FMH 2014 lower leagues thread!

troythemac

Reaction score
Here you can post players who have worked for you, tactical ideas, stories of success, advice, questions, etc! I am currently managing Forest Green and am in my second season, now in League 2. Scored a lot of goals in Skrill premier and won the playoffs :) I posted this in the tactics thread, maybe in can help someone :)

i am in my second season with forest green, started in the skrill premier now in league 2. i have been able to recruit a few players, but feel like most of the work has been done on the back of my formation. i don't know if anyone is in to playing the lower leagues, but both my strikers had 35+ goals my first season with this formation, and i gained promotion. now i'm in league 2 and the other teams are a lot more talented but i'm managing to nick results and am currently in 7th after most of november.

The formation is a 4-1-1-2-2.

It looks like

----ST---ST----
-AML--------AMR--
-------CM-------
------CDM---------
-LB-CB---CB-RB--
-------GK--------

The player tactical roles are
Left Striker: Target man
Right Striker: Advanced forward, or poacher if you're confident of getting chances
AML: Wing
AMR: Wide Midfielder
CM: Box-to-box Mid
CDM: Ball-winning midfielder
Outside backs: FB
Center backs: Central Def

Now personally, i have tried to tweak the team instructions many times, but just leaving them all on normal when you start seems to work best for this tactic for me. LOTS of chances have been created. If you want to focus on getting some helpful players, i looked for CDM with relatively high tackling, and two wingers with good crossing/dribbling ability. the strikers got so many chances a game they had to score
smile.gif
i can screen shot some stuff from my phone one day, let me know if anyone tries this and how it works!

As far as players go, I think its good to invite a bunch of players in on loan when you first start off, i got Sean McGinty (LB from Sheff Utd) for the whole year and he was one of my best players. I also acquired Sean O'Connor for 20k from shamrock rovers, he is a winger with 18 crossing and 16 dribbling, my scouts didn't give him much love but he got 40 assists in a full season with me. however my biggest signing has been the one i made since entering league 2, when i got osman sow from crystal palace on a bosman :) he's only on $1500 a week for me, and already has 13 goals and 6 assists in 21 games. With 15 heading, 15 crossing, 16 teamwork he can do damage in lower leagues, plus is pretty young at 24...

Nice write-up.

Random question but does anyone know why I haven't been entered in the Spanish Cup for about 7 years? I was in Segunda B2 (Burgos) then Castellon (B3) and now in Adelante. At first I thought it was because I was in the lower leagues, but other Adelante clubs are in the cup. Is this a bug?