mata10

Reaction score
Hello, I'm thinking about purchasing football manager 14 this year as Fifa 14 is basically the same as the previous year. Before I preorder it, I wanted to know if I can play Football Manager without connecting to the internet/steam. Because after 12th of november, I won't be able to access internet for a couple of months, but would I still be able to play the game?

Hello, I'm thinking about purchasing football manager 14 this year as Fifa 14 is basically the same as the previous year. Before I preorder it, I wanted to know if I can play Football Manager without connecting to the internet/steam. Because after 12th of november, I won't be able to access internet for a couple of months, but would I still be able to play the game?
Yep - you just need internet to download the game.

Yes, moreover i think if you buy the retail copy you dont even need to have steam downloaded.

It might actually be the case that you still need to go online with Steam on one occasion or another, like if he terms and conditions of STEAM changes and gheyh need you to accept them once more ( happend in 2012)

It might actually be the case that you still need to go online with Steam on one occasion or another, like if he terms and conditions of STEAM changes and gheyh need you to accept them once more ( happend in 2012)
Or things like downloading patches...

But maybe for the patches and steam terms and conditions you can use the Internet on your cellphone or something. 3g is slow but if you dont have another source of internet it could just do the trick.

Oh sweet, I will try to get the patches and stuff on those 12 days. THANK YOU ALL! Was devastated when I read the requires steam part.

Oh sweet, I will try to get the patches and stuff on those 12 days. THANK YOU ALL! Was devastated when I read the requires steam part.

Does your cellphone has 3g. If so most of them have the option to operate as a wi-fi router and you could connect your pc through your phone. If you are in a hurry for internet.

Does your cellphone has 3g. If so most of them have the option to operate as a wi-fi router and you could connect your pc through your phone. If you are in a hurry for internet.

I am going overseas for a couple of months, no 3g haha.

I am going overseas for a couple of months, no 3g haha.

I had to also travel last year and there were many instances when I had no internet. What you can do, is go into your steam library folder and launch the game directly from there. You don't need steam to play offline. You will only need steam to update to the new patches.

I had to also travel last year and there were many instances when I had no internet. What you can do, is go into your steam library folder and launch the game directly from there. You don't need steam to play offline. You will only need steam to update to the new patches.

Sweet, thanks man. I was worried that I pre-ordered the game and after a week I won't be able to play, and by the time I return in two months time the price will go down and everything. But it's all good I have something to keep me company for two months.