Football Manager 2012 "A serious error has occurred" on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaz Phillips

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently purchased FM 2012 and am trying to run it on my brand spanking new computer for the first time, I have been playing FM 2011 with no problems for the last few weeks, and after installing the new FM I am getting this error message when i try to start the game.

"A serious error has occurred and the application will close. An error files has been generated in..."

And thats it. No startup and no game :(

Like i said, the computer is brand new and I have been playing Crysis / FM 2011 / Call of Duty all without any problems or glitches, so seems weird that FM 2012 wont work at all! Any advice out there as to how i can get the game working? I need my fix of the new game :(

Thanks all! Hope you have some suggestions for me

Can you be more specific with the error please.

An error file has been generated in:C:/users/user/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2012/crash dumps/FM 2012 v12.0.2.230123 (2011.10.25 12.32.21).

my game was running fine yesterday and now it says this when i try to run the game i downloaded via steam

Did that with me, I just ran the task manager, ended the Steam process and re-opened FM and it has worked fine since. I only lost about a week as well because I set mine to save every 2 weeks because of obvious issues.

i have the same problems here.. game was running fine earlier today until the steam did an auto update.. but then i did update my avg to avg2012, is that the problems? crashing cause of anti virus?

i tried to end the steam process and restart but doesnt work.. anh help?

Ive just tried uninstalling and re installing but that didn't work!

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Got it..... go on steam right click on football manager 2012, properties, local files, verify integrity of of game cache....

then it hopefully should work for you!

Ive just tried uninstalling and re installing but that didn't work!

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Got it..... go on steam right click on football manager 2012, properties, local files, verify integrity of of game cache....

then it hopefully should work for you!

yup bro, i did the same thing too, steam downloaded some items missing and its good to go.. have fun playing again..

I've tried everything that has been suggested and my game still wont launch.

FM 2012 v12.0.2.230123 (2011.10.25 18.55.04).dmp

That is what comes up.

Any other suggestions ?

An error file has been generated in:C:/users/user/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2012/crash dumps/FM 2012 v12.0.2.230123 (2011.10.25 12.32.21).

haveing the same problem tryed everything but still cant play the game and had it since friday :S

I've downloaded the game and i have the same error but can't fixe it help please =(

You might have to verify the game cache more than once, I had to do it twice. The game had been running fine for about a week when I got the same error, but after verifying its fine.

THIS IS WHY I NEVER USED STEAM BEFORE, WHAT A LOAD OF ****!! NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH OTHER EDITIONS

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

JUST HAD TO VALIDATE IT 3 TIMES IT FINALLY WORKED... KEEP DOING THAT UNTIL IT SAYS ALL FILES HAVE BEEN VALIDATED!

THIS IS WHY I NEVER USED STEAM BEFORE, WHAT A LOAD OF ****!! NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH OTHER EDITIONS

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

JUST HAD TO VALIDATE IT 3 TIMES IT FINALLY WORKED... KEEP DOING THAT UNTIL IT SAYS ALL FILES HAVE BEEN VALIDATED!

Crash dumps are nothing to do with steam, FM has been crash dumping for years, on steam and non steam versions. Glad you got your problem sorted though. A non steam version wouldn't have had the option to validate....

exactly what im getting, ive done the whole steam/fm properties local files/verify ect it updated my fm then now i go to launch and it comes up with the crash dumps??

Status
Not open for further replies.