Reaction score
Aims of This Story

• Manage Kilmarnock Football Club
  • Manage in the English Premier League
  • Win a major trophy
  • Manage a club in a European Competition
  • Scotland Manager

Following the dream...

I've decided to prove all the doubter's wrong, prove to them that just because my football playing day's are over, doesn't mean my football career is over. I may still be young and have a lot to prove but Im going to pursue my dream still in football, all be it in different circumstance's that orignally planned - but still im going to become a Football Manager .

I know it's not just as easy as walking into a job, i've got no experiance and little knowledge of that area of the game but i've got go for it. I will apply for every job in the world until I get my chance, somewhere out there is a club waiting for Scott Muir to come and prove himself worthy.

After weeks and weeks of applying, I finally got my big break! I was called up on a sunday evening about the recent vacancy of Northen Irish Premier League side Cliftonville. They seemed impressed with my CV and was wanting an interview tommorow - Fantastic, a premier league side. What an opportunity, I couldnt let this slip away.

The interview went well - So well infact I was offered the job on the spot, they was impressed of my determination and desire I had to bring to the club and both us only wanted the best. I was given a one year deal with an optional year at the end if everything go's to plan.

I achieved my first aim, my first goal - become a football manager! It was time to show the world what Scott Muir could do.

29fwbwj.png

35d801u.png

Cliftonville Football Club
Year Founded - 1879
Stadium Capacity (Solitude) - 5,000
Fierce Derbies - Crusaders (Northen Belfast Derby)

Transfer Budget - £2,600
Wage Budget - £3,100

Season Objectives - Title Challenge

With only a short time before the beginning of the new Northen Irish season, I knew it was vital to get a few friendlies in to get time for the team to get in shape and see what's available to me. Knowing the board was expecting a serious title challenge this season told me that I had to get results and was hoping to get a few friendly wins before the big Northen Belfast Derby against Crusaders.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Glebe Rangers 1 - 1 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 0 - 1 Scunthorpe

Ok, so not exactly what I was looking for. It was clear the team needed some fresh faces to fill some rolls as between the two games it was clear that something was missing. Although as disspointing as the results was, the performance in the first half against Scunthrope did show me there was something there to be found, we kept the ball well and threatened. Just need to do more of it, is all. Anyway, knowing I needed players I brought in a few -

Transfers -

Ryan Wallace (Striker) - Free Transfer
Chris Fagan (Striker) - Free Transfer
Ben Webster (Centre Midfielder) - Free Transfer
Aaron Callaghan (Full Back) - Free Transfer
Aidan Downes (Attacking Midfielder) - Free Transfer

It had been one **** of a busy week, getting used to the new job, bringing in new signings, two friendlies and getting the team ready for the new season but it's here. Tommorow I will take charge of my first competive game as a manager and it couldnt get much bigger, who would believe it? My first game in charge would be the Northen Belfast Derby. It's time to get this party started....

9t38rq.png

Cheer's mate, I already know the result ;)! Im just doing a monthly update! You will find out soon enough!

August Update

Cracking month, I cant hide my delight with my first month in charge of Cliftonville. Top of the league, undeafeted and a big victory over our fierce rivals Crusaders. The full of Cliftonville is bouncing with the start of the season we've had and let's hope it continues. I've even picked up the "Manager of the Month" award. Can you believe that? My first month of management and I pick up the award.

ie4d4y.png

It's a dream start and it all started with our famous win over arch rivals Crusaders in the North Belfast Derby. The atmosphere was one I've never experianced before - as a player or a fan. It was just wild, the fans was so passionate, especially for a small attendance. I was honoured just to be apart of it, but to get a result out of the game was even better.

2yught5.png

We then carried the momentum throughout this game onto our next against Newry City who we thrashed in an excellent home peformance. Next up was the Northen Irish County Antrim Shield and we was drawn against 1st division side Carrick Rangers. A game where I was able to give some of the young players a chance to prove themselves and rest some of my key players, not like you would of noticed the difference as we ran out with a comfortable winners to put us in the Quarter finals.

