how to stop steam from automatic updates?

gamersnsd906

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this? I had to start over with the recent 12.2.0 update. The reason is because it restores the fake files in INC that I've deleted to unlock the germany team etc.

This sucks because I was at the end of year 2016 and managed to sign Tim Howard, Robinho, And Phillipe Mexes as Designated players, with Kaka coming to the New York Red Bulls in January 2017... >.<

EDIT: Also, how do I delete my hall of fame history? Like, whenever I start a new game and check the hall of fame, my past manager profiles are all there.

EDIT 2: Is it the "Offline" option under "Steam"?

Last edited:
All you have to do is re-delete the fake files in the new db folder.

@EDIT: No idea...

@EDIT2: Yes.

If you go to your Steam Library, right click on FM 2012. Select 'properties'. Then click on the tab which says 'updates'. Change the updates to 'do not automatically update this game'. Then click on another tab before closing. (If you don't click on another tab, the change is not always recognised and you'll get a nasty surprise when the next time you play Steam tells you it's finished updating...).

That should prevent Steam from constantly downloading the .inc files which come with the game over the ones you've put in.

thanks, if i do that and then reinstall from my disk how to i arrange to only update to 12.1.0 from steam instead of them downloading to 12.2.0?

You can't dazzo1. Downside with the Steam method of distributing games and patches. It's base game without patches at best if you don't want latest patch applied.