heavily dominated midfield, he will constantly win the battle and hopefully provide assists and goals in partnership with Atik. He also has a superb technical ability which could make him the leading contender on free kicks and corners. A star player holding all the cogs all at 21.

ABBB8815-5617-4BA2-AFE8-8A3E869C49A1.png

Another exciting prospect for the Ultras to cheer on. Ehlers at 18 is a gem with incredibly strong mental attributes and a defensively strong minded centre back. If he continues to progress at the rate he is currently on we may not see too much of him. But he is a perfect centre back that can line up in a 3 man defence or in a two man centre back defence as a ball playing defender. His ability to string passes and tackle with intent makes him a strong centre back and certainly a player that will blossom into a star.

8CE5725F-1CE2-4B24-8285-1B6B2989ADA0.png

The former Malmo striker who has rubbed shoulders palms with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks like a leading Bundesliga 2 striker. His height and speed allow him to be flexible when playing as the lone striker or in fact as the target man to an advanced forward. Jeremejeff is capable of performing multiple roles thanks to his all round consistent attributes and ability. The Swedish frontman is only 25 and has the potential to be our main man if he can improve his agility, aggression and his decision making so that he is incisive in front of goal - he is a good'un.

CAB1D05A-9ABF-43E0-A4E5-680E162B44D4.png

Kreuzer is the type of player all managers crave for. A mix between defence and attack as well as useful stamina and work rate added to his experience and a wise head. His threat going forward is almost stronger than his defensive skills and this will be handy when we deploy our wide defenders as wing backs slightly further forward. He will have competition though with Linus Walqhvist 4 years younger and is a real prospect in that wing back role. Kreuzer doesn't jump out at you but his versatility, adaptability and potential consistency make him a great commodity.