A few days later we had a tough away game to current League Cup holders Glentoran. Always a tough fixture and some fans even consider it a derby in it's own right. Thank-fully resting my players during the Carrick Rangers game seemed to pay off as we came away with the three points again to keep us undefeated and a 100% record.

The final game of the month was against Lisburn Disterilly who had also began well in the league with two wins out of three. I still expected the three points however and especially at home and that's exactly what we got, we controlled the game for most of it and got the only goal in the first half to put us five points clear at top of the table.

6p7rso.png

Ok, im trying not to get carried away here, but really I mean come on! My first month in management and look where we're sitting in the league. Undefeated, 100% record and five points clear and a successful away win over our arch rivals..I wasnt lying when i said "Let's get this party started"

(Decided, after this I aint going to do monthly updates. Maybe every 3/4 months - not sure but dont worry I will keep them coming.)

(As I said, I would change the updates, Im gonna do it every season or six months!)

Season One Review

14bm638.png

September -

Portadown 1 - 2 Cliftonville

(Co.Antrim Shield Quater-Final)
Donegal Celtic 1 - 2ae Cliftonville

Cliftonville 1 - 0 Coleraine

(League Cup 2nd Round)
Limavady United 0 - 2 Cliftonville

Cliftonville
3 - 0 Dungannon

Donegal Celtic 0 - 1 Cliftonville

2l9tg87.png

October -

Cliftonville 3 - 3 Linfield

Glenovan 0 - 1 Cliftonville

(Co.Antrim Shield Semi-Final)
Lisburn Distillery 1 - 2 Cliftonville

(League Cup 3rd Round)
Ballymoney United 0 - 1 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 1 - 0 Ballymena United

Didn't win the award this month, came second after a very good month for Glenatoran who won all three of there games during the month, even though I played more games but cant be greedy all the time.

November -

Cliftonville 1 - 1 Crusaders

Newry City 1 - 2 Cliftonville

(Co.Antrim Shield Final)
Cliftonville 2 - 0 Linfield

Cliftonville 0 - 2 Glentoran

Lisburn Distillery 0 - 0 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 1 - 1 Portadown

Was gutted to finally be beaten, and even more so when we wasnt able to find form straight away and bounce back with a win - Our seven point lead at top of the table was cut down to just three points but on the positive side, my first piece of silverware with a famous win over rivals Linfield to win the Irish County Antrim Shield.

December -

(League Cup Quarter-Final)
Lisburn Distillery 0 - 0p Cliftonville

Dungannon 2 - 4 Cliftonville

Coleraine 2 - 2 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 2 - 0 Donegal Celtic

Linfield 1 - 1 Cliftonville

Good enough month to keep me top of the table going into the new year and even by four points as Linfield slipped up with another draw. Im just starting to believe that this is possible, oh and another semi final - really couldn't complain.

January -

Cliftonville 1 - 0 Glenovan

Ballymena United 1 -3 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 1 - 0 Newry City

Glentoran 0 - 2 Cliftonville

(Irish Cup 4th Round)
Cliftonville 0 - 0 Queens University

(Irish Cup 4th Round Replay)
Queens University 1 - 2 Cliftonville

Crusaders 2 - 1 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 1 - 2 Lisburn Distillery

(League Cup Semi-Final)
Ballaninamallard United 2 - 3 Cliftonville

The Crusader's game was hard to take, losing the North Belfast Derby was something I just didn't want to experiance, it was tough and then to lose at home straight after wasnt exactly the form I was looking for going into a League Cup Semi Final. We dug deep and came out on top too book ourselves in the final and at the end of the month, I was even get linked to Rangers! Nice to see my good form was being noticed.

22zv3d.png

February -

72sqkh.png

Portadown 0 - 0 Cliftonville

(Irish Cup 5th Round)
Armagh 2 - 3 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 3 - 1 Coleraine

Donegal Celtic 2 - 1 Cliftonvill
e

That's right, I was approached by Motherwell at the start of the month and I've got to be honest, I delayed it week after week because I was really considering it as I knew it was a step up. A chance to manage in the Scottish Premier League. In the end, I turned it down - the chance of winning my first league title was enough to keep me at Cliftonville. Although It wasn't that much a great month as I only picked up four points out a possible nine - meaning there was only two points in it at the top of the table.

