Director of Football Yes/No (whats the point?)

Nisbet

Reaction score
Is there any point in a director of football?

Do you have a director of football?

I currently have a director of football (Thierry Henry). I appointed him not long after I took control. I thought it was quite good as a novelty as its the first time that you could do it. I am now in the frame of mind that its the most pointless thing in the game. His contract is up at the end of the season and I don't think it'll be getting renewed.

I also don't like that there is someone's name above mine who I can hire and fire...

Thoughts?

View attachment 293428

I have one as sometimes they can find ncie little bargains in the transfer market or to sell players who I can't sell, I find them useful but it depends on which type of manager you are

I have what looks like one of the best DoF's you can get and Im of the opinion its the most useless position in the game...

I've had some pretty good experiences with my DoF so far. The DoF I had while at Brechin, Nick Crittenden, signed some very good players. Including a 19 yo. from Manchester United, and a former Scottish international left winger. Then I changed to Volyn, where they already had a DoF, and that guy went to sign two Ukranian national players for bread crums, who I would've never found on the free market. And now I'm at Fiorentina, and so far my DoF has signed two Portuguese youngsters who's already in around my first team, and he signed a Paraguayan cm who's been absolutely shattering the Serie A so far.

All in all, I'm fairly happy with them.

I've had some pretty good experiences with my DoF so far. The DoF I had while at Brechin, Nick Crittenden, signed some very good players. Including a 19 yo. from Manchester United, and a former Scottish international left winger. Then I changed to Volyn, where they already had a DoF, and that guy went to sign two Ukranian national players for bread crums, who I would've never found on the free market. And now I'm at Fiorentina, and so far my DoF has signed two Portuguese youngsters who's already in around my first team, and he signed a Paraguayan cm who's been absolutely shattering the Serie A so far.

All in all, I'm fairly happy with them.

I agree with DaSiimM. If you do all, or most of the selling and buying, then your DoF is not doing the work for you, so then it will be better to get rid of him.