Football Manager 2012: Manchester United Thread

What role would you give Rooney in a 4-4-2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ohembrough747

Reaction score

View attachment 200637

This thread is for all that have a Manchester United Save.

In this thread you can discuss:

• How your save is going

• The players you have bought

• The players you have sold

• Tactics you are using

• Tactics you have made

• Your current line-up

• Your results

• Any other Manchester United talk you can think of!

playing a 4 1 2 1 2 its unorthodox but like having an anchor man to help out def and also its becomes a 3 man attack
bought in vila to help strenghten the midfeild but feel i sud have been better off sellling berb and buying maybe leandro damino
any advice

playing with man utd and won premiership and champions league... beat barcelona, inter and real madrid in final... i used 4-1-2-2-1.... 4 defenders 1 dmc, 2mc, 2wingers, 1striker... bought cavani, luka modric-(play on mcr), m'vila...

Gk - De Gea - sweeper keeper - support
Lb - Evra - full back - auto
Lcb - Ferdinand - limited - stopper
Rcb - Vidic - limited - cover
Rb - Rafael - full back - auto
Lcm - Anderson - ball winner - support
Rcm - Carrick - deep playmaker - support
Amcl - Young - inside forw - attack
Amc - Rooney - att mid - support
Amcr - Nani - inside forw - attack
St - Hernandez - poacher - attack

Ive only JUST started the game, in the process off spending £4m on Faurlin from QPR to replace Anderson... Not a fan! Anyone know of a good, cheap (cause im very tight with my cash lol) deep playmaker? Any suggestions would me massively appreciated!

I have flogged Berbatov, Park, Kuszczak and Gibson and brought in Ross Barkley. I play 4-2-3-1 and am happy with Fletcher /Carrick /Anderson/ Barkley competing for the two central midfield slots

Nani is terrible as a right inside forward. His left foot fire blanks. Better as a winger

I fully agree with Ninjapug. Nani is ***** on his left foot for some reason. I've just started a new save with Man Utd and it's going pretty well.

Feb 2012
Transfers:
In
Eriksen - £7.5m - Ajax

Out
Park Ji Sung - Loan - Spurs
Tried to ship as many youth players out on loan as I could.
Highlight Results
Manchester United 5 - 1 Liverpool
Manchester United 4 - 0 Chelsea
Arsenal 0 - 2 Manchester United

I've found Arsenal really hard to beat on this FM, but got one over on them in the League Cup.

I've had a really solid defence and De Gea has kept a bunch of clean sheets. My only losses have come to Manchester City, twice, 1-0. It hurt. I lost 3-2 to Tottenham in League Cup Semi Final first leg, but spanked them 5-0 in the return fixture.

Playing a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers.

Key Players
Hernandez - goal machine
Eriksen on AML - bags of assists
Rooney - keeps the team ticking over with a lot of goals, assits and key passes.

First Season
Bought in Willian and Hamsik
Sold Anderson ,Diouf and loaned Macheda out

Played a 4-2-4 similar to Raikan's Might and Magic
And after having 3 FM10 saves,4 FM11 saves and 1 FM12 save, finally managed to win the treble in the first season itself.

Team was
DeGea(Lindegaard)\
Rafael(Park)-----Ferdinand(Smalling,Evans)-----Vidic(Jones) ----- Evra(Fabio)
----------Fletcher(Carrick)--------------Hamsik(Cleverly,Giggs)-------------
Valencia(Willian,Nani)---------------------------------------Young(Giggs,Nani)
-------------Hernandez(Welbeck)--------------Rooney(Berbatov)-------------

Tried everything to sell Gibson and Owen but none bought them, so had to keep them till the end of season.

I have bought Lavezzi for second season, he had suprising 7Million Release Clause, anyone who has had Lavezzi on his team before, where he would be better AMR or Striker???

Back