March -

Cliftonville 3 - 1 Dungannon

(Irish Cup Quater-Final)
Bangor 1 - 0 Cliftonville

(All Ireland Cup Quater-Final Leg 1)
Cliftonville 2 - 3 Derry City

Glenovan 0 - 2 Cliftonville

Ballymena United 4 - 1 Cliftonville

(All Ireland Cup Quarter-Final Leg 2)
Derry City 2 - 1 Cliftonville

Linfield 3 - 1 Cliftonville

Really not happy, what a terrible month. It seem's the tiredness of having such a small squad is starting to show and now's not the time to be slipping up with only a few games left to the end of the season. I dont know how, but I was still a point clear at the top of the table after this month, results must have went my way when I losing, however to cup exit's aswell. I wasn't pleased it was time to pick up and move on.

April -

(League Cup Final)
Institute 0 - 0p Cliftonville

Cliftonville
1 - 1 Glentoran

Glenavon 1 - 2 Cliftonville

Linfield 1 - 2 Cliftonville

Cliftonville 2 - 2 Portadown

28k2duh.png

Crusaders 0 - 1 Cliftonville

2965gl.png

The draw with Portadown was enough to win the Northen Irish Priemier League and do the double with Cliftonville. What an achievement for my first management job in charge, winning the league cup for only the second time in the clubs history and winning the league title, stopping the dominence of Linfield.

dosbus.png

I also achieved the "Manager of the Year" award after a some what fairytale beggining to my managerial career and intsantly was offered a new contract for a further two years with Cliftonville as my contract was up in a months time and I was all for it as it also meant I would have the chance to try and get Cliftonville in the group stages of Europe so I accepted.

May -

raaj4n.png

I saw this, i've gotta be honest - I was in a pickle. One of my dream aims is to manage Kilmarnock, my supported team since i've been a kid but I also wanted to experiance managing a team in Europe which I would if I stayed for an extra year with Cliftonville. I decided not to apply for the job and commit myself to Cliftonville, but ofcourse being known as a Kilmarnock supporter and with my recent success with Cliftonville, I was hot favourite for the seat an before you knew it they approached me with the job.

I know I said I had commited myself to Cliftonville and didn't apply, which is true but the fact the job offer was right infront of me it was extremely hard to choose, I couldn't take the decision lightly. I had have time to think about it, but then il be honest it just hit me and immediatly I made my mind up, I had made my decision....

Season Two Preview

mc860z.gif

Kilmarnock Football Club
Founded - 1869
Stadium Capacity (Rugby Park) - 18,000
Fierce Rivals - Ayr United (Ayrshire Derby)

20f3lti.jpg

As you can see I made my decision, it may have been different to what other's would of done due to the fact of European football with Clintonville but I just couldn't pass down the opportunity to manage my loved Kilmarnock. I said at the beggining about my aim's and i've accomplised one of them now, become Kilmarnock manager. Sure I could of accomplished another by taking Clintonville into Europe, but who say's I cant just do that with my beloved Killie? Anyway's become Kilmarnock manager can now be ticked off my list as I look foward to a successful reign over my boyhood supported team.

Season Two Review

2ldeeye.gif

Pre-Season -

Cliftonville 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

Wycombe 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

Preston North End 1 - 2 Kilmarnock

Charlton Athletic 0 - 1 Kilmarnock

Lisburn Distillery 1 - 3 Kilmarnock

Transfers -

Maik Taylor (Goalkeeper) - Free
Jason Talbot (Defender) - £40k from Livingston
Adebayo Akinfenwa (Striker) - Free
Robbie Blake (Striker) - Free
Adam Reed (Midfielder) - Free from Sunderland

I couldn't resist arranging a friendly with Cliftonville and they seemed reluctant to accept, after various attempts and making the date just two days after my appointment as Kilmarnock manager, they accepted. My players where tried and not fit, but they still gave a good game and I was happy with a draw.

