Football Manager 2013 Query

• Thread starter Thread starter BadBoy112
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 8K

BadBoy112

Reaction score
Hi, im thinking of buying football manager 2013 but i need to clarify important issue. can football manager be run without the cd after installed, meaning, is their activation key included??... also in a previous year, you could use key on 4 different computers or it was 4 diff keys. is this the case still??

reply asap pls. thanks

Last edited:
Football Manager runs through steam ONLY. If you purchase the disc you still need to install and use steam to play the game using the activation code.

Once the game is associated with your steam library, you are free to download steam and install the game onto as many computers as you want, you can only play on one computer at a time though.

right, so basically i cn install it on my comp and my brothers laptop but we cnt play network play?? because only one can play at a time??.....there was one year you allowed to play on multiple comps at same time.... cnt i use the key on 2 diff steam accounts?

Why would purchasing one copy of the game enable 2 people to use it?

Why would purchasing one copy of the game enable 2 people to use it?
Because if it isn't so, people seek warez!
We have to fight piracy, not enforce it.
Notebook and PC are both mine. The notebook isn't of abishuaf and the PC of abishuaf2. So the same must be for FM2013

well jake, i remember one year you could play on 4 diff pcs, your aim was that the single person can play his game on diff ways but in fact you could play it on 4 diff computers....maybe you still can do this.... but obv you wouldnt be allowed to say it works??

all i want to kno is.... if i use the activation key on 2 diff steams.... will it work??...to be fair, id like it to be yes... cuz i wouldnt buy the game otherwise

No.

If i buy a CD, a DVD, even another computer game like COD or FIFA, of course my friends and family are free to borrow it whenever they want. Do i expect it to be possible for me to also use the product at the same time as they are using it? No.

Why is it any different with FM?

all i want to kno is.... if i use the activation key on 2 diff steams.... will it work??...to be fair, id like it to be yes... cuz i wouldnt buy the game otherwise

No, it wont work.

SI have fought pircay.

Before steam was mandatory, zero day game pirates outnumbered genuine buyers 3:1

'Requiring 2 people to buy their own copy of the game means they will turn to piracy' - is your argument.

I'd say you are just being cheap.

No.
We should fight piracy, not making it stronger.

Some of the guff I read on here never ceases to amaze me.

So a requirement to fight piracy and not make it stronger, is to do something that nobody else does and make each copy of the game available to more than one person?

As Jake has already said, why is this only expected with FM? Unbelieveable.

If theres one game where you get your monies worth its FM...

The achievements dont lie :)

2 People?
The notebook is mine, the workstation is mine...there is only one person here. Not two.
Why should I buy two copies of the same game?
If I want play against myself staying on another computer or if I have God's power to be in two places at the same moment, this is not business of the Sigames.
Anyway, please don't answer me, it's useless

Well, I wasn't actually referring to you in terms of the two people. However.....

You can quite happily install FM2013 and play it on both of your systems, you just couldn't play them both at the same time. Thats not too hard to comprehend, surely?

It's not hard to comprehend, right.
But...there is still a problem. To me, Football Manager has doubled its price. Once, I paid just 49.90 Euros to play. Now I have to pay 99.80. This is not a correct policy.

Pricing policy is up to local agents, not SI.

Steam makes it incredibly easy to install the game on all the computers that you own, but thats not what you are asking for. You are asking to get access to 2 games whilst only paying for one.

I just can't see how you think this is a realistic request when it isn't an option with any other major computer game.

In all honesty, why would a single person play two copies at the same time anyway? Obviously if you have two copies running two people are using it.

In all honesty, why would a single person play two copies at the same time anyway? Obviously if you have two copies running two people are using it.

It's incredible how some people would justify everything...

Back