FM2010 Norwich game

Klobo

Reaction score
Just started a game as my team Norwich with the new update. Promotion could be difficult with the squad you start with!

Yes will be.

Try to get a cupple of loans.

May i reccomend John Fleck - get him for about 2million. Becomes world class.

Perhaps try to sell most of ur reserves for a bit of cash.

Goodluck. Looking forward to updates on ur thread.

Not the 'L' word!

Spent most of the last 3 seasons supporting them in real life with a team mostly made up of loans lol Oh well, with a transfer budget of 500k needs must i suppose! lol

Ha Ha.

Sell useless U18 and reserves and buy a real goal scorer ( Fleck is a good young star )

I am trying to sign Leroy Lita on a free transfer, but with Wolves and Reading sniffing around Im not holding out much hope :(

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Results:
Dereham Town 0-2 Norwich City (Russell, Renton)
Lowestoft Town 0-6 Norwich City (Martin, Hoolahan, Clingan, Daley (2), Davey)
Linfield 0-3 Norwich City (Cureton (2), Hoolahan)
King's Lynn 0-5 Norwich City (Clingan, Russell, Cureton, Hoolahan, Fotheringham)
Rotherham 2-1 Norwich City (Pattison)
Crystal Palace 2-0 Norwich City

Signings:
Not managed to bring in many new faces so far. Had hopes of bringing in Leroy Lita on a free transfer, but despite bids from Wolves and Reading he chose to sign for Leeds. Of the 3 signings I have made so far, its a mixture of experience and youth.

In's:
Ian Walker (free)
Dwight Yorke (free)
Matej Rapnik (free)

Out's
Damon Lathrope (loan to Tamworth)
Simon Lappin (100k to Nottingham Forest

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

August:
Huddersfield Town 0-4 Norwich City (Cureton, Clingan, Martin, Russell) League
Port Vale 1-2 Norwich City (Cureton, Nelson) Carling Cup 1st Round
Norwich City 0-0 Leyton Orient League
Millwall 1-2 Norwich City (Cureton (2)) League
Norwich City 0-3 Ipswich Town (Stefanovic S/O) League Cup 2nd Round
Norwich City 2-1 Leeds United (Cureton (2)) League

Currently joint top of the league, with Cureton top of the goalscorers charts.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:42 PM ----------

September:
Burton Albion 2-1 Norwich City (Hoolahan) Johnstone's Paint Trophy
Yeovil Town 2-2 Norwich City (Fotheringham, Martin) League
Norwich City 0-0 Brighton League
Norwich City 0-1 Colchester United League
Southampton 1-2 Norwich City (Fotheringham, Renton) League

September hasnt been quite the walk in the park that August was. I always seem to struggle in cup competitions, especially against lower league teams. Any tips on over coming that greatly recieved! Pleased to finish the month with a good win though and currently sit 4th, 2 points behind leaders Charlton.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

October:
Norwich City 1-0 Gillingham (Varela) League
Carlisle 1-2 Norwich City (Fotheringham, Martin) League
Walsall 0-1 Norwich City (Russell) League
Norwich City 0-0 Wycombe League
Charlton 1-0 Norwich City League

Last edited:
good luck mate, norwich are always **** in cups for me as well just like real life then.

It hurt getting knocked out by Ipswich lol

The title and promotion race could not be closer heading into March!

Norwich forced to settle for second season in League One after being beaten 3-2 on aggrette in the play off semi final. Norwich looked odds on for automatic promotion, but a disastrous run of form in the last six games saw them drop back into the play off pack.

Unlucky mate .:(
You'll get Promoted next year with a couple of signings!

very unlucky thats for sure. new season should see you right at the top next season...just a quick question how do you go about taking screen shots?

Wow. All in one day. Welldone. You did well, Try and get more loans. ( Insua from liverpool is a great player!)

Joel. Can not wait for next season

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

very unlucky thats for sure. new season should see you right at the top next season...just a quick question how do you go about taking screen shots?

If ur on a PC you press the PrtSc
SysRQ Key

if ur on a laptop press the FN button or one next to CTRL and windows key and press the PrtSc key at the same time. Then go into paint press CTRL + V and hey presto!

If ur on a PC you press the PrtSc
SysRQ Key

if ur on a laptop press the FN button or one next to CTRL and windows key and press the PrtSc key at the same time. Then go into paint press CTRL + V and hey presto!

thats great that thanks :)

I was gutted, just couldnt afford to have the depth to fight to the end. Only have £500k transfer budget and the wage budget is tight from the beginning. Walker (19 clean sheets in 50 appearances) and Yorke (12 goals and 5 assists in 25 appearances turned out to be two great signings at this level though. I am still deciding whether to offer Yorke a new contract. He has had a really good season, but Im wondering if £1,900 a week could be better spent on someone younger? This season was quite a challenge due to have a small budget and the whole squad needing an overhaul. A third of my squad were under the age of 22 and about 2 thirds were not good enough for a regular first team place. Hopefully the board will be generous with next seasons budget, though I fear with the amount of money I have lost playing in League 1, the budget could get even tighter. My pre-season transfer targets, after being indentified by my scouts are:
Ariel Borysiuk Legia £600,000 DM/MC
Nathanial Clyne Rangers £350,000 DR
Kyriakos Papadopoulos Olympiakos £130,000 DC
+ A good cheap striker

Last edited:
hmm this may be too late but on my QPR game i signed sebastian abreu for free (i think?) or extremly cheap i dunt really remember, but all i know is that he was awesome on the first season (ascended) and even got to sell him for 5M after that.. you should check where he is playing and his price rite now :p at least he worked pretty well for me

Norwich raid the free transfer market

Brought all these in on free transfers. Hopefully they will come good.

I am really struggling this season. Cant get a win to save my life. Really frustrating

As a norwich fan i always say i will be them when the game comes out but it looks to be a massive challenge, i know it aint ment to be easy but most of the team will have to change if you go up into the championship. Grant holt has been hard done by, he is much better than FM have made him out to be, same goes for Chris Martin and Wes Hoolahan, i guess this doesnt really help things. I am going to start a game with norwich now. Any suggestions for just starting the game, tactics?