Through out the friendlies, with little transfer budget I knew I had to strengthen the young squad by bringing on some experianced players and I was able to pick up a few on free transfers which pleased the supporters.

August -

Aberdeen 0 - 2 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 3 - 1 Dunfermline

(League Cup 2nd Round)
East Fife 1 - 5 Kilmarnock

Hearts 2 - 2 Kilmarnock

A good start to my Kilmarnock career in my opinion, still undefeated and through to the next round of the League cup. Sitting 2nd in the league and really nothing to complain about. Been a fantastic start.

September -

Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Celtic

Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Hamilton

(League Cup 3rd Round)
Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Hamilton

Dundee United 2 - 1 Kilmarnock

A month which came with frustrations, equalised in the 90th minute against Celtic, only to concede straight after it to lose the game, but we bounced back with two wins over Hamilton and put's us in the next round of the cup - the defeat to Dundee United was dissapointing but this was a sign of things to come for Dundee United.

October -

Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Motherwell

Kilmarnock 1 - 1 St Mirren

Hibernian 1 - 2 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Rangers

(League Cup Quarter Final)
Celtic 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

Inverness 3 - 0 Kilmarnock

What a gutting way to end what had the possibility to be a cracking month! Eight points out of a possible twelve and a point off Rangers, heading into the Quarter Finals against Celtic where we hadn't won in over fifty years and we just didn't going. The score flattered us, we just wasnt at the races and the Inverness result just capped off another poor performance to end the month on a sour note.

November -

Kilmarnock 2 - 2 Aberdeen

Kilmarnock 1 - 3 Hearts

Dunfermline 1 - 3 Kilmarnock

Was looking for at least nine points this month or at the very least seven, but to only have four - I knew this team was needing some changes in January, it just wasnt working how I wanted it to.

December -

Kilmarnock 2 - 7 Celtic

Hamilton 0 - 1 Kilmarnock

Motherwell 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Dundee United

Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Hibernian

Rangers 2 - 2 Kilmarnock

Shocking start to the month - I was absolute fizzing with the Celtic result, sure Celtic was good but once again we didn't show up! And I handed out a couple of fines to make sure we never saw a repeat of that and we did bounce back respectably with wins over Hamilton and Dundee United. We even ended the year with a draw at Ibrox, so I was happy with they way we re-acted from the Celtic game.

Although I must of been doing something right, because down south in England - papers and the bookmakers was linking me to the vacant Aston Villa job.

2ptz11s.png

January -

(Scottish Cup 4th Round)
Kilmarnock 3 - 0 Deveronvale

Kilmarnock 0 - 1 Inveress

St Mirren 2 - 0 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 2 - 2 Dunfermline

Hearts 3 - 1 Kilmarnock

Possibly, the worst month in my managerial career. Not one game I was pleased with, not even the cup game. I tried and tried to get player's in to try and change this mess we was in at the moment, but nobody would come due to our finances. There was in such a mess, couldn't even offer £500 for a wage. The new owner wasn't putting money into our club and I couldn't sell any either.

February -

Aberdeen 3 - 0 Kilmarnock

(Scottish Cup 5th Round)
Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Dundee United

(Scottish Cup 5th Round Replay)
Dundee United 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 0 - 3 Celtic

Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Hamilton

Dundee United 2 - 0 Kilmarnock

Now to be quite frank, around about here im starting to get really ****** off. Our player's arn't playing, injuries are costing me big time and the young player's who are filling in are just not cut for it as you can see by the results - but something this month happens what cheers me up. Once again, im linked down south but this time it's alot bigger than Aston Villa.

4shc9z.png

March -

Kilmarnock 0 - 0 Motherwell

Hibernian 2 - 0 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 0 - 0 Rangers

Inverness 0 - 1 Kilmarnock

Ok, basically what happened this month was tighten up the defence and just play counter even at home and it seemed to workish. We got another draw against Rangers and finally got a win at Inverness. Our young player's are struggling to find the net but hopefully this new tactic will pay off.

