[FM22] A story of an unknown manager

skipozax

Reaction score

THIS IS MY STORY OF MY LAST SAVE GAME IN FOOTBALL MANAGER 2022. I DID SOME STORIES IN PREVIOUS FM GAMES SO I ASKED MYSELF: WHY NOT ALSO IN FM22. SO HERE IT GOES....

NK MARIBOR

JW2wFNxV_400x400.jpg.6aa4358cabc4185d2fd4506623d6c4c4.jpg

CLUB FULL NAME:
Nogometni klub Maribor

City: Maribor

Stadium: Ljudski vrt - 11.671 (2021)

d8b5fc7697d2b3a3890d39c7470a0f21.jpeg.1262195f2cc6a1c261d3f6850fc6b495.jpeg

Nogometni klub Maribor is the biggest club in Slovenia. The club was founded 12. december 1960. They played in Yugoslav leagues and later in Slovenian First legue, where they won the most Slovenian First league titles: 16. Most of any club in history of Slovenian football. NK Maribor is one out of only 2 clubs that have never fallen down to lower leagues.
Beside NŠ Mura (2021), NK Maribor are the only slovenian club that have played in European competitions:
Champions league 3x, Europa League 3x and winners of Intertoto cup in 2006

TROPHIES

PRVA LIGA SLOVENIJE 16* : ( 21/22*real life) , 18/19 , 16/17 , 14/15 , 13/14 , 12/13 , 11/12 , 10/11 , 08/09 , 02/03 , 01/02 , 00/01 , 99/00 , 98/99 , 97/98 , 96/97

SLOVENIAN CUP 9* : 15/16 , 12/13 , 11/12 , 09/10 , 03/04 , 98/99 , 96/97 , 93/94 , 91/92

SUPERCUP 4* : (not playing anymore) (2009, 2012, 2013, 2014)

*I allready did a few seasons so i will try to write everything whitout leaving anything out*

FIRST SEASON

The goals in the first season were: win the double and do as best as we can in Europe where we were in European conference qualifying. We had some players on LOAN and some of them i wanted to keep. I am not a big fan of loaning IN players.

TRANSFERS

IN
Screenshot_4.png

I was most excited by bringing in Federico Oliva from Atletico Madrid. He was one of my favourite young players.

OUT:
Screenshot_5.png

At the start of the season i got a Chelsea legend Branislav Ivanovic in for FREE. He was meant to be a backup defender but when i needed him in the first team he delivered. I let him go after the season cause of young talented players I had in my team.

LEAGUE
Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

The games we lost are because of rotating players. We were playing also in the cup and euro qual. We had a lot of highscoring games which was nice to see as it is proof of our good attack. We were also succesfull against our biggest rivals Olimpija:
4 games 4 wins - scoring total 12:1

Screenshot_1.png

Happy to see the end result in the League. We won by a big diff. of 33 points ahead of our rivals.
Screenshot_6.png

Ognjen Mudrinski was our top goalscorer in the league whit impressive 30 goals in 30 games. He added 4 assists and was awarded 10 MotM awards.

CUP

Screenshot_7.png

We did what we were expected to do. We won it whitout any troubles.

EUROPEAN CONFERENCE CUP

Screenshot_10.png

We made it to the Conference league league which was our goal. First time in history in this competition and we did pretty good. We were 6 points behind first Sparta Prague and had a 6 point lead in front of Valur.

OVERALL PLAYER STATS

Top Goalscorer:
Ognjen Mudrinski - 38
Most assists: Martin Milec - 20
Best Rating: Rok Kronaveter - 7.47
Most games played: Ažbe Jug - 50
Player of the year: Ognjen Mudrinski
Young player of the year: Nino Žugelj

SLOVENIA

I also played as Slovenian national team manager. My goal was to bring at least 1 national trophy for my homeland. I couldn't wait to see how one of our biggest national wonderkids would turn out: Benjamin Seško. We were successful in our campaign and qualify for the World cup 2022 in Qatar where we got a hard group whit: Argentina, Croatia and Senegal.
Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

Not bad for my first season.

2nd SEASON

New season new goals. We wanted to do the double in home competitions and try to qualify to the Champions League. It was an interesting campaign. Whit Slovenia I was playing in the National League C and in the World cup. We couldn't believe what happened in the end.

