Nick224688

Reaction score
Hey, i need some proper help with my team because for some reason i dont seem to be winning many of my matches even the ones against teams i should beat easily. I am in my 1st season with my team AFC Telford in the blue square north league. My starting 11 are as followed;

GK - Ryan Young
LB - Shane Killock
CB - John Schofield
CB - Stuart Whitehead
RB - Lee Vaughan
CM - Assan Hammouti
CM - Richard Davies (loan)
LAM - Eric Farro
CAM - Partick Vas
RAM - Stephen Thompson
ST - Lee Roache or Andy Brown

Also the formation if you havent guessed i have used is a 4-2-3-1.

I need any help possible :S

Have you checked team and individual player instructions? I found even making the smallest changes can make the difference. Or have a browse through the downloadable tactics section

Going with a lone striker isnt the way forward in LLM. A lower quality player struggles to do it all on his own. 4-4-2 to begin with until you get your hands on more quality.

I believe someone had a Telford tactic knocking about somewhere, you should try and find that.

ok got it :) so ill go back to the original 4-4-2 & also ill search for downloadable tactics for low teams cheers

a slow tempo might be a good idea as it will help to stop you're players getting too tired and it will give them more time to make desicions. also playing with 2 up front is alot more beneficial as that way if one of your strikers is off form then you're not necessarily going to lose as the otehr might have a good game.

I've never been that much into slow tempo build up, I'm more of a quick, hassling, direct counter attacking man, so I couldnt possibly comment on that.

Do you play wide? Is you striker a Target man?

I tried the hassling tactic a few times, but got stupid number of yellow cards, and the players tired quicker. All for free-flowing attack. Lost the ball too many times when using a slow tempo

i totally agree on 4-4-2 tactics for llm but if you cannot find another striker or do not have a budget for a good one you should do the following:

mentality: control

ST - quick foward Attack
CAMs - 1st cm support 2nd cm automatic

it does work really well with my shrewsbury team