April -

Kilmarnock 2 - 0 St Mirren

Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Inveress

Hibernian 2 - 2 Kilmarnock

May -

Hamilton 1 - 4 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 2 - 2 Dunfermline

Motherwell 2 - 2 Kilmarnock

The final two months was nothing short than "urgh.." - But that was it. The season was over and I had finished 8th in the SPL. The goal this season was to finish mid-table so it's not that bad really. According to the board they was pleased with my performance this season and I was still contracted for another year with Kilmarnock.

1zfjvdk.png

Celtic ran away with the title and as I pointed out earlier, Dundee United overachieved this season by finishing 2nd. A very poor season for Rangers, which I was suprised not to see Martin Jol sacked.

Ok - So it was reasonable first season with Kilmarnock and throughout the season I was getting linked to not one but two English Premier League jobs so I must be doing right but it's not stopped yet as during the month I get linked to a few Championship sides.

s6q1qg.png

Im then even offered a job down south to Championship side Watford, who was just relegated from the Premier League this season.

148et52.png

I knocked back the Watford job, I was flattered by there interest, but Il be honest as much you may find me being greedy or what - I didn't want a Championship job, but I seen an opening which caught my attention.

Portsmouth who had been promoted to the Premier League in 2011 and had just survived in the Premier League by a point, lost there manager to the Hull City vacancy. I thought why not, I applied but il be honest I really wasnt expecting anything - The Kilmarnock board was fuming and demanded and apoligy.

I didn't want to leave on bad terms with Kilmarnock, so I apoligised but then the most awkward surpising news came in just a day later "Portsmouth Approach Muir". I couldn't believe it, Premier League side? This was my chance to make it in the big time. Manage in the best league in the world.

1zvabva.png

Season Three Preview

2wnpch3.jpg

Portsmouth Football Club
Year Founded - 1898
Stadium Capacity (Fratton Park) - 20,600
Fierce Rivals - Southampton

Objectives -

Avoid Relegation

Pre Season -

Motherwell 0 - 2 Portsmouth

Crystal Palace 0 - 4 Portsmouth

Macclesfield 0 - 1 Portsmouth

Transfers -

Matt Derbyshire (Striker) - £4,000,000
Lee Cattermole (Midfielder) - £3,500,000
James McCarthy (Midfielder) - £5,500,000
Elliot Bennett (Attacking Midfielder) - £2,300,000
Vito Mannone (Goalkeeper) - £1,200,000
Jonny Howson (Midfielder) - £4,700,000
Jamie Murphy (Midfielder) - £4,600,000
Craig Bellamy (Striker) - £350,000
Stilliyan Petrov (Midfielder) - £575,000
Artur Boruc (Goalkeeper) - £1,800,000

Ok, this story's over guys. I was doing it on football manager 11, just got football manager 12 today - so i've gotta start a fresh. I nearly achieved all the aims of this story anyways, but I would like to thank anyone who did follow tis story and any new ideas for a story that you would like to see with fm12, let me know. Once again thanks.

Ok, this story's over guys. I was doing it on football manager 11, just got football manager 12 today - so i've gotta start a fresh. I nearly achieved all the aims of this story anyways, but I would like to thank anyone who did follow tis story and any new ideas for a story that you would like to see with fm12, let me know. Once again thanks.

I enjoyed it dude, if you do plan on making another one I shall be following!

I enjoyed it dude, if you do plan on making another one I shall be following!

Cheer's mate, any story ideas you would likie to see in the future?

My current save at the moment is West Ham and im top of the championship, but im not looing to start a story with it really..

Cheer's mate, any story ideas you would likie to see in the future?

My current save at the moment is West Ham and im top of the championship, but im not looing to start a story with it really..

Well I saved a couple for myself, but you can pick one:

Bochum - Return to the Bundesliga?

Udinese - a great team to play as

I'd like to see something different, like a Portuguese or a Danish League story, something out of the ordinary.

I have a superb idea for a story, but I may keep it for myself, that of Real Oviedo. They are the highest placed team in the all-time La Liga table, yet are in the Segunda division B, a return to glory!

Nice choice and good luck with da best side down south PUP