TRANSFERS

IN

Screenshot_12.png

Getting into the Champions league is a hard thing. We needed some new players to get there cause the team was not strong overall. I had some problems whit GK injuries so I loaned Mulalic from Domzale. I got Ljajic on free but he was bad overall and I let him go later in the season. I bought Mudrinski and Ivanovic that were on LOAN in the previous season and they were our key players. We signed some Slovenian talents. Except for Horvat the other 3 (Zaletel, Begič, Kolobaric) became my key players in starting 11. Kolobaric was signed as a backup for Mudrinski but he took his place in the starting 11 pretty quickly. Horvat was a disapointment.

OUT

Screenshot_13.png

We needed to raise some money for new players. We sold some young players that couldn't get a place in my team. I tried whit R. Beric as a backup striker but I sold him for some quick money. Talented Antolin was sold to get some more playing minutes so I can use him in the nation team. He couldn't get them in my team. Mitrovic left the club after years. I wanted a younger CB partnership and I sold him for some money.

SLOVENIAN LEAGUE

Screenshot_11.png

This year league was better and we lost only 1 game ! We wanted to broke the record for most points. We did it but i wanted at least 100 points. One of our league rivals Mura was relegated to the 2nd league and it was a surprise for everyone.
Screenshot_14.png

Slovenian first league top goalscorer was Nino Zugelj who didn't score as much as Mudrinski last year. He got 21 goals in 20 games whit 2 assists and 5 Potm awards.

Screenshot_15.png

Another year and our rivals still couldn't beat us.

CUP

Screenshot_16.png

And the double is ours! I used more young players in the cup and it was not a bad decision. And we beat our rivals on the way.

EUROPE
Screenshot_17.png

We couln't make to the Champions League. We lost against Olympiacos in the third round but were successful in the playoffs for Europa League. We got a nice group and we finished 2nd whit 11 points. 2 points behind Sevilla and 5 points infront of Nice. We got Milan in the knockout round where we tried our best but lost by 5 goals. We got kicked out in another first knockout round. Try again next year?

OVERALL PLAYER STATS

Top goalscorer: Nino Zugelj - 25
Most Assists: Martin Milec / Rok Kronaveter - 12
Best rating: Rok Kronaveter 7.56
Most games: Azbe Jug - 49
Player of the season: Vid Koderman
Young player of the year: Vid Koderman

SLOVENIA
What a year for the Slovenian national team ! ! !

Screenshot_18.png

We won it easy and off to National League B.

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_19.png

WHAT A CAMPAIGN ! ! ! We surprised everyone whit our playing. If it wasn't for B. Seško we wouldn't got as far as we did! We beat the top 3 nations from South America and then Belgium in the Final. Our fast counter tactic did charms ! I still can't believe what we did!

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image_2022-09-18_193918579.png
    image_2022-09-18_193918579.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_21.png
    Screenshot_21.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_22.png
    Screenshot_22.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_23.png
    Screenshot_23.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_25.png
    Screenshot_25.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_24.png
    Screenshot_24.png
    513.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_26.png
    Screenshot_26.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_27.png
    Screenshot_27.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_28.png
    Screenshot_28.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_29.png
    Screenshot_29.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 10

3RD SEASON

We wanted to build on our last season and finally get to the Champions league. I was thinking of leaving Slovenia because I didn't know if we can do anything bigger. Then I decided to go for the European Championship!

TRANSFERS

IN

Screenshot_21.png

I bought some young players again as I try to have a young successful team. As my first GK Azbe Jug was injured for a long period of time I didn't have any goalkeepers. I got a very good GK named Dahlberg who was way better then Jug was. Vekic and de Lucia came as backups.
Kaheem Parris came from Koper. He scored 25 goals together in previous 2 seasons.

OUT

Screenshot_22.png

Horvat was sold cause he was not as good as I expected and made some money on him. Ivanovic was sold because of his poor form in the end of last season. Azbe Jug left in the winter as I didn't need another GK and he lost his place against Dahlberg.

LEAGUE

Screenshot_23.png

Another successful year in the league. Our rivals didn't even make into Europe. A fun thing to see.

Screenshot_25.png

They tried but it didn't work. Should I play whit u19 to give them a chance ?

Screenshot_24.png

My front 3 were top goalscorers in the league. Kolobaric and Parris were very good signings.

