• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompey_Dan

theboydonegood.net
Reaction score
Don't worry this isn't a thread about WAGS (surely the most glaring omission from FM2010 - SI take note!:P), no, instead it's about the most successful playing partnerships on the pitch.

I've long been a fan of the 4-4-2 formation, going back to my early CM playing days (I know it's a bit Mike Bassett but hey I'm a traditionalist!). The thing is 4-4-2 is built entirely on partnerships... the partnership between the two central defenders, or between the central midfielders or, most obviously of all, between the two strikers.

And history is littered with the names of these great partnerships... Bruce and Pallister, Shearer and Sheringham, Petit and Vieria, they alone can be the key to success. So instead of the usual, endless threads about the singular best players in the game... the question here is who have you found to provide the best link up in FM2010?

Whether it's the man-mountain clogger alongside the ball playing centrehalf, or the big man up front knocking it down for the nippy goal poacher at his feet, who complements who perfectly in your game?

Last edited:
Probably an obvious one - Edin Dzeko as a Complete Forward and Robin van Persie as a Poacher. May not seem an excellent partnership due to lack of pace, but in my Arsenal save they are ripping the league to shreds.

On the same file, but the other end of the pitch, the oh-so-intelligent Philippe Mexes and the oh-so-old William Gallas are a fine pair of centre-halves. Both strong players and tight markers - makes any strike partnership shiver.

On my Espanyol story, Ben Sahar as Poacher and Victor Obinna as Target Man got around 50 goals overall between them.

Rickie Lambert and Carlton Cole worked a treat, bagging 51 between the pair, but also Bellamy and Cole is great

I'm not sure exactly what was so great about them, but in the league alone, Stern John and Ebi Smolarek managed to rack up 56 goals between them for my Crystal Palace team in the Championship.

For me it has to be dzeko and aguero up front, obviously amazing together. Dzeko as an advanced forward and aguero as a deep lying forward, they managed 97 goals between them last season (dzeko scored 52, aguero 45)...i was hoping for 100 but close enough!

Kaboul and Ben Haim at centre back. Solid as. Ben Haim is intelligent and experienced and Kaboul is a great tackler and brilliant in the air.

VIlla and Higauin!

both of them has almost 1:1 goal raio and and around 0,5 per game assists.

Fellaini and Fabregas are legends together

Last edited:
Oscar Cardozo and Darren Bent have got 21 goals in just 7 games for my Wolves team also Nenad Milijas and Sergey Krivets are a good pair with 5 goals and 17 assists between them.

scannell and dindane i was shocked the two wouldn't stop scoring always setting each other up for tap in's after one did the running

My most succesful partnership so far is with celtic and it is with three players a ball winning midfielder being Willo Flood, the advanced playmaker Daniel Carvalho and my Deep Lying playmaker Marc Crosas

Between them they have played 54 games, 22 goals and 40 assists.

Also a good partnership for me is my wingers and lone striker

Maloney, McGeady and Goodwillie,

Between them 52 games, 47 goals and 19 assists. Goodwillie has no assists so it brings assists down a little but my central midfield make up for that.

Gary Cahill and Kryvstov in my Bolton save. Kryvstov is no nonsense type of player extremely physical unbeatable in the air while Cahill is very good at reading the game, he has incredible technique and a good passing range which is a plus.

There are three great partnerships in my opinon -

1- Torres and Robinho
2 - Torres and Aguero
3 - Phillip Mexes and Simon Kjaer

This is with liverpool

Striker

Dzeko and Torres ... using Dzeko as a target man due to this amazing first touch and set him "few" long range shots and play ball through "often" and having torres as a complete forward playing on the last defender cuz of his pace and finish he scored 49 goals in a season with Dzeko assists around 27 and scoring 20 himself .. great players together

Midfield

Gerrard and monster masch play amazing together as well .. with using gerrard as the playmaker and masch as the solid defensive midfielder, he is a work horse wont stop running but have him going in hard.. yeah he picks up alot of yellow cards but is good to sub him around the 60th min to bring some youth on or talent depending on the score

Defense

Carra and skrtel using .. these two are solid at the back dont make them move .. have carra as covering and skrtel as to main tackler cuz he is quicker then carra and will cut out plays and is a really good tackler but he doesnt do this much due to he monster masch normally gets them unless they use the wings

Hope this helps ppl struggling with liverpool.. and also dont forget partnerships are not just strikers, because yeah they get you goals but the players behind them set them goals up .. so look deep into your team and see who works well together.. Dont forget to make sure there "teamwork" level is high or else they will play "for themselves" then lose balls often etc

The best I have had so far has come with Newcastle.

Marek Sapara- Playmaker
Andy Carroll- Target Man
Amr Zaki- Poacher

They score about 60 goals between them. Zaki usually gets 25-30. Carroll will get 12-18 (Usually gets 15 assists). Sapara will get 10-14. I also have Jonas down the left and he can get up to 25 assists a season! (H)

On the demo I was Derby, up front Ebi Smolarek (complete striker) and Henri Camara (poacher) scored something like in 38 goals 23 games. Smolarek even scored 3 hattricks in 3 games!!

artem (31g) complete cardozo (26) complete neymar (20) amc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back