Football Manager 2012 Tottenham Hotspur Tactics

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post on FM-Base, so hopefully it will turn out well. This is my guide on Tottenham Hotspur, for all the Spurs fans out there like me, or who just generally want to try managing the all-mighty team that is Spurs.

Tactics

kMJf

I like to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, but it may appear as 4-3-3. This tactic works very well, as Spurs are especally got at attack, with the two midfielder's coming up to help the attacking midfielder, but you've also got those two centre midfielder's who can easily be changed to defensive midfielder's if you so wish. If you do play those two as defensive midfielder's, I recommend Tom Huddlestone and Scott Parker, if you don't intend on buying one.

First Team

This is the team that I would play when playing big teams such as Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal ect ect.

kMN4

Friedel, despite not being No. 1, is the best goalkeeper in the current Tottenham Hotspur, so we put him in goal. Kyle Walker is often mislead as a backup right defender- this couldn’t be more wrong. Kyle Walker is a very talented defender and you’ll notice he will win the ball from dangerous attacks many times. Kaboul is good for the corners. He can really get his head stuck up in the air.
In midfield, we’ve got Huddlestone and Parker as our centres. Going forward a bit we’ve got Luka Modric as our attacking centre midfielder, then to the right of him we’ve got Lennon, and to the left we’ve got Bale, who are both coming forward to assist Modric on the attack. These three attacking midfielder’s will mainly be support for Defoe (who can also be swapped for Adebayor), who will score most of your goals.
Expectations and Funds
When you first get asked of what to expect from you, you should chose “Title Challenge.”

kMSw

You will be given £15.5M transfer money, and £1.2M wage money. If you sell some of the players I mention in the Transfer section of this guide, you should have the money to sign some players.

Transfers
Out- Ryan Nelson, Steven Pienaar, William Galas.
In- Moussa Sissoko, Eden Hazard, Peter Odemwingie, Leighton Baines.
You will not believe how good Odemwingie is. His stats look rubbish, but he will do so well for you. You should be able to buy him for around £14M from West Brom. He is a start player, and could be used in a rotation between Defoe and Adebayor.
Sissoko is also a very talented player, who, if signed, should replace Parker in midfield, or another option is to move Modric back into midfield, put Sissoko next to him and play Van der Vaart inbetween Bale and Lennon. Sissoko and Modric work wonders together.
Eden Hazard doesn’t need much to say about him. He’s a quality player, but if you decide to sign Odemwingie it’s probably a good idea not to opt for Hazard as you will then have too many attackers to choose from.
Leighton Baines is a class defender, and should instantly replace Assou-Ekotto down the left defence. Sign him quickly, because I find a lot of times in my games, the likes of Arsenal and Manchester City will attempt to sign him first.
Summary
Following these tactic’s will most likely get you a spot in at least the top four. When it comes to small games when playing the likes of West Brom and QPR, then remember to rest your decent players because they will get tired and begin to underperform. Also, give some backup players a chance to play in small games so they don’t get concerned. Good luck, and feel free to post some feedback on these tactics, and also recommendations for my next guide. Thanks for reading.

How will it work with a lower league team? Such as burnley, blackpool, Cardiff or such else?

Cheers

I'm not doubting your results, logic, or the correctness of the advice, but it's not often that one sees a guide recommending signing Peter Odemwingie over Eden Hazard. ;)

it worked first game i did it in was against arsenal there were a few changes tho. rakitski in defence, coentro in lb, gago cdm and honda (BEAST) IN CAM

Back