CUP

Screenshot_26.png

Everything was fine until we came to the final. We had a lot of problems for the entire game and the game came to the penalties. We had a lot of luck but we won it ! ! !

EUROPE

Screenshot_27.png

We made it to the Champions league ! We beat Olympiacos in the playoffs and got the revenge we wanted. The group stage didn't go as we played. We got just 1 win and draw from a possible 6 games. Better luck next time I guess ?

OVERALL PLAYER STATS

Top Goalscorer: Dario Kolobaric - 33
Most assists: Mark Spanring - 10
Best rating: Nino Zugelj - 7.61
Most games played: Dario Kolobaric - 42 ( 2 )
Player of the season: Nino Zugelj
Young player of the season: Nino Zugelj

SLOVENIA

Another historic moment for my country! after a successful qualification we got to the European Championship. And . . .

Screenshot_28.png

Screenshot_29.png

What a campaign in the EURO ! And if we didn't have Seško I don't know what we could do. After a hard group stage we made it forward. We got all of the strong european teams in the latter stage and we stopped England in the Final after penalties . Football didn't came home i guess !

After 3 seasons I got a lot of job offers. I decided to resign from Slovenia and take on a new challenge and find another club. The big question is... where to go?

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_19.png
    Screenshot_19.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 9
4TH SEASON

I decided to leave the national team and NK Maribor to find a new challenge. After a lot of interviews I found a new club...

CRVENA ZVEZDA
(Red Star)

images

Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) is a club from the city of Beograd in Serbia. It is the biggest club in Serbia and a club whit the most league wins. Their biggest rivals are FK Partizan Beograd.
Crvena Zvezda is the only ex-Yugo club that has won the Champions league ( year 1991 ).

Fk_Red_Star_stadium.jpg

Stadium: Rajko Mitic - 53.000

My goals for the team were to win the League and cup and do my best in Europe.

TRANSFERS

IN

Screenshot_30.png

The team was not strong. I needed new players on allmost every position. I wanted 2 players from my ex club Maribor. Rotariu is a known player from previous FM games and I found out he was on transfer list and I acted quickly. He played very well and was one of my key players in winning the double. My personal best transfer was the loan of ex Crvena Zveda player Marko Lazetić from Milan.

Dorin Rotariu: 41 (8) games - 18 goals - 15 assists and 6 potm awards
Marko Lazetic: 36 (7) games - 27 goals - 9 assists - 4 potm awards

OUT

Screenshot_31.png

This are the players I sold just because I needed money to bring new players in.

SERBIAN SUPERLIGA

Screenshot_32.png

We were tied whit FK Partizan in first place in the preliminary round. I knew we were going to have a hard fight for the title.

Screenshot_33.png

It was tied to the very end until I had a game against FK Partizan where we won the title.

CUP

Screenshot_34.png

We won every game in Serbian Cup. It is a nice feeling when you defeat your biggest rivals in the Final.

EUROPE

Europe was not as nice as we wanted it. We lost in the Champions league 3rd qualification round against Fenerbahce whit 1-6 agg.
We then went to the Europa League playoffs and lost against Ferencvarosi 3-5 agg.
European conference league was much better then the other 2 competitions. We ended the group stages on first place whit 14 points and 5 points lead infront of Zorya. We went all the way to the quarter finals where we lost to the better team Club Brugge.

My favourite player in Crvena Zvezda? It has to be the young Nikola Stulic.
Screenshot_36.png

He had a dream season whit us.
Overall stats: 49 (2) games - 42 goals - 11 assists - 12 potm awards
Screenshot_37.png

He scored so many goals and even won the European golden shoe award in front of 2 great players.

OVERALL PLAYER STATS

Top Goalscorer: Nikola Stulic - 42
Most assists: Dorin Rotariu - 15
Best Rating: Nikola Stulica - 7.63
Most games played: Nikola Stulic - 49 (2)
Player of the Season: Nikola Stulic
Young player of the year: Nikola Stulic

What next for me in the 5 season? I got some interesting job offers but non was that appealing. I started whit the pre-season friendlies and then I got an interesting offer... I will tell who it is when I finish the season.​

5TH SEASON

GNK DINAMO ZAGREB

New season new club. I didn't like playing in the Serbian SuperLiga but I wanted to finish the season with them in style by winning the double. After I did what I promised I put myself in search for a new club. I was searching some time and no offers that I liked. The new season of Serbian SuperLiga almost started and I thought that I would have to stay in Serbia. And then I saw a job advert for a position of Dinamo Zagreb coach. I apply and HERE I AM.

HD-wallpaper-dinamo-zagreb-fc-logo-hnl-black-stone-soccer-croatia-dinamo-zagreb-football-asphalt-texture-football-club-fc-dinamo-zagreb.jpg

GNK Dinamo Zagreb is the most successful team in Croatia. Their biggest rivals are Hajduk Split.

23X CROATIAN CHAMPION 21/22* , 20/21 , 19/20 , 18/19 , 17/18 , 15/16 , 14/15 , 13/14 , 12/13 , 11/12 , 10/11 , 09/10 , 08/09 , 07/08 , 06/07 , 05/06 , 02/03 , 99/00 , 98/99 , 97/98 , 96/97 , 95/96 , 92/93
*(in game: 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25)*

16X CROATIAN CUP WINNER 20/21 , 17/18 , 15/16 , 14/15 , 11/12 , 10/11 , 08/09 , 07/08 , 06/07 , 03/04 , 01/02 , 00/01 , 97/98 , 96/97 , 95/96 , 93/94
*(in game: 22/23, 23/24, 24/25)

Stadium: Maksimir - 35.123

I couldn't wait for the start of the season. It is a good team from where a lot of well known players came. Players like: Dani Olmo, Luka Modric, Dejan Lovren and many more.

TRANSFERS

IN

Screenshot_38.png

Screenshot_39.png

A lot of new players in the club. Some transfers were allready made before I came to the club so I couldn't do anything. I bought Stulic from my previous club Crvena Zvezda and it was a hit from the start! Adli, Adamu and Castillejo became my key players in my first season.
Some young players were brought in for the Dinami II team squad.

OUT
Screenshot_40.png

Screenshot_41.png

You can't buy players if you don't sell some. Sold both strikers and buy new younger attackers. Vanzeir was top goalscorer in the league with 14 goals per season but i prefer Stulic over him.

HRVATSKA PRVA LIGA
Screenshot_42.png

Happy playing with the team. As expected we were Champions. Was dominating the league from day 1 to the very end. Winning the league with that much points of advantage is lovely to see. And happy to see our rivals not making to the second place. If they were second they would be playing in Champions league qualifying with us. Istra was playing better then them and deserve the second place. They were harder to play against then playing against Hajduk.
Nikola Stulic was our top goalscorer whit 26 goals in the league. That was the 3rd most goals for the top goalscorer in history of the first league.
Screenshot_43.png

4 games and 4 wins against our rivals.

CUP
Screenshot_44.png

Pure domination in the cup where I used more young players than in the league. 5 games where we didn't conceived even a single goal !

EUROPE
Screenshot_45.png

Screenshot_46.png

Easy game against Slovakian champions and then we got Turkish champions. I didn't thought the games against them will be as easy as it was. I was expecting a harder challenge. But the better team won. We wanted to go to the Champions league knockout rounds but the Group was too hard for us. With Chelsea and Juventus I didn't expect much. It is a good thing we got Sturm Graz in our group so we got some points and money rewards. We finished on 3rd place with 6 points while Sturm ended with a 0.
We went to Europa League knockout rounds and look at who we got ! My ex team Crvena Zvezda. For me it was a MUST WIN game. My team showed who is the better team and we knocked them out of Europe. Hertha was bad at our first game but they surprised us in the second game and knocked us out. I hope we do even better next year.

OVERALL PLAYER STATS

Top goalscorer: Nikola Stulic - 34 goals
Most Assists: Mislav Orsic - 18
Best rating: Nikola Stulic - 7.54
Most games played: Ondrej Kolar - 53
Player of the season: Mislav Orsic
Young player of the year: Nikola Stulic

Me and the team went to a deserved break. I expect another double in home competitions and qualify to the Champions League group stage. Can we do it ?
I was preparing my plans for the next season. But will I stay with them another season? I am not active in searching for a new club or nation job but if a good opportunity arrives . . . Who knows what will happen ?!
*will post after completed season*​

Attachments

• Screenshot_38.png
    Screenshot_38.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_39.png
    Screenshot_39.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_40.png
    Screenshot_40